Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Unless the arrows are improved or poisoned they won't kill or do damage anything massive.

I'm on chapter 3 and can't seem to buy the poisoned or improved arrows.is the only way to get them to craft them?

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm on chapter 3 and can't seem to buy the poisoned or improved arrows.is the only way to get them to craft them?

You need to find and read the pamphlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

rrdeoj16brw11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This game really wants the player to do a LOT of work to get certain items.

I'm trying to get myself a garment set from the trapper - which requires perfect animal items, and it took me all morning -[work]- then all evening to get only TWO PERFECT beaver pelts. That was needed to make a single item for the set.

I'm gonna be here a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally paid off my 250 bounty in Strawberry, said I'd head to the sheriff's and help catch a bounty. Picking up the poster, I bumped the sheriff off the bench so naturally he killed me while his deputy had a fit. ****ing strawberry.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1059969203791413248?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was lazily waiting for my horse to come to me after I got a perfect boar pelt. That galloping noise wasn't my horse...

Didn't think they were in Lemoyne.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw my first Grizzly in the swamp. The hunting is a real chore, I don't find it terribly engaging and it's mostly a frustrating experience in trying to find all the perfect animals. I have finally remembered to use the binoculars to get the relevant information.

Still, I got the legendary boar this evening and a perfect sheep for a shiny new waistcoat from the trapper. I think I'm going to try and get a horse and cart so I can carry a decent amount of stuff instead of just one carcass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

On Chapter 4 now.
    Poor Kieran and Sean getting killed the way they did. I was really starting to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

dulux99 wrote: »

You can buy the instructions at the fences. kill a few ducks should sort you for improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Anyone else dissapointed with this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nah, I love the slow pace and the environment. Feels like a Deadwood simulator. I'm into all the little details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just on chapter 3, the talk of gunslingers here made me remember the chat i had with the guy at the bar in valentine.

I hadnt checked any of letters really. Went through the whole satchel, including phamplets. Dont even remember picking them up but i had about 20 things waiting which unlocked more stuff to craft.

Check those letters, phamplets everything and even flip over.

Also did anyone come across the guy beside the legendary fisherman. Dont want to say to much but check it out if youve played the first game. Supposed to tie in well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I was disappointed with the way the story go's after chapter 4 but the game as a whole not so much just wish the story side of the game tied into the overall immersion of the game. There is two sides of the game that should work with each other not work against each other at every point. Take the story missions out of the game and all the side quest stuff is really well done. There are some side quests that should be main story missions. Characters in the main story should be side quests etc, just the way the story missions go take away from the overall experience. Other than the far fetched rinse and repeat storyline the game is a masterpiece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Theres no doubt it is well made and looks fantastic im just not getting lost in it, story isnt gripping at all. Maybe i expected too much i dont know but its all show and no go in my opinion.
    Thats twice now ive felt letdown by rockstar la.noire and now rdr2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Theres no doubt it is well made and looks fantastic im just not getting lost in it, story isnt gripping at all. Maybe i expected too much i dont know but its all show and no go in my opinion.
    Thats twice now ive felt letdown by rockstar la.noire and now rdr2.

Stick with it. Chapter 4 is where it gets really good.

Stick with it. Chapter 4 is where it gets really good.

Up to chapter 4 is fine, Chapter 5 is were it hits a wall. There is no reason for it to be in the game at that point it just seems like filler for the weak af storyline. The game should have started on Ch5 after being on the run from Blackwater. The story could have been executed a lot better! There are times when it has great cut scenes sure, but there is just too many holes left behind by the ever increasing non-plot twists being thrown at you changing hide-outs. It got old after the second change of hideout and its the same story over and over again. Too many encounters with Pinkerton's if there was just the one encounter then the story would hold more weight.

It does drag a bit alright. I do like the story though and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out with John. I can see tiny little things in him already so I'm not disappointed with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So, eh...
    aliens...
    WTF is that about?
    I was on the way to the trapper when I found an abandoned house, I enter and this odd gree light appears, I thought it was something to do with halloween. I look up to find the source, and there's a flying saucer hovering above the house. What did I just witness?
    Completed unexpected. Didn't see any mention of it on reddit or anywhere else for that matter.

I'll finish it alright because as I said the rest of the game is great. Kind of want to get 100% before multilayer is released, just hope online is not as disappointing.
    The way the story is going
    there will probably be a switch of character, John or Sadie

Switching to
    John
    makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You need to find and read the pamphlets.

Where are they? I probably have a load of documents I haven't read.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No it's very good at what it does but what it does is not for everyone and it has problems too. How it is holding steady at 97% for Xbox and PS on metacritic I'll never know.

Are these duels only in missions?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Where are they? I probably have a load of documents I haven't read.

Hold dpad right to open your satchel. They'll be in the tab near the end. If you read the first one you can press dpad left/right to read the rest. You just have to look at them so you can do the lot pretty quickly.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No it's very good at what it does but what it does is not for everyone and it has problems too. How it is holding steady at 97% for Xbox and PS on metacritic I'll never know.

Because they keep deleting the 0's and low scores! I would give it an honest 6.75/10

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »

It's a great game, with a really great story, excellent characters, and amazing world, and a lot to see and do.

But there are a lot of little things throughout that annoy/frustrate, that are largely unavoidable and persistent. As great as the game is and as happy as I was with it, God Of War is still my Game of the Year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Played a good 3 hours last night and I had disabled the auto save last week, well I forgot to save it before turning it off so thats 3 hours I'll never get back. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Riddle101 wrote: »
    On Chapter 4 now.
    Poor Kieran and Sean getting killed the way they did. I was really starting to like them.

Welp, that teaches me to uncover spoilers. I thought I was being the big man thinking "I'm on chapter 4 so I can uncover this".... Yeah, I'm ON Chapter 4, not finished it yet :o.... So
    one of those Characters dying (Kieran)
    hasn't happened for me yet. Oh well, TBH I was kind of expecting it.

I wish people mentioned what chapter and part spoilers are from so I can look at them if I've passed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Shiminay wrote: »
    I saw my first Grizzly in the swamp. The hunting is a real chore, I don't find it terribly engaging and it's mostly a frustrating experience in trying to find all the perfect animals. I have finally remembered to use the binoculars to get the relevant information.

Still, I got the legendary boar this evening and a perfect sheep for a shiny new waistcoat from the trapper. I think I'm going to try and get a horse and cart so I can carry a decent amount of stuff instead of just one carcass.

It’s driving me round the twist, I’ve managed 3 legendary animals, but each time I get the pelt on my horse I either crash and the horse dies or I get involved in a shootout and die so I haven’t actually managed to sell a single one of the 3 I collected!

Advertisement