Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about not being able to capture the Arabian? Found it easy.

Just approach slowly, stopping sometimes and mashing the calm button...approach slowly then when near press mount and then fight the horses direction using the left stick.

Felt really bad taking the saddle off my other horse that brought me up the mountain and then abandoning him in the cold :-)

I was going up the mountain actually and some guy raced by me down it without saying a thing. Wonder where he was going.

Why didn't you just jump on the Arabian and keep whistling for your horse to follow you ? That's what I did and the three of us sauntered towards the stable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

It's been mentioned before but handy to know , short whistle is to call your horse and long whistle is to have the horse follow you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I just asked mine to follow me. Was able to transport the legendary Bison pelt and a perfect moose pelt that way, one on each horse. Old horse is safe in the stable now enjoying his retirement.

Good idea. I didn't want to keep my horse as he was only lv1 bonding and was slow as feck as my other long term horse got killed in the crossfire of a shootout with the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I don't mind the mission medal system at all, it just adds more replayability. And if you're not bothered about getting the golds, just don't play them again.

On the topic of replaying missions, does anyone know if you can replay the side/stranger missions? Maybe it gives the option after you finish the story? At the moment I can only see the option to replay story missions, and GTA V allowed you to replay all the stranger and freaks missions if I remember right.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    It's been mentioned before but handy to know , short whistle is to call your horse and long whistle is to have the horse follow you.

Nope, didn't know that :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was doing a mission last night and came across a packet of premium cigarettes. For once i was able to pick them up as my premium cigarette quota wasnt full....and got a cigarette card with them!!!
    Are there cards with every premium cigarette packet? cos i've turned down a good few with my satchel being full!

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Was doing a mission last night and came across a packet of premium cigarettes. For once i was able to pick them up as my premium cigarette quota wasnt full....and got a cigarette card with them!!!
    Are there cards with every premium cigarette packet? cos i've turned down a good few with my satchel being full!

The cards also can be found around the world on there own.
    I've collected a couple. Typically there is 12 in the collection for each.
    Not sure what the point of them is yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The cards also can be found around the world on there own.
    I've collected a couple. Typically there is 12 in the collection for each.
    Not sure what the point of them is yet though.

There is a stranger you meet that will give you money for complete sets of cards

There is a stranger you meet that will give you money for complete sets of cards

Yeah met him and found a few of the other sets scattered around , on tables etc.
    Just wondering does every premium cigarette packet have a card in it, cos ive been unable to pick them up quite a few times? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Just wondering does every premium cigarette packet have a card in it, cos ive been unable to pick them up quite a few times? :(

Feck, I'm the same.... going to have to up the habit by the look of it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

Yep every premium pack has one. So if I find a pack and already have 20 in my satchel, I either smoke or drop one to pick up the new pack for the card.

Sparko wrote: »
    Yep every premium pack has one. So if I find a pack and already have 20 in my satchel, I either smoke or drop one to pick up the new pack for the card.

Shiiiiiiiittteeee :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I just asked mine to follow me. Was able to transport the legendary Bison pelt and a perfect moose pelt that way, one on each horse. Old horse is safe in the stable now enjoying his retirement.

Can also just steal a horse and do it anytime easily.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sparko wrote: »

Whaaaaaat? :eek: Had no idea there was cards in the cigarette packs, just thought they were stupidly rare as I've found a few cards on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Whaaaaaat? :eek: Had no idea there was cards in the cigarette packs, just thought they were stupidly rare as I've found a few cards on their own.

tumblr_mhaz3b5l3V1qciqspo9_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Shiiiiiiiittteeee :p:rolleyes:

Same!!!! 😢

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

**** thing is I don't think you get the cards from packs you already have, I think it's only on pickup after meeting the card guy.

I smoked a load and didn't get any but when I picked up a new one you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only realised about the Premium packs of Cigs each holding a card when you open it last night. Always was full up on them so never picked them up, smoking like a chimney now just to collect the cards like the Stranger does :)

My Arabian horse is nice and fast but he just doesn't look the part. On a mission with John and Javier and it looks like I'm on a toy horse compared to theirs. Here's a pic comparing it to my War Horse, proper cowboy's horse.

45614081_2514809781870107_6084143314511069184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=aa07f1905a0eccc4251458408d196512&oe=5C8296AD

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In chapter 3, anyone have that chat with Tilly by the river where she asks you how you are really doing?
    Arthur said he was feeling crazy. He's been killing too many people, innocent people too.

Is that a dynamic thing based on your playstyle?

@ Marston What's your honor level?
    Cant remember exactly but sounds like high honor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

J. Marston wrote: »
    In chapter 3, anyone have that chat with Tilly by the river where she asks you how you are really doing?
    Arthur said he was feeling crazy. He's been killing too many people, innocent people too.

I reckon so, because on mine he said
    I've been killing lots of small animals just for fun too :o

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Varik wrote: »
    **** thing is I don't think you get the cards from packs you already have, I think it's only on pickup after meeting the card guy.

I smoked a load and didn't get any but when I picked up a new one you get it.

You get them in the Premium packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

@ Marston What's your honor level?
    Cant remember exactly but sounds like high honor.

Not too high, a bit into the white. If the bar is a percentage based thing, maybe 57-60%

Can you sell cigarettes to anyone, best to get rid of the ones I've got but bit of a waste to drop them all.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    You get them in the Premium packs.

I know, you still don't get a card after smoking ones you've already got. You get the card on pickup and only after you've met the card guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Yeah met him and found a few of the other sets scattered around , on tables etc.

Yep, I've been smoking like a chimney.

Not too high, a bit into the white. If the bar is a percentage based thing, maybe 57-60%

I giggled when Marston has confirmed his honor :pac:

But in all seriousness I'd say that's the specific reaction for having high honor

Some cut-scenes, missions and random events play our differently according to Reddit

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had that too (twice I think) and I have almost maxed my honour and don't kill randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I giggled when Marston has confirmed his honor :pac:

But in all seriousness I'd say that's the specific reaction for having high honor

Some cut-scenes, missions and random events play our differently according to Reddit

Yeah from what I know some comments are different based on honour, whether you greet or antagonise people at camp, and which missions you've done (eg. if you have two missions available to do and do Mission A, someone may reference Mission A while you're doing Mission B).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Varik wrote: »
    Can you sell cigarettes to anyone, best to get rid of the ones I've got but bit of a waste to drop them all.

I know, you still don't get a card after smoking ones you've already got. You get the card on pickup and only after you've met the card guy.

I thought i remember gettig a card everytime i smoke a pack from my inventory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kenjataimu wrote:

The game does such a bad job explaining small mechanics like this even with the snail pace of the first chapter; it just makes everything more confusing than it needs to be. I only discovered this stalking a deer for the camp as Dutch & Co. have spent ages pissing about at nothing. I kept walking and the horse just stayed following.

Advertisement