Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retaken penalty after the match was over

• 10-04-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Uefa setting an unusual precident with this, will we see a few managers demanding a retake for dodgy penalty decisions from now on?
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32242750

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

In fairness it wasn't a dodgy penalty decision, the referee didn't know the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It would have been the correct decision if Williamson missed the penalty! It's harsh on the ref in the middle to get sent home when there was a whole ref team involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

seen that yesterday

first of all, the penalty was not deemed invalid because there was a player in the box.... there wasn't... i freeze framed the video and clearly no player in the box

whatever about that, the ref should have allowed the kick be taken again

whatever about that, i don't think there should be a replay allowed. how many times down through the years have we seen referees making mistake after mistake... how many times have we seen a replay been given as a result?... never.... a dangerous precedent to set IMO

mush better off cleaning up their act and allowing the likes of a video ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

Seve OB wrote: »
    seen that yesterday

first of all, the penalty was not deemed invalid because there was a player in the box.... there wasn't... i freeze framed the video and clearly no player in the box

whatever about that, the ref should have allowed the kick be taken again

whatever about that, i don't think there should be a replay allowed. how many times down through the years have we seen referees making mistake after mistake... how many times have we seen a replay been given as a result?... never.... a dangerous precedent to set IMO

mush better off cleaning up their act and allowing the likes of a video ref

it wasn't even a full replay which might have been fairer, it was the penalty and the couple of second that were left to play after the original penalty....ridiculous the rest of the team had to get togged out for it....weird decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

But playing on from that minute was the correct decision. It seems ridiculous coz it happened at the last kick of the game. It happened between Bahrain and someone else and the full match was replayed. Bahrain should have been at the wrong side of the decision but ended up drawing the replay and qualifying on goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It would have been the correct decision if Williamson missed the penalty! It's harsh on the ref in the middle to get sent home when there was a whole ref team involved.

I wouldn't say harsh. Clearly she shouldn't have been there in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thud wrote: »
    .ridiculous the rest of the team had to get togged out for it....weird decision

They both played matches before it I think. Definitely at some stage yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I haven't seen this incident so not talking about this specifically, but surely that rule has to be changed. If the attacking teams players encroach when their player is taking a penalty, then why should it be retaken? Theyre gaining an advantage from encroaching (first to rebounds), with zero punishment if caught. The same with goalkeepers encroaching on the other side, although ref's can use a bit of common sense there by not retaking if the pen is actually scored in that scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I haven't seen this incident so not talking about this specifically, but surely that rule has to be changed. If the attacking teams players encroach when their player is taking a penalty, then why should it be retaken? Theyre gaining an advantage from encroaching (first to rebounds), with zero punishment if caught. The same with goalkeepers encroaching on the other side, although ref's can use a bit of common sense there by not retaking if the pen is actually scored in that scenario

take a look at it... you will be hard pushed to find any encroachment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

ffs read the first line of my post again

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you sure you're watching the first penalty? It's pretty clear that there's an English player with both feet inside the penalty area:

344859.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Are you sure you're watching the first penalty? It's pretty clear that there's an English player with both feet inside the penalty area:

344859.png

And she is just standing there after the ball has been kicked, not going for any rebound at all. A bit of common sense from the referee wouldn't have gone amiss, never mind knowing the bloody rules at all.

Advertisement