Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

monkeynuz wrote: »
    It’s driving me round the twist, I’ve managed 3 legendary animals, but each time I get the pelt on my horse I either crash and the horse dies or I get involved in a shootout and die so I haven’t actually managed to sell a single one of the 3 I collected!

They should be still in your items I thought? - legendary ones should go into your inventory whether you get them to the trapper or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Played a good 3 hours last night and I had disabled the auto save last week, well I forgot to save it before turning it off so thats 3 hours I'll never get back. :o

I thanked in sympathy but why would you do this? I can go from the sitting room to the kitchen and by the time I get there forget why I've gotten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

They should be still in your items I thought? - legendary ones should go into your inventory whether you get them to the trapper or not..

Not that I have seen them, came off the horse and that was the end of them! I’ll check again but I don’t think I’ve got them, but they’re marked on the map as being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I thanked in sympathy but why would you do this? I can go from the sitting room to the kitchen and by the time I get there forget why I've gotten up.

Probably for the “gold bar” cheat.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Are these duels only in missions?

They only duel I encountered outside missions was one in Valentine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Probably for the “gold bar” cheat.

This ^^^

I tried the gold bar thing, never managed to get it working. So I saved my progress, went to London for the weekend, fired it up again last night and turned off the PS4 after completing Chapter 2 and then realised it wasn't saved. :rolleyes:

At least it wasnt really wasted time and I know whats coming up and have a better chance of getting gold in the mission ranking. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Because they keep deleting the 0's and low scores! I would give it an honest 6.75/10

Well, in fairness you're giving it an honest score of more than average so why wouldn't they delete the ones going against the grain, 'just because'. Like for example Joe.ie who are now apparently a leading authority on gaming reviews :pac:

It's not a 0 game or anywhere close to it, and the 0 reviews on any game tbh piss me off as they are clearly designed to reduce the overall percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking for the bounty North of Strawberry and came across a quiet little cabin. Left out an almighty JESUS CHRIIIST once I got inside, was not expecting that!

Also came across a KKK meeting which was hilarious. Must be finishing up chapter 3 soon but this is my GOTY. Solid 9/10.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Not that I have seen them, came off the horse and that was the end of them! I’ll check again but I don’t think I’ve got them, but they’re marked on the map as being done.

Ah you'll have them for sure, check your satchel -

I feckin love my bear hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I find that I end up playing for hours without actually getting anywhere. Start some hunting, but see a carriage to rob. Jebus, need to chase the witness, oh what is that smoke? Now, where is the horse? Need to get to the butcher to sell the animal I hunted. Theres a rabbit.

Where is that voice talking coming from, oh its a guy in need of help, hey there a three star animal, oh Jebus its a gang camp. Right, where is the horse? Right I need to eat and rest? Ah, the animals are going rotten, I need to hunt. Better revisit the camp. Oh, there is a carriage I can rob.......

Apparently there are missions to do as well!

Clearly I will be get bored of doing this and want to progress, but it is fun, and beautiful and engaging and each play session is different.

• Advertisement

I stumbled upon a railway line being built, foreman tells me he suspects one of the workers of stealing money, turns out it was
    one of the junior foremen
    so I follow him and naturally kill him find the money in a tree.

Now after handing back the money to the foreman, he takes a cut out of the money he was going to give me as he has to have a funeral for the dead guy.

So he gets shot and robbed and half the site turns against me as I flee into the distance, random things like that make it a great game.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

This ^^^

I tried the gold bar thing, never managed to get it working. So I saved my progress, went to London for the weekend, fired it up again last night and turned off the PS4 after completing Chapter 2 and then realised it wasn't saved. :rolleyes:

At least it wasnt really wasted time and I know whats coming up and have a better chance of getting gold in the mission ranking. :o

I'm convinced that's a completely broken part of the game. I don't think it counts the rest of objectives if you fail on one, on some missions. There is no way of telling what the objectives are until you complete a mission either, is there?? There's a trophy for all Gold I think. Really not looking forward to having to repeat the missions myself!

I stumbled upon a railway line being built, foreman tells me he suspects one of the workers of stealing money, turns out it was
    one of the junior foremen
    so I follow him and naturally kill him find the money in a tree.

Now after handing back the money to the foreman, he takes a cut out of the money he was going to give me as he has to have a funeral for the dead guy.

So he gets shot and robbed and half the site turns against me as I flee into the distance, random things like that make it a great game.

:o
    Should have ran him off you get the lot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I only just discovered that you can jog (rather than run) by holding X and pushing very gently forward on the analog stick. It was probably like this in GTA5 and I never knew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why is everyone complaining about not being able to capture the Arabian? Found it easy.

Just approach slowly, stopping sometimes and mashing the calm button...approach slowly then when near press mount and then fight the horses direction using the left stick.

Felt really bad taking the saddle off my other horse that brought me up the mountain and then abandoning him in the cold :-)

I was going up the mountain actually and some guy raced by me down it without saying a thing. Wonder where he was going.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They go to the trapper for crafting but you don't get to sell them for cash.

I know this because the legendary beaver sank to the bottom of a river while I was struggling to turn a canoe around and I couldn't skin him. :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They go to the trapper for crafting but you don't get to sell them for cash.

I know this because the legendary beaver sank to the bottom of a river while I was struggling to turn a canoe around and I couldn't skin him. :o

Ahhh now i see - could be worse I guess, money comes and goes :)

I 'found' a rake of gold bars earlier in the game, regret it now - so now my camp donations box is worth 10k, I have a load of customised guns and about $100 in my wallet, the way it should be :D

I'm convinced that's a completely broken part of the game. I don't think it counts the rest of objectives if you fail on one, on some missions. There is no way of telling what the objectives are until you complete a mission either, is there?? There's a trophy for all Gold I think. Really not looking forward to having to repeat the missions myself!

Ya, unless you have a guide.

Off the top of my head, I'd say I've only gotten 2, maybe 3 gold mission rankings so far.

A lot of them are time sensitive too and when there is things to loot and what not, theres no way I'm going to pass that up.

I've done pretty much no hunting or fishing too other than the first legendary bear, I've not even bothered with it but would like some upgraded satchels and clothes. :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Felt really bad taking the saddle off my other horse that brought me up the mountain and then abandoning him in the cold :-)

I just asked mine to follow me. Was able to transport the legendary Bison pelt and a perfect moose pelt that way, one on each horse. Old horse is safe in the stable now enjoying his retirement.

The legendary animals you can pick up are worth a little extra whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Why is everyone complaining about not being able to capture the Arabian? Found it easy.

Just approach slowly, stopping sometimes and mashing the calm button...approach slowly then when near press mount and then fight the horses direction using the left stick.

I was going up the mountain actually and some guy raced by me down it without saying a thing. Wonder where he was going.

Couldn’t your horse follow you down?

Ya, unless you have a guide.

Off the top of my head, I'd say I've only gotten 2, maybe 3 gold mission rankings so far.

A lot of them are time sensitive too and when there is things to loot and what not, theres no way I'm going to pass that up.

I've done pretty much no hunting or fishing too other than the first legendary bear, I've not even bothered with it but would like some upgraded satchels and clothes. :o

Can you go back and replay missions to try and get the medals? They'e by far the worst ting in the game imo. Absolutely despise features that force you to play a certain way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can you go back and replay missions to try and get the medals? They'e by far the worst ting in the game imo. Absolutely despise features that force you to play a certain way.

Yeah. In either the Progress or Story menu from the pause menu you can select missions to replay.

I think you can if you go into Progress > Story > Chapter.

I cant remember 100% but I think you can replay the missions alright. Theres no way you'd get gold in all of them without knowing the criteria to do so.

Has anyone found any of the treasure locations, I've 2 or 3 maps but no idea where they are. :o

Has anyone found any of the treasure locations, I've 2 or 3 maps but no idea where they are. :o

I had to use a guide. Don't know how anyone has the patience to do this with the actual map.

This is the one I followed

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-06-red-dead-redemption-2-jack-hall-gang-treasure-map-locations-4975

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For treasure maps I just followed Youtube videos. Some are just a pain, having to identify rock formations and shrubbery from a rough sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    For treasure maps I just followed Youtube videos. Some are just a pain, having to identify rock formations and shrubbery from a rough sketch.

Yeah there was one I knew exactly where it was but the sketch for the exact location of the gold was no help whatsoever. Even a guide I found online was barely any addition as you had to stand in a very particular spot to be able to get it.

• Advertisement

Ya, the maps are pretty vague. In RDR they werent as bad, I think a few were pretty easy but the 3 I've got are all difficult to pin down without knowing the landscape exceptionally well.

Advertisement