Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sat down and played for a whole 2 hours last night.. finally feel like I'm getting into it.

Completed chapter 1 with the
    train robbery

Starting to really enjoy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I thought i would try make some money in the game last night so i boarded a train and looted my way to the front and then a load of law men came so i murdered them all and made more from looting them than the train Q_Q

Then i thought any big home counted as a farmstead so i thought il break in to this place with loads of cow's ended up murdering the entire family for like some cans of beans :( i felt bad .. for wasting my time !! lol

So then i was what else could i try so i stole a few horse and carts and sold them to the fence but they didnt pay to well. And i now have insane bounties on my head but i wore a face mask the entire time so im not to sure how this bounty system is meant to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I thought i would try make some money in the game last night so i boarded a train and looted my way to the front and then a load of law men came so i murdered them all and made more from looting them than the train Q_Q

This was me when I saw a safe on a train yesterday - :D

This was me when I couldn't open the safe - :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I lost my Bear hat, any way of getting it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I lost my Bear hat, any way of getting it back?

Had to go back for mine, just looked for the little black x's on the map :pac:

it *should stay on your horse if its a special hat, try go back to camp and change clothes and it should be in your items, from there you should put it as always on your horse so you can never lose it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Red Dead subreddit is great...

n2hrhu154kw11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

How long does this badboy take to install/ update before i can play it?

does it depend on how good my internet is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

gimli2112 wrote: »
    another 40 minutes searching for the horse that won't spawn +5 minutes to let the anger dissipate, honestly I should have given up days ago but I get obsessive

Want me to call round and catch one for you? 5 minute job, much like my love making :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

akelly02 wrote: »
    How long does this badboy take to install/ update before i can play it?

does it depend on how good my internet is?
    What platform? Took me the guts of 2 hours on the PlayStation to install it from the 2 discs. Not since I owned a Commodore 64 have I had to deal with that sorta shite, I was raging. I'd probably have been quicker downloading it.

Im on PS4

Its on 2 discs? thats the first game since metal gear solid back in the day thats 2 disc ( the feckin memories, i used to be afraid of my shiite playing that as a 10 yr old !!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

akelly02 wrote:
    Its on 2 discs? thats the first game since metal gear solid back in the day thats 2 disc ( the feckin memories, i used to be afraid of my shiite playing that as a 10 yr old !!)

You install a data disc then after it's installed you put in the game disc and install that. There are no disc swaps once its fully installed. Took around 85 minutes too.

ERG89 wrote: »
    You install a data disc then after it's installed you put in the game disc and install that. There are no disc swaps once its fully installed. Took around 85 minutes too.

Sound thanks , does the speed of your internet determine how quick it is ?

I don't honestly know, I don't think so. I don't know what it would want off the internet if you're installing from physical media, but these are consoles so who knows wtf is going on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

akelly02 wrote:
    Sound thanks , does the speed of your internet determine how quick it is ?

No, it's installing the disc not downloading the content, thank god. The update is not huge & will surely have downloaded by the time it's installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Man I love this game. Just after having a small party back at camp. Spent well over half an hour listening to stories, dancing and singing along at the camp fire and I loved absolutely every minute of it! 'Ohh the ring dang do, now what is that'

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Shiminay wrote: »
    What platform? Took me the guts of 2 hours on the PlayStation to install it from the 2 discs. Not since I owned a Commodore 64 have I had to deal with that sorta shite, I was raging. I'd probably have been quicker downloading it.

C64. Put tape in press play
    run
    (Epilitic fit inducing flashes of colour commences)
    Go outside play football.
    Come back in just in time for the best bit.
    Raster image coming in one line at a time and trying to guess the image before anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Unfortunately I bought digital so I'm stuck.

Like I said I tried my best to find something in it I enjoy but I'm finding it all just miserably dull. I do want to see what happens with the characters but the game part is definitely a chore for me

I'm still finding it very repetitive and boring. Also there doesn't seem to be any let up in the miserableness of the characters.

Kind of annoys me that Rockstar put so much effort into this and i can't get into it at all, when i love all the gta's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Concannon7 wrote: »
    Man I love this game. Just after having a small party back at camp. Spent well over half an hour listening to stories, dancing and singing along at the camp fire and I loved absolutely every minute of it! 'Ohh the ring dang do, now what is that'

Its good to listen to the camp talk because you get some item requests from the gang.

If you notice Uncle having a disagreement in camp with someone, just stand back and watch :D Just funny to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

wkwt7kedapw11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I was ambling around aimlessly and came across a cow farm. I jumped in and left the gate open to see what would happen, all the cows ran out into the wild. I don't know why that gave me such enjoyment.

I then followed one of them for a while so I got bored and decided to kill one with a shotgun.

This game is releasing some tendencies in me that I didn't know existed. Lovely steaks though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

My appearance is inspired by Daniel Plainview

465544.jpg

Also can't beat lighting in this game

465545.jpg

I'm starting to get very frustrated with the duels cause I have no idea what you're supposed to do after holding the right trigger - I keep getting killed before I can read the on-screen prompts.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I'm starting to get very frustrated with the duels cause I have no idea what you're supposed to do after holding the right trigger - I keep getting killed before I can read the on-screen prompts.

So you have to pull the R2 button slowly and then just before the other person is ready to shoot, you pull R2 fully. Then you are in dead eye so just line up the shots

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Yep, as tommythecat says

Just hold it down slowly and let it wind up all the way to make a circle
    Then depress the trigger fully and shoot
    You can
    aim for the hand in some cases to get honor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This video will show you the best way to go about it, as well as a good tip for where to aim depending on the opponent. (Minor side quest spoilers if you haven’t met any of the gunslingers yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

doylefe wrote: »
    Also can't beat lighting in this game

It's a pain in the hole when you're hunting for Egret's though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where do I get hair tonic? I want to be hairy

mutley18 wrote: »
    Where do I get hair tonic? I want to be hairy

General store , I'm only 2 levels away from a max level legendary beard now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Riding along I see a 3 Star Grizzly.I dismount and approach stealthy, I equip my trusty bow and take aim. The arrow lands, then he charges and another arrow lands, and another.

After getting mauled and at close quarters riddling him with revolver bullets I realise I'd small game arrows equipped, was shooting the ****er with nerf darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Varik wrote: »
    Riding along I see a 3 Star Grizzly.I dismount and approach stealthy, I equip my trusty bow and take aim. The arrow lands, then he charges and another arrow lands, and another.

After getting mauled and at close quarters riddling him with revolver bullets I realise I'd small game arrows equipped, was shooting the ****er with nerf darts.

Unless the arrows are improved or poisoned they won't kill or do damage anything massive.

Advertisement