Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Level Account, Should i upgrade/change?

Options
  • 10-04-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

currently i have a Third Level Current Account, i started a college course in 2012, but did not complete (full time) - i have been working full time for a while now, and feel that i am not getting the best banking experience.

I attempted to apply for an overdraft, but i was told that i cannot as my account is in Third Level Status, same as applying for most loan-based products.

thanks

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi,

currently i have a Third Level Current Account, i started a college course in 2012, but did not complete (full time) - i have been working full time for a while now, and feel that i am not getting the best banking experience.

I attempted to apply for an overdraft, but i was told that i cannot as my account is in Third Level Status, same as applying for most loan-based products.

thanks

Robert
    Hi RobertHopkins, 

Thanks for your post.

As you are now no longer in 3rd level education, you will need to contact your account holding branch to upgrade your account to a Personal account.

Once this is done you can then contact our Lending Team on 0818 200 334 to discuss your Lending needs.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi,

thanks

Robert
    Hi RobertHopkins, 

Thanks for your post.

As you are now no longer in 3rd level education, you will need to contact your account holding branch to upgrade your account to a Personal account.

Once this is done you can then contact our Lending Team on 0818 200 334 to discuss your Lending needs.

Janette
    Thanks Janette,

Is there some sort of service/contact email address/point of contact for people (like me) who dont have much time during the working week to pay a visit to a branch? 

I would love to discuss my options re my initial query, to make sure i am getting the most out of my financial situation with Bank of Ireland, but i dont really have the time to drop in to a branch during the week, due to my working hours.

thanks

Robert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi RobertHopkins,

Thanks for your post.

We wouldn't recommend sending sensitive account details through email but you can contact your branch directly by phone to request that the account is changed to a personal current account.

The contact details for your branch can be found here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Downside is you can't apply for overdraft.

Upside of third level account is no quarterly fees or transaction fees. And you can exchange currency without the additional charge.

Think carefully before you swao

Advertisement