Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Best Takeaway in Bray?

• 10-04-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭

Been a while since we had one of these, Fish/burgers and chips mainly but feel free to mention your favourite Asian or Pizza place aswell.

Personally I dont really have a favourite, or even one I particularly enjoy, they're all the same now, those horrible brown paper bags of chips that are more greasy mashed potatoes than crispy chips, I usually go to Mcdonalds or have an all day breakfast when I get the hangover cravings these days but mostly I just skip it. I wish we had a Supermacs or a Burdocks or just something interesting...

Are there any hidden gems down at the DART station or the seafront I might have missed?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Thargor wrote: »
    I usually go to Mcdonalds or have an all day breakfast when I get the hangover cravings these days but mostly I just skip it. I wish we had a Supermacs or a Burdocks or just something interesting...

Macdonalds, Supermacs and Burdocks is all pure manure. There are plenty nice fish and chips shops around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I wasn't too sure about their chips during the day at Henry and Rose, maybe they suffered a bit but two weeks ago I had a lovely bag of chips at 2am there and they were fantastic! Crisp on the outside with bits sticking off like roast potatoes and the inside nice and fluffy. Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Preusse wrote: »
    I wasn't too sure about their chips during the day at Henry and Rose, maybe they suffered a bit but two weeks ago I had a lovely bag of chips at 2am there and they were fantastic! Crisp on the outside with bits sticking off like roast potatoes and the inside nice and fluffy. Yummy!
    I still call it Rosie and Jims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

two weeks ago I had a lovely bag of chips at 2am . Yummy!

I'm not sure it's actually possible not to have a lovely bag of chips at 2am in fairness. Plus, there's the added bonus of having a ready made excuse for the upset stomach the following morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭skibum

My current favourite Chinese is "Kintai" on the quinsboro road, www.kintairestaurant.com and for a great chicken roll : The food HQ on the main street, www.foodhq.ie they use fresh fillets cooked in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

skibum wrote: »
    My current favourite Chinese is "Kintai" on the quinsboro road, www.kintairestaurant.com and for a great chicken roll : The food HQ on the main street, www.foodhq.ie they use fresh fillets cooked in store.

Food HQ isnt as nice as it was since the tall chef left

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

My choices would be kinda the obvious ones.....

Chipper - Henry & Rose, and not just at 02:00! :) I'm coeliac and they're always obliging to use one of the vats that doesn't get batter cooked in it!

Indian - I'm a big Bombay Pantry fan. I find ordering the meal for two deal to be a bit much for two people, so I'd often buy the frozen meals in the foil trays that they sell which are usually great value and handy to have at home!

Pizza - You can't beat Platform, and whilst I believe they do takeaways I don't think I could stomach paying full menu price for a takeaway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

skibum wrote: »

Shouldn't that be the norm in a food establishment, I wouldn't say that makes it good.
    g0g wrote: »
    My choices would be kinda the obvious ones.....

Chipper - Henry & Rose, and not just at 02:00! :) I'm coeliac and they're always obliging to use one of the vats that doesn't get batter cooked in it!

Indian - I'm a big Bombay Pantry fan. I find ordering the meal for two deal to be a bit much for two people, so I'd often buy the frozen meals in the foil trays that they sell which are usually great value and handy to have at home!

Pizza - You can't beat Platform, and whilst I believe they do takeaways I don't think I could stomach paying full menu price for a takeaway!

For me I like Lino's on the Dublin Road.

Indian, also like Bombay Pantry but also hearing good stuff about Daata Tandoori on the seafront but haven't tried it yet.

Pizza Platform is not bad at all but I think the pizzas in Campo de Fiori Risto Market are better...genuine Italian style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Daata Tandori is the only Indian I go to in Bray.

Great food and really lovely people.

Nice to sit in there too - same price as takeaway menu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Got a takeaway from Everest of Kathmandu on Friday. Really good, would recommend it.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Got a takeaway from Everest of Kathmandu on Friday. Really good, would recommend it.

Yes, love that one, too!

Cassoni's on the seafront, beside star amusements. Absolutely beautiful chips, and loads of them too.

Cassoni's on the seafront, beside star amusements. Absolutely beautiful chips, and loads of them too.

Yes, the only problem there are the weird opening times. Sometimes he is open in the evening and sometimes he is closed even before 8pm. Not sure why he doesn't capitalise on the evening late night custom. Then again, last year the premises were up for sale briefly on myhome so not sure what is going on.

Yes, the only problem there are the weird opening times. Sometimes he is open in the evening and sometimes he is closed even before 8pm. Not sure why he doesn't capitalise on the evening late night custom. Then again, last year the premises were up for sale briefly on myhome so not sure what is going on.

Oh I've never noticed that. The last time I had chips there would have been last year, they've been consistent for years though. Hope they're not changing hands.

Advertisement