Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

They should all appear on the map after you talk to the guy in the Saloon in Valentine

My game is fecked so! Black Belle showed up straight away but I haven't seen the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

shrewdness wrote: »
    My game is fecked so! Black Belle showed up straight away but I haven't seen the rest.

Have a look around the greyed out areas on your map.

And pick up the weapons as it's the only chance you have of getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I picked up the weapons but couldn't keep them. It was giving me a choice of swapping them for the one I was carrying and I didn't want to give it up, pity as some of them looked quite unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

shrewdness wrote: »

Try looking at the photos of them you received in your satchel. Maybe that's what unlocks them on the map. I'm the same in that Black Belle was the only one who showed up on the map for me. Going to see tonight if doing that will show the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I picked up the weapons but couldn't keep them. It was giving me a choice of swapping them for the one I was carrying and I didn't want to give it up, pity as some of them looked quite unique.

You only swap them to use there and then, you don't lose them, you can re-eqip the old weapon from your horse, as far as I know anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Penn wrote: »
    Try looking at the photos of them you received in your satchel. Maybe that's what unlocks them on the map.

Correct yep, you have to read the notes on the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nixonbot wrote: »
    He was hunting you. With his bear. :D

Well, if I ever cross paths with that feller again, I'll take out my shotgun and blow his head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I read some people took Hours to get it. I rocked up to west of the lake, spotted her straight away, rope around the neck, new horsie for me. Guess I was lucky.

I didnt even rope her, just approached her slowly and calmed her, then got up close and petted her a bit, then hopped on and yeehaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Penn wrote: »
    Try looking at the photos of them you received in your satchel. Maybe that's what unlocks them on the map. I'm the same in that Black Belle was the only one who showed up on the map for me. Going to see tonight if doing that will show the rest of them.

Yeah think that's it, I just googled it. I'll try that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got chased out of Saint Denis by every lawman in the place for a 50c bounty.

They seriously need to implement on the spot fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

mutley18 wrote: »
    I didnt even rope her, just approached her slowly and calmed her, then got up close and petted her a bit, then hopped on and yeehaa!

Yeah I completely forgot, I didn't even use rope, just kept an eye on the calm meter and pressed the button as soon as it moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know what horse breed John has?

Just noticing it there, it's brownish/bay/chestnut with white mane/tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It's nice how some folk in the game remember you. I sucked some venom out of a guys leg while I was out roaming in the countryside.

Anyway, while I passing through a town, he remembered me and I got some bullets on his tab.

It's nice to be remembered in a good way :)
    if you had given him medicine. You would have got a free gun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The brightness levels in this game seem to be all over the place. Blacks are to dark and white's and bright colours are way to bright, which leads to black crush and over saturation on whites. Playing this on a Pro on a somewhat older TV which doesn't have HDR, but every other game is fine on this TV and Playstation bar this

Anyone else having similar problems? Messed around with video settings on both the PS4 and the TV to no avail. Do i just need a HDR TV or what?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    if you had given him medicine. You would have got a free gun

Thanks for the advice. No more sucking venom for me anymore :D

another 40 minutes searching for the horse that won't spawn +5 minutes to let the anger dissipate, honestly I should have given up days ago but I get obsessive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone know what horse breed John has?

Just noticing it there, it's brownish/bay/chestnut with white mane/tail.

Yeah, it's annoying going on missions with John and his cool horse, makes my Arabian look like a frail pony compared to his majestic beast.

The brightness levels in this game seem to be all over the place. Blacks are to dark and white's and bright colours are way to bright, which leads to black crush and over saturation on whites. Playing this on a Pro on a somewhat older TV which doesn't have HDR, but every other game is fine on this TV and Playstation bar this

Anyone else having similar problems? Messed around with video settings on both the PS4 and the TV to no avail. Do i just need a HDR TV or what?

HDR is broken according to a lot of people. I turned it off on the pro and it looks a lot better, I have a fairly good tv. There is some option where you can fiddle with the brightness. I turned mine way up but I generally do.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    HDR is broken according to a lot of people. I turned it off on the pro and it looks a lot better, I have a fairly good tv. There is some option where you can fiddle with the brightness. I turned mine way up but I generally do.

Same here. Turned it off on the One X. Colours so much more vibrant

yeah I'd heard there were issues with the hdr with the One X too. Watched some youtube video where a techie explained the technical reasons behind it but he lost me at "Hello"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, it's annoying going on missions with John and his cool horse, makes my Arabian look like a frail pony compared to his majestic beast.

I got the Arabian, but it is a poncy pony. Only interested as it has 'elite' handling apparently. Well, ive gone back to my fierce Turkoman and much happier with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zero-Cool wrote:

Only horses that match up to John's that I can see are the ones pulling the carriages.

So I promptly commandeered a beautiful white filly.

She's slow but has stamina for ages. Wouldn't change her for any fancy smhancy horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Did A guy living in a shack in a swamp just rape me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Did A guy living in a shack in a swamp just rape me?

Depends. Did you consent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

You can't fart in this game without being wanted and there's more bounty's than a Jamaican sweet shop. It's pissing me off

0_0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Does anyone else kill everything in sight? :/ Not sure how much it's going to affect the story or the difficulty in getting through it. Having to avoid a few places already

You can't fart in this game without being wanted and there's more bounty's than a Jamaican sweet shop. It's pissing me off

Only came across this recently in fairness. Was wandering around a town doing a random sidequest and during the course of it picked up about 4 or 5 different bounties.

People starting fights with me was the main issue, then there were the random morons who decided to run across the road just as I was passing by on my horse.

On one of these occasions I managed to evade the law by running towards the swamps and a gator promptly snacked on me....

Also was halfway through a replay of a mission this afternoon, on course for a gold medal.

Suddenly the PS4 knocks itself off... or so I thought.

Turns out my 19 month old found the second controller and tried to play with daddy... the joys :pac:

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Does anyone else kill everything in sight? :/ Not sure how much it's going to affect the story or the difficulty in getting through it. Having to avoid a few places already

No. I only kill if I'm provoked.

Advertisement