Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

dulux99 wrote: »
    Just moved onto chapter 3 and still haven't come across any bears in the wild. Disappointing.

I'm on Chapter 2 and came across one by Cattail pond. Missed the snow and headed back north. They are fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

how does the whole wanted/mask/outfit thing work? i robbed a train with my mask on, built a bounty of 180, robbed a horse and got away. i changed my outfit and removed mask as well as ditching stolen horse. somehow i still have a bounty of 180 on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

how does the whole wanted/mask/outfit thing work? i robbed a train with my mask on, built a bounty of 180, robbed a horse and got away. i changed my outfit and removed mask as well as ditching stolen horse. somehow i still have a bounty of 180 on my head.

This definitely needs clarification from rockstar. I read some theories online and looks like you need to test it out on stores, trains might be harder to figure out. It looks like you need to equip a mask outside town, ride in, rob someone and get out without the law getting line of sight. It seems they can install see through disguise. Once outside town, take off mask, change clothes and change horse and the bounty will disappear.

At the moment it's not fun trying to rob some place because you know you're gonna get a bounty and it will cost more than the money you actually robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »
    3 star Rattlesnake: Shoot with small game arrow for perfect skin.

Kill rattlesnake with small game arrow. Walk up to skin it, now it's one star.

The game fúcking told me exactly what to do and I did exactly that. I'm done with hunting. It is a load of artificial game-lengthening horseshít.

You have to get a headshot which is hard.

Or God just smites them for you like he does for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tuco88 wrote: »
    The legendary fish... bollox too long for me.

Anyone drop that guy with the damaged arm to the doc in st denis?

Jaysus, stay and watch the operation. Feck.
    Pitty you cant give both barrels of the double barrel in one go.😂

Where can I get that guy with the arm??

Tuco88 wrote: »
    The legendary fish... bollox too long for me.

Anyone drop that guy with the damaged arm to the doc in st denis?

Jaysus, stay and watch the operation. Feck.
    Pitty you cant give both barrels of the double barrel in one go.😂

Was busy robbing the till when he was operating and then leaving right quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Varik wrote: »
    You have to get a headshot which is hard.

Or God just smites them for you like he does for me.

I came across a badger (I think) that was
    playing dead. Went to pick it up and it ran away.

I came across a badger (I think) that was
    playing dead. Went to pick it up and it ran away.

Would have been a
    possum, playing possum..

Snake was rightly dead, head was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Came across a feller who was hunting. He didn't say what he was hunting, but I decided to tag along with him. Anyway, a bear comes out of nowhere all of a sudden and yer man legged it and left me get behind to get mauled. Thanks a lot mister who-ever-you-are :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just finished chapter 3....

:(

Drumpot wrote: »
    What’s the crack with home robberies? I’ve had two people give me places to rob but I don’t see the rob house icon on the map! And I don’t know where to go back and look at where your man told
    Me I could find it? What screen is that?

You playing on PS4 Drumpot?

If you press the left button on the D-pad, it brings up that stuff along with the camp items you have to find for people.

Tbh, I haven't even touched them yet, too engrossed in the story to do too much exploring. Although I've started racking up bounties more often. My Strawberry one though ($215) was still the largest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I read some people took Hours to get it. I rocked up to west of the lake, spotted her straight away, rope around the neck, new horsie for me. Guess I was lucky.

Does lassoing it work? I did it the way the prompts told me and got bucked a few times. Waiting for it to respawn is a prick though. Was only trying it last night as haven't made much progress yet. I set up camp and turned off before I could get it..

astradave wrote: »
    Does lassoing it work? I did it the way the prompts told me and got bucked a few times. Waiting for it to respawn is a prick though. Was only trying it last night as haven't made much progress yet. I set up camp and turned off before I could get it..

Haha, do not try it on a person trying to escape you on horseback, especially if you're not supposed to kill them...

Lassoed a lad I was trying to get money out of from his horse and he crumpled to the floor dead :pac::pac:

Whoopsies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

astradave wrote: »

Walk up to it slowly, call out first then keep hitting the button to calm it. Lasso when you're in range then get close and mount before your stamina runs out. then you have to try stay on while it's bucking and keep spamming calm.

Worth making a save when you know it's spawned and reloading that rather than trying to find it again if you mess up. Once it gets spooked it seemed near impossible to get close to .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Walk up to it slowly, call out first then keep hitting the button to calm it. Lasso when you're in range then get close and mount before your stamina runs out. then you have to try stay on while it's bucking and keep spamming calm.

Worth making a save when you know it's spawned and reloading that rather than trying to find it again if you mess up. Once it gets spooked it seemed near impossible to get close to .

I tried this and it didn't work when I loaded it back in. I may have overwritten the save accidentally but I'm outraged enough not to accept any blame myself. One of the times I found it was in a blizzard, at night....obviously. Once it spooks couldn't get near it again. Are we absolutely certain you can't wound it a little?

Manual saves don't save everything as it is, strangers and random events that were going on nearby probably won't be there. probably the same in this case.

Was up around Van Horn last night and got attacked by the hill billies on the way in then wanted as I was seen looting. Headed into town and lost the wanted. Did a few things there then went to take a stage back to Rhodes but couldn't as the game still thought I was wanted. Rode to emerald station checked to see if I had a bounty but didn't took the train to Valentine but the stage there says I'm wanted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Played it a few hours on Friday before London so took a stroll out to Fort Wallace, the red zone by Valentine.

I was just on the left side of dishonorable not by much mind you but decided to start taking on the Army, the door to the Fort is shut so they cant leave and they're basically sitting ducks up on the wall so I decided to stay there for a good 30mins to pick them off as they keep re=spawning.

I'm not pretty much at the end of the dishonorable chart but got no bounty or wanted popping up for taking on the army, was strange.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Manual saves don't save everything as it is, strangers and random events that were going on nearby probably won't be there. probably the same in this case.

I don't think that's true, every time I load a manual save I get the exact same "chance" encounters alnog the road and the horse was in the same place for me too.

• Advertisement

I don't think that's true, every time I load a manual save I get the exact same "chance" encounters alnog the road and the horse was in the same place for me too.

Manual saves for me tend to put me in a slightly different area near by when loaded.

Manual saves for me tend to put me in a slightly different area near by when loaded.

That's true but there was no issue with the horse respawning around the same spot once I got back for me anyway.

It's nice how some folk in the game remember you. I sucked some venom out of a guys leg while I was out roaming in the countryside.

Anyway, while I passing through a town, he remembered me and I got some bullets on his tab.

It's nice to be remembered in a good way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm really enjoying this game - I'm about 26-27% through the story (it seems to be progressing a lot faster than I thought - 60 hours I heard but I haven't played 15/16 hours yet...) and have done a few house robberies, caught some bounties, I need to go searching for a few of those legendary animals soon too. I got one of the treasure maps from some bloke (paid $10 for it), so I need the other to find the treasure, or can it be done with one?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It's nice how some folk in the game remember you. I sucked some venom out of a guys leg while I was out roaming in the countryside.

Anyway, while I passing through a town, he remembered me and I got some bullets on his tab.

It's nice to be remembered in a good way :)

Bullets? Pfffff I charged a shiny new rifle to his tab. :pac:

Another guy in Rhodes that I did the same thing for unwittingly bought me an entire outfit from the general store.

Bullets? Pfffff I charged a shiny new rifle to his tab. :pac:

Another guy in Rhodes that I did the same thing for unwittingly bought me an entire outfit from the general store.

I tried to buy a weapon, but I couldn't so bullets will do. You can never have enough bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Did anyone run into a gold prospector at the lake where the legendary bear is? Was in a conversation with him when I aimed my bow at him by mistake and he started shooting. Lassoed him hoping he'd calm down but he just ran away when I let him free so guessing I've missed out on whatever that was all about

Yeah if you wait til he's finished, he finds gold and then you can rob him and get a nice gold ingot that gets you $300.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jordan 199 wrote: »

"And with that the defence rests, your honour."

I got Revenented yesterday when I was sneaking up on a rabbit and a grissly jumped out and ate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

The US side from the first game is in the second game but apparently there's a whole lot of nothing to do there

im guessing this will play a part in the online aspect of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I tried this and it didn't work when I loaded it back in. I may have overwritten the save accidentally but I'm outraged enough not to accept any blame myself. One of the times I found it was in a blizzard, at night....obviously. Once it spooks couldn't get near it again. Are we absolutely certain you can't wound it a little?

It's actually not that hard to catch it again if you get knocked off the first time. It just runs a short distance away, follow its tracks on foot and when you see it again, stop running and keep pressing L2 until you see the "Calm" button appear. I never used the lasso, always calmed it until I could get close and give it a pat (not sure if that makes it easier to break). Otherwise, the only way I could get it to respawn by the shore of the lake was to leave the mountains completely, sleep and then go back.

I spent hours catching it and getting thrown off multiple times before I realised I was doing it wrong. You have to constantly hold the left analog in the back/down direction while keeping steady on the horse (not holding down the L3 button, which is what I was doing).
    Once I did that I broke it on the first try.

Advertisement