Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Anyone else finish the campaign? I finised it the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. Easily the most affecting storyline in a game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Am still slowly playing my way through it over my weekends.
    After what went down in Strawberry I paid that bounty; is it best to do that?? :confused:
    I got a nice holster at least; do I need to buy the extra pistol or can I loot it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ERG89 wrote: »
    Am still slowly playing my way through it over my weekends.
    After what went down in Strawberry I paid that bounty; is it best to do that?? :confused:
    I got a nice holster at least; do I need to buy a pistol or can I loot it??

You can loot them.

Go into the saloon in East Valentine and talk to the guy and get the side quest where you have to find the other gunslingers. You can get some free pistols/revolvers that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    You can loot them.

Go into the saloon in East Valentine and talk to the guy and get the side quest where you have to find the other gunslingers. You can get some free pistols/revolvers that way.

Yupp, being solely using the revolvers I've found from the gunslinger side quest. I haven't gone back to Strawberry since the mayhem there, I'll deal with the bounty when the story forces me back that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

I'm pretty new to XBox gaming, most of my past game experience is on PC and, to be honest, I'm struggling with the aiming/shooting side of things and even just looking around. Any tips for a newbie to get the most out of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Standman wrote: »
    It's actually not that hard to catch it again if you get knocked off the first time. It just runs a short distance away, follow its tracks on foot and when you see it again, stop running and keep pressing L2 until you see the "Calm" button appear. I never used the lasso, always calmed it until I could get close and give it a pat (not sure if that makes it easier to break). Otherwise, the only way I could get it to respawn by the shore of the lake was to leave the mountains completely, sleep and then go back.

I spent hours catching it and getting thrown off multiple times before I realised I was doing it wrong. You have to constantly hold the left analog in the back/down direction while keeping steady on the horse (not holding down the L3 button, which is what I was doing).
    Once I did that I broke it on the first try.

L2 well fk. I have been hitting R1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The game tells you robbing trains can be very lucrative. Not when the bounty you get is higher than the actual take from the robbery.

I changed my outfit, put on a mask and hid my horse in a nearby forest before jumping on a train and holding up a few passengers. I still got "Wanted: Arthur Morgan" How?! How do you know it's me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Got a nice tub of Hair Pomade on my first and only train robbery... and a bounty of about 300 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    The game tells you robbing trains can be very lucrative. Not when the bounty you get is higher than the actual take from the robbery.

I changed my outfit, put on a mask and hid my horse in a nearby forest before jumping on a train and holding up a few passengers. I still got "Wanted: Arthur Morgan" How?! How do you know it's me?

K8ZAsxu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Arthur Morgan looks semi baked! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm only after realising, I haven't been in any proper duels in this game, there hasn't been anyone challenging me like in RDR1.

One guy challenged me but he blacked out in the street just as we were about to start but nothing since.

I'm in chapter 3, probably not far off chapter 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I have 0/21 perks... is there any easy ones I can get, or are they worth it?

The only things I've done outside of the missions and side missions are:
    * Update the camp completely
    * Shoot three birds
    * Play all the gambling mini games, and double down successfully twice
    * Buy a new horse and bond with it
    * Eat, sleep and drink occasionally

I've done feck all crafting, hunting, fishing or skinning animals.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'm only after realising, I haven't been in any proper duels in this game, there hasn't been anyone challenging me like in RDR1.

One guy challenged me but he blacked out in the street just as we were about to start but nothing since.

I came across one in
    Rhodes, opposite the post office. The guy shot someone else and asked was anyone else ready to die

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Yeah I miss the duels from the previous game. There is a mechanic for it and it does happen once or twice, but surprised it didn't happen more. Think it only happened twice for me but both times I had to disarm them rather than kill them, so had to shoot the gun from their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I miss the duels from the previous game. There is a mechanic for it and it does happen once or twice, but surprised it didn't happen more. Think it only happened twice for me but both times I had to disarm them rather than kill them, so had to shoot the gun from their hands.

I found disarming them was tricky, but I want to become good at dueling in case it's in RDR2 online.

I think I read somewhere that if you're caught cheating at playing poker, you're challenged to a duel.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that if you're caught cheating at playing poker, you're challenged to a duel.

How do you cheat? Seems like I'm missing out on a lot (if you look at my other post today). Is this one of the 21 perks I haven't discovered?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wish there were more high-stakes poker/blackjack in the game. There's almost not point playing because of how little you get and how long it takes.

Penn wrote: »
    I wish there were more high-stakes poker/blackjack in the game. There's almost not point playing because of how little you get and how long it takes.

Still played it for about 2 hours :o

I've been in 3 duels I think. I don't know what I'm doing but managed to win all three. They were associated with a mission. One guy I had to chase on top of a train when we drew my aim was terrible and I shot him in the foot which killed him instantaneously. My horse who was chasing the train fell into a ravine, fortunately I got him back at a stable in the next town, it would have taken me days to walk back to the camp.

Still played it for about 2 hours :o

I'm the same. Play it for ages in camp to win $3. Twice now I noticed if you bet heavy in the opening hand everyone calls you. This worked out well for me when I drew A10 and JJ.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm the same. Play it for ages in camp to win $3. Twice now I noticed if you bet heavy in the opening hand everyone calls you. This worked out well for me when I drew A10 and JJ.

The Saloon in
    Saint Denis
    is great for it. The pot is way bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've been in 3 duels I think. I don't know what I'm doing but managed to win all three. They were associated with a mission. One guy I had to chase on top of a train when we drew my aim was terrible and I shot him in the foot which killed him instantaneously. My horse who was chasing the train fell into a ravine, fortunately I got him back at a stable in the next town, it would have taken me days to walk back to the camp.
    Was that for the gunslinger side mission? my horse was chasing after the train and ran into it and died, had to start all over again with my Warhorse! Gonna look for the Arabian tonight or tomorrow hopefully

Was that for the gunslinger side mission? my horse was chasing after the train and ran into it and died, had to start all over again with my Warhorse! Gonna look for the Arabian tonight or tomorrow hopefully

Yeah some dude I met in a bar who was writing a story about a gunslinger gave it to me. Very Unforgiven. Actually now I think of it I may have completed it or there's still a leg left. I never went go back to talk to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I was in one duel in Valentine, not associated with any mission, some guy just called me out in the street opposite the pub (not hotel) . managed to disarm him and he ran off and that's it. Nothing since.

Does it have to do with your reputation maybe? the lower you are the more people challenge you? cos im pretty high on the moral scale and not a dickey bird since that one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

mossie wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to XBox gaming, most of my past game experience is on PC and, to be honest, I'm struggling with the aiming/shooting side of things and even just looking around. Any tips for a newbie to get the most out of the game?

Take advantage of auto aim. Pull left trigger to aim, and if close enough to an enemy it will auto aim on them, shoot once or twice, release left trigger and pull it again to re-auto aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LENNY!

4goRcxo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

You can loot them.

I've met Black Belle but none since. Are they all linked or do I need to trigger some other mission to meet another gunslinger?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

shrewdness wrote: »
    You can loot them.

Go into the saloon in East Valentine and talk to the guy and get the side quest where you have to find the other gunslingers.  You can get some free pistols/revolvers that way.

I've met Black Belle but none since. Are they all linked or do I need to trigger some other mission to meet another gunslinger?
    They should all appear on the map after you talk to the guy in the Saloon in Valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Came across a feller who was hunting. He didn't say what he was hunting, but I decided to tag along with him. Anyway, a bear comes out of nowhere all of a sudden and yer man legged it and left me get behind to get mauled. Thanks a lot mister who-ever-you-are :mad: :mad: :mad:

He was hunting you. With his bear.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

J. Marston wrote: »

For train robberies, a tip I've seen elsewhere was to hijack a train then stop it on a bridge. That way you only need to deal with the guards on the train, as no other lawmen can get onto it which leads you to shooting them and increasing your bounty. I've done this twice - on the rail bridge between West Elizabeth and New Hannover, and on the bridge on the way into St Denis. You just need to leave your horse handy on the side you want to escape, as the law are still waiting under the bridge!

Advertisement