Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I was spamming hello to everyone in St. Denis, when suddenly Arthur points a gun at a lawman.

I have no idea how that happened but all hell broke loose.

I didn't kill anyone, I tried to flee.
    An initial 10 dollar bounty changed to 15.

My horse had to be revived twice, after that I decided to just run over the County(state?) line to save the horse from further crossfire.

Went to Rhodes to payoff the bounty.

Saw two lads with a safe , I've come across a pair before and ended up having to shoot them, but I tried to defuse the situation and as I approached boom!!!!! the safe exploded and the two guys were no more, got blow back myself :D

I looted the safe then noticed they had a horse and cart with them and a case of dynamite on it. I cut the horse loose and shot the dynamite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Saw two lads with a safe , I've come across a pair before and ended up having to shoot them, but I tried to defuse the situation and as I approached boom!!!!! the safe exploded and the two guys were no more, got blow back myself :D

I looted the safe then noticed they had a horse and cart with them and a case of dynamite on it. I cut the horse loose and shot the dynamite.

Haha, I killed the two lads and tried to blow the safe open. But my game bugged I think and as I was planting the dynamite apparently there was another stick lit on the safe :eek:

Cue a Benny Hill moment as I ran off with one stick lit trying to throw it away and the other one about to blow... needless to say I did not survive:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I remember those lads. They were down by a river/lake from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The guy who got bitten by the snake got bit again. I'm leaving him there if it happens again.

Also, apparently greeting people raises your honour. I'm just spamming hello everywhere now.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    The guy who got bitten by the snake got bit again. I'm leaving him there if it happens again.

Also, apparently greeting people raises your honour. I'm just spamming hello everywhere now.

Throwing back fish does it too notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The bigger fish are too much work. Thumb was in bits trying to reel one in the other night.

The bigger fish are too much work. Thumb was in bits trying to reel one in the other night.

While I find the fishing fun, I agree. Hold this button, spin this button, toggle this button... too many funking controls at once. I'll probably do more when I finish the main story though, same with hunting.

May even dabble in the online for this, didn't get into GTA 5 online as the shark cards etc put me off but I'm intrigued as to how online will work here.

More bank robberies please anyways, they're a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

here's a handy map for anyone that missed it
    was posted here already i think

https://rdr2map.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Controls in general are way too complicated. I haven't played in a week or so and have forgotten half of them. Also, is there a way to store weapons you're not using. I got a couple of what look like unique weapons from a mission but can only seem to have one of each type on me.

• Advertisement

Controls in general are way too complicated. I haven't played in a week or so and have forgotten half of them. Also, is there a way to store weapons you're not using. I got a couple of what look like unique weapons from a mission but can only seem to have one of each type on me.

As far as I know they all get stored on your horse and you can cycle through them there. Haven't seen any go missing on me yet anyways, even when I threw away an old one for a better model the old one is there on the saddle.

Find it hard to not use combo of the repeater, shotgun and pistol though tbh. I rarely change unless I need to snipe something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I don't think I've done any gunslinger missions? or maybe I have? what were they about?

I want to see the guy get his arm sawed off too :(

Just wondering, are the "side missions", like the ones with Charles etc part of the main story? I don't want to do just the yellow missions and then realise I can't do the ones with Charles and the likes.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I don't think I've done any gunslinger missions? or maybe I have? what were they about?

I want to see the guy get his arm sawed off too :(

Just wondering, are the "side missions", like the ones with Charles etc part of the main story? I don't want to do just the yellow missions and then realise I can't do the ones with Charles and the likes.

For me, the missions in white are all side missions - so fishing with Kieran, hunting with Charles etc are those ones in the camp, and then you have the stranger ones etc outside camp all in white. If they pop up in camp I try and do all of those before I push on with the yellow main story ones.

Not sure if they disappear but I would presume some might if you move on to the next chapter without completing them as some are fairly area specific, without going into too much detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I accidently bumped into a guy fishing. He pulled out his pistol so I knocked him out. Anyway I picked up his body and dumped it in a flowing river. After his body was washed down the river by a good few meters, the guy got up and walked out of the river, which surprised and astonished me. I thought I killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can anybody explain to me why my dead eye core is red? I’ve tried using items but nothing seems to change it

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Can anybody explain to me why my dead eye core is red? I’ve tried using items but nothing seems to change it

Happens me a bit too. Alcohol, smoking (not the tonics or gums, they only boost it temporarily - the alcohol can be found in the same slot as the food) or simply getting a decent kip tends to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Don't read the SPOILER if you're not past chapter 5!

On chapter 5 now,
    I'm very disappointed! So many holes in the plot hard to see how it will pan out logically. It's a bit ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Best to cook a load of meat when you get the chance. Cooked meat fills up every core.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Am I the only one who thinks Sean look like Domhnall Gleeson? I had to check out the actor who plays Sean to see if it was him. It was some other lad, Michael Mellamphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

here's a handy map for anyone that missed it was posted here already i think

https://rdr2map.com/

Any register or use the progress tracker with that site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I am loving this game, I have just made it to chapter 3 and have probably put 30 hours in of just wandering and hunting. I’m playing as a pure psycho and pretty much killing everyone who annoys me.

I had to over 1400 in bounties between the three areas I’ve been in but had to pay off one for 500 because I rode my horse from the mountains down to the trapper near strawberry only for him to refuse to serve me. I then had to go all the way to the other trapper to turn in pelts. Other than that I love the bounty system as it’s a great source of money and valuables from looting the dead bounty hunters. The dogs can F off tho, they are the only things giving me hassle with the encounters as they seem too fast for me to get an aim on quickly without deadeye and I kind of focus on the men and before I know it there are three bloodhounds very close.

My favourite part so far has been when I got asked by molly was I the man she heard of running around murdering innocent people for fun and another occasion Tilly stopped me ask am I okay because I seem very on edge and I am getting worked up, angry and violent very easily. Great moments of immersion for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll probably replay the gunslinger missions for the guns (if I ever get out of the frozen North) According to the interwebs you can glitch into Mexico.

The Trump jokes write themselves really but as far as anyone can tell none of it’s intentional, it’s just a bug that lets you get into Mexico when you’re not supposed to.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/05/fans-find-way-to-glitch-into-mexico-in-red-dead-redemption-ii-8107736/?ito=cbshare

Any register or use the progress tracker with that site?

They don't verify the email address so use a made up one if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

You can take those kinds of wagons to the fence in rhodes for a bit of extra cash too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Where can you find out how long you've played the game? I'm almost afraid to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just wondering, do people simply carrying on when they get killed (I die a lot) or reopen a saved game?

I have been reopening a saved game but that means I need to redo stuff over and over again.

For example, a duel event comes up, first time and I messed it up and die. Would you simply keep going after respawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just wondering, do people simply carrying on when they get killed (I die a lot) or reopen a saved game?

I have been reopening a saved game but that means I need to redo stuff over and over again.

For example, a duel event comes up, first time and I messed it up and die. Would you simply keep going after respawn?

I die a lot, would spend more time opening saves than playing the game if I did it that way :pac:

Only time I reload is when me horse dies, but it's rare as its the warhorse thingy - fecker runs away whenever I firebomb people though :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Leroy42 wrote: »

I just carry on, I haven't noticed any negative effects from dying for the most part. Only way I'd reload a save was if I had a good pelt on the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Got the
    legendary bear
    on my first attempt last night, was expecting a much tougher slog to bring him down.
    Never taking the hat off, it's class

Also - I can only see 2 trappers on my map, I presume story progress opens the rest?

• Advertisement

I save religiously having had horses die or get lost on me. I do die though if I have a legendary skin and can't be bothered heading to the trapper skin goes to him then I learned.

Advertisement