Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No remaster so, but it means PC players will finally get to play the original RDR on Playstation Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow, the graphics in that trailer looked amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lukker- wrote: »
    No remaster so, but it means PC players will finally get to play the original RDR on Playstation Now.

Too bad its not in Ireland :rolleyes:

Too bad its not in Ireland :rolleyes:

You can apparently bypass it pretty easily by setting up a UK PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Thats the one thing that I really don't like about Sony they seem to be way worse offenders than Microsoft when it comes to this exclusivity nonsense. Some PS timed exclusive content for Destiny won't even be on Xbox until Destiny 2 is out.

That's just a good business strategy on their part. They want to sell consoles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id love to find out how as id really use the service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/
    We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West.

Thats cool.

Give PS4 users a cool looking jacket in multiplayer. I'll take the native 4K on Xbox Scorpio as a consolation prize :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We shouldn't have too use a bypass/vpn, it should be over here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

That's just a good business strategy on their part. They want to sell consoles...
    It's good for business sure but all I want is to play games and not have a subpar experience just because one company gave another company a load of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's good for business sure but all I want is to play games and not have a subpar experience just because one company gave another company a load of money.
    Unfortunately, the video game industry isn't some form of idealistic utopia where no game compromises on artistic vision or content for monetary gain, and the studios and publishers release games purely for the love of it.
    The business element of the industry is just a fact of the matter, there's no point in pondering over it, just enjoy your experiences as you get them, "subpar" or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll take the native 4K on Xbox Scorpio as a consolation prize :P

If you think a console is going to be able to play this game at native 4K, then you sir are in for a very rude awakening :pac:

Rob2D wrote: »
    If you think a console is going to be able to play this game at native 4K, then you sir are in for a very rude awakening :pac:

Scorpio is meant to have a 6 TFlop GPU.

If a 4 year old R9 290 can run GTAV at 4k @ very high settings over 30 FPS consistently I see no reason why Scorpio couldn't run it at the very least 30 FPS 4k maybe with some things like shadows reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Nailz wrote: »
    The business element of the industry is just a fact of the matter, there's no point in pondering over it, just enjoy your experiences as you get them, "subpar" or otherwise.
    I'll vote with my wallet, if it's cosmetics or a delay of a month or two I wouldn't be too bothered, but anything more than that and I'll wait until it goes on sale. I loved RDR but I won't pay top dollar for something I believe to be anti-consumer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Graphics were stunning. Oh man, RDR on PS4, it's gonna be b-e-autiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rob2D wrote: »

I dunno, rockstar are a developer that really put in the effort to get the most out of available hardware. The visuals they managed to pull out of the ps3 and xbox 360 with GTA 5 is a perfect example of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird how the trailer reveal seems to have got lost in the mix of the Nintendo Switch news. I think for once Rockstar might have overplayed their hand. With a week long build up, revealing new artwork each day, I think a lot of people were expecting the trailer to be more substantial. Still that won't stop the game from selling millions and I'll definitely be getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Weird how the trailer reveal seems to have got lost in the mix of the Nintendo Switch news.

It really, really didn't though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Cormac... wrote: »
    It really, really didn't though

Screenshot of Google trends. Red is Nintendo Switch, Blue is RDR2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I suppose it depends on what circles you move in. I've not really seen any mention of Switch on the social media platforms and feeds I read. It has all been Red Dead all week long.

imo they didnt show enough, of course im interested in rdr2 but come on show us something more ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

imo they didnt show enough, of course im interested in rdr2 but come on show us something more ffs

]The first GTA V teaser showed nothing but different parts of the Game world either.. at least in this one there were glimpses of the a few characters and some dialogue..

Classic Rockstar Hypetrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Saipanne wrote: »
    Screenshot of Google trends. Red is Nintendo Switch, Blue is RDR2.

That doesn't show anything. Just that more people searched for the Switch than RDR. That doesn't mean RDR got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yeah it's nice knowing it's being made (even though it's been long rumoured) but there wasn't much to analyse about the trailer. Looks nice but we don't know the protagonist/s or story. I fear its Red Dead Online based.
    Now back to wanting them to make Bully 2 :p

Look at the debut trailers for GTA IV, GTA V and the original Read Dead Redemption.

They don't give plot details away, the debut trailers are merely teasers to build interest.

I personally got more than I expected, as I read peoples reaction's beforehand. The game is over a year away they can disseminate information as slowly as they please, as is their style.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah it's nice knowing it's being made (even though it's been long rumoured) but there wasn't much to analyse about the trailer. Looks nice but we don't know the protagonist/s or story. I fear its Red Dead Online based.
    Now back to wanting them to make Bully 2 :p

Definitely not going to be online I don't think. They have registered Read Dead Online which suggest that RDR2 and Read Dead Online are 2 separate entities.

They won't stray much from the formula of GTA V imo.

Look at the debut trailers for GTA IV, GTA V and the original Read Dead Redemption.

They don't give plot details away, the debut trailers are merely teasers to build interest.

I personally got more than I expected, as I read peoples reaction's beforehand. The game is over a year away they can disseminate information as slowly as they please, as is their style.

dont know, cant really remember the first gta V trailer but it got me much more excited than this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I think this was the first we saw of GTA V. Similar style trailer that doesn't show much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That ad was letting everyone know it was going to be available on PS4 and XBONE the actual first ad is the following footage, minus Michaels voice over.
    I can't find it right now.

Oh my god I was right on the internet do I get a prize?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And just to emphasise how little that trailer gave away, a lot of people were convinced that was Tommy Vercetti from GTA Vice City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Oh I remember that. Some of the conspiracy theories were very over the top.
    I could be remembering wrong but isn't Laslow the only person in GTA to cross to the new universe?

Advertisement