Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 10/04/2015 to 16/06/2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Their hearts are opened up to the pain again Joe because you have him on your bloody show looking for all the details and making him relive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would have jumped up out of the seat in the courtroom and battered your man:mad:

It would have been worth doing the time for it and the mental satisfaction it would give.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Fair play to Mr. Furlong; "nothing anyone can do or say". Joe could learn from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

I know that most here (at least publicly) don't agree with the content of the show, but how many people listening find this good/entertaining radio?
    Todays show has found a really new LOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

wear a johnny?

jaysus the Irish female Bear Grylls

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    I know that most here (at least publicly) don't agree with the content of the show, but how many people listening find this good/entertaining radio?

It's a case of morbid curiosity at this stage to see how bad he can get. I was listening to Moncrieff but I flick over during the ads. He's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wow, being a pioneer gives you an ultra force field, where do i sign up???

M

You would swear it was the 1700's and you just disovered the earth was round the way people are talking today. You can have a phone with coverage anywhere on the face of the earth to communicate with anyone on earth instantly, a drop of common sense is all that's needed to stay safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

You would swear it was the 1700's and you just disovered the earth was round the way people are talking today. You can have a phone with coverage anywhere on the face of the earth to communicate with anyone on earth instantly, a drop of common sense is all that's needed to stay safe.

But can you get a french internet site ending in .fr in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

jaysus the Irish female Bear Grylls

They could do with her on one of the Islands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Only the thread entertains. As for the show, we are sometimes here to see how low he can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

As long as it's not spiked...

"Being a widow is not a lifestyle choice."

I'd say a few women in the women's prisons would beg to differ.

...and apparently a Swiss Army Knife.

M

Joe should cover this tomorrow, some woman bought Joe Dolans hip bone on Ebay for €650 notes, he even signed it “Mind my hip, Joe Dolan” :D

http://www.thejournal.ie/joe-dolan-hip-bought-on-ebay-for-e650-2051575-Apr2015/

They could do with her on one of the Islands.

Definitely- very poor this year. 3 men gone already....wusses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In true Lahv Lahn caller-fashion, I didn't hear the piece myself today :rolleyes: but even I (once described as "the most sarcastic and the most cynical") can't believe he discussed the Karen Buckley story already, especially as a trial will be forthcoming. Contrast this with the silence on the Graham Dwyer case until after the verdict was delivered. He truly is a very, very strange man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe should cover this tomorrow, some woman bought Joe Dolans hip bone on Ebay for €650 notes, he even signed it “Mind my hip, Joe Dolan” :D

http://www.thejournal.ie/joe-dolan-hip-bought-on-ebay-for-e650-2051575-Apr2015/

The Night Joe Dolan's Hip Broke Down.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

In true Lahv Lahn caller-fashion, I didn't hear the piece myself today :rolleyes: but even I (once described as "the most sarcastic and the most cynical") can't believe he discussed the Karen Buckley story already, especially as a trial will be forthcoming. Contrast this with the silence on the Graham Dwyer case until after the verdict was delivered. He truly is a very, very strange man.

Different jurisdiction - Scottish court has no power to ban discussion of the case here, nor should it. Joe knows this, of course, and will milk it for all it's worth, before, during and afterwards.
    Sub-judice - that's it.

Strange how some people go by the name they were called as a kid, the contestant today Nin and of course Pixie McKenna. I might go by the name "ya little bollix" in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Didnt like the way Joe was trying to shoehorn in his own conjecture by proxy with yer man James Buckley... Asking him leading questions about "whoy do de women cover der drinks, whoy".... leading the audience to believe that this is what happened to Karen Buckley... when really there is no evidence to that effect....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The beginning of the show today was a tad sickening. Yer man going on about the murdered girl being "everyone's adopted daughter" because the case has been in the media was disgusting, as were his attempts to tenuously connect his daughter being abroad with it because he had the same surname.

Irish people are so insincere when it comes to death/tragedy. All just there to be seen or get their take on the situation listened to when in reality it has nothing to do with them and they really don't care that much. See for instance: Irish people going to a funeral of someone they barely knew just to be there because it is the done thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The beginning of the show today was a tad sickening. Yer man going on about the murdered girl being "everyone's adopted daughter" because the case has been in the media was disgusting, as were his attempts to tenuously connect his daughter being abroad with it because he had the same surname.

Irish people are so insincere when it comes to death/tragedy. All just there to be seen or get their take on the situation listened to when in reality it has nothing to do with them and they really don't care that much. See for instance: Irish people going to a funeral of someone they barely knew just to be there because it is the done thing.
    a little bit of 'Princess Diana Syndrome' comes into it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A girl takes a chance and pays the ultimate price its just bad luck

all of us have done similar things in our lives and walked away

its just the throw of a dice

• Advertisement

WTF, she took a chance in living or dying? That's like something Joe would say, ah sure you're talking a chance with your life going to a club and meeting a fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Strange how some people go by the name they were called as a kid, the contestant today Nin and of course Pixie McKenna. I might go by the name "ya little bollix" in future

Ok....Ya little bollix:D

I know exactly what you mean; normally you'd take a greater risk simply crossing the road.
    Joe should be on a campaign to ban roads, but we know that won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Just listened back there to the first 20 minutes of the show, sickening stuff. The man has no shame to speak of.

Just listened back there to the first 20 minutes of the show, sickening stuff. The man has no shame so to speak.

fyp ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This has come up a few times lately - maybe not on this thread granted. But it grates with me.

I have often gone to the funerals of people I barely knew, or didn't know at all.

I go to funerals mostly to see/support/sympathise with the living relatives or friends of the deceased, whom I DO know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

signostic wrote: »
    I cant see the link between this unfortunate story and the one that has occurred in Scotland.
    Does there have to be one? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

speak for yourself, how do you know how people really feel about a case like this?

you're very cynically minded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was in and out of the car listening to some of this today.

It's a disgrace Joe.

I had my 20 year old daughter with me for the start and she couldn't get over the sh1te that was being talked by the first man.

She shouted at the radio, 'What are we all supposed to do, Joe, stay at home and study and listen to the radio?'

She's starting to understand why I don't like Joe Duffy.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I was in and out of the car listening to some of this today.

It's a disgrace Joe.

I had my 20 year old daughter with me for the start and she couldn't get over the sh1te that was being talked by the first man.

She shouted at the radio, 'What are we all supposed to do, Joe, stay at home and study and listen to the radio?'

She's starting to understand why I don't like Joe Duffy.

WHOY? ;)

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Different jurisdiction - Scottish court has no power to ban discussion of the case here, nor should it. Joe knows this, of course, and will milk it for all it's worth, before, during and afterwards.
    Sub-judice - that's it.

I get that and I knew it, but I'm still surprisingly shocked and disgusted as to how class-less this cheap stunt (as essentially that's all it was) was. I suspect that beneath his all too frequently referenced faith and public concerned persona/champion of the people etc. is a deeply flawed, selfish, nasty, "unwell" and flawed man.

Contender for today is the lad with special needs getting beaten up in Fairview Park. Bet Duffy regrets this is Friday,cos he'd get a whole week outa that.;)
    More doom and gloom!

Contender for today is the lad with special needs getting beaten up in Fairview Park. Bet Duffy regrets this is Friday,cos he'd get a whole week outa that.;)
    More doom and gloom!

I heard this story earlier on Morning Ireland there is no doubt in my mind that the people that carried this out are in Joe's words "Bad Bad Bad Bastards":mad::mad:, not being a Dub myself I'm not sure but isn't this place near the Duffy Castle?

I wonder has the sense of "entitlement" in people lead to events like this becoming far more common? :mad:

More doom and gloom!

The scumbag who did it, is, to use Duffyspeak, a "Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad B@stard", so to speak.

The scumbag who did it, is, to use Duffyspeak, a "Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad B@stard", so to speak.

I believe it was more than just one scumbag.

• Advertisement

I actually thought it was the same guy from Cork who suffered similar.

I heard this story earlier on Morning Ireland there is no doubt in my mind that the people that carried this out are in Joe's words "Bad Bad Bad Bastards":mad::mad:, not being a Dub myself I'm not sure but isn't this place near the Duffy Castle?

I wonder has the sense of "entitlement" in people lead to events like this becoming far more common? :mad:

Yep fujitsu 10 (had a brilliant car stereo by that name years ago) it's very close to the Duffy pile. Joe prob walked the 3 twins there in the past. Or maybe got the servants to do it.;)
    Don't think its a self of entitlement that leads to this sort of thing,more a lack of policemen/women on the street. Duffy would be better served to champion the need for more coppers and harsher jail sentences than fookin widows pensions and the like. He might even gain some respect here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Put their faces on the front page of the Herald and let the public deal with the fcukers:mad:

The Bull McCabe made the field, but the Duffster makes the liveline

Up today

Scout bus can't get insurance
    Nicola Furlongs father > more about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Put their faces on the front page of the Herald and let the public deal with the fcukers:mad:

That would be an 'interesting' system of justice.

It is very unclear what happened in this case. Were there any independent witnesses? Everyone seems to be rushing to judgement.

I would prefer to let the Gardai investigate and see what develops from that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you see many Gardaí out in force yesterday as they clamped down on speeding?
    We'll be talking about young people getting in to difficult situations and getting out of them

Just wondering ..........has anyone ever seen Lady Duffy? :confused::)

Hitchens wrote: »
    No :eek:
    Have you checked the basement of chateau Duffy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ye mean Siobhan? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Someone has to count the money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement