Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure but I think it depends on what the Stranger Missions are. Ones where you just have to collect things or go to certain people are likely fine until after the main story. But there are a few which tie in to the main story (but aren't integral enough to be part of the main story and won't affect anything if you miss them) will likely be gone.

My advice would be to just do them if you come across them in your path anyway, as they're more likely to be ones tied to the story and more likely to occur near places you'll be getting or finishing up main story missions. And check them on the Index on the map to see who the mission is from if possible.

The ones known as 'honour story missions' are highly missable and availability is dependent on you doing previous parts of the mission in some cases. Chapters 4 and 6 are the danger ones for missing stuff. Like reading the letter in your room in chapter 4. They are tied to an achievement called lending a hand, so you can check the guides for that

I don't think this has spoilers outside of the mission names https://www.trueachievements.com/a262339/lending-a-hand-achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Treasure maps. There’s an easy enough one that yields 2k in gold bars.

Where do you find the treasure maps?

Yep that's this one

@Mutley18 Followed this guide. Shared it earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

mutley18 wrote: »

Where do you find the treasure maps?
    Strangers you meet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Filter is there for online, lots of stuff that's not a swear or offensive is also blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads this has been asked already, but how do you check how long you have been playing?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Lads this has been asked already, but how do you check how long you have been playing?

On Xbox you can go to game club and then check progress

There are tabs for playtime, achievements ect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Met a guy on the way into town who'd wrecked his cart. Asked me to look after it while he got another horse. He was obviously drunk but I'm not judgemental so I agreed. Gone awhile so naturally, looted his stuff, at some point while playing with my new horse someone stole the wagon and I left before the guy came back.

Got to town and he's there all smiles. Lets me buy something in store. Got a $65 double action revolver for free but it seems to have swapped out my schofield which I can't now find.

Proof even inadvetant crime doesn't pay.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Met a guy on the way into town who'd wrecked his cart. Asked me to look after it while he got another horse. He was obviously drunk but I'm not judgemental so I agreed. Gone awhile so naturally, looted his stuff, at some point while playing with my new horse someone stole the wagon and I left before the guy came back.

Got to town and he's there all smiles. Lets me buy something in store. Got a $65 double action revolver for free but it seems to have swapped out my schofield which I can't now find.

All your guns should be on your horse, you can't lose them once you've picked them up/bought them as far as I'm aware.

Quality stories again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    All your guns should be on your horse, you can't lose them once you've picked them up/bought them as far as I'm aware.

Not true. There is a MASSIVE bug in the game that results in multiple guns being lost. Rockstar are aware but no mention of a fix yet. I know plenty of people that have lost 2-4 guns. These guns were even upgraded and they are now gone.

Some are retrievable by buying them again and paying for all of the upgrades again, others can be found in the location that you originally found them in and others are lost with no way to retrieve them.

Just google lost guns red dead 2 and you will have multiple posts on Reddit and other forms. Seems that AUTO save may be the cause. I manually save my game after each mission incase I get the bug in which case I will just reload and start again.

I have been lucky so far but it a ****ty bug.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I thought that but couldn't find it. Funnily enough the ones I thought I hadn't picked up from the gunslinger missions were there. Equipping stuff seems very glitchy. Yesterday I couldn't find the lantern. Generally this wouldn't be a problem but I was in a very dark cave being stalked by a leopard at the time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah that sucks then , but it is Gimli though, he probably just lost them on a game of poker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I have a theory that profanity has been banned in the game because of the time period. A poster on another forum told me that he tried to name his horse "Little B*tch" but couldn't because of the use of profanity. I did some reading on that time period and words like crap, sh*t, damn, and b*tch were considered to be very foul language. So I wonder if profanity isn't used in the game because it might have been outlawed during that time period. Now I might be completely wrong but if that is true, then Rockstar are geniuses for coming up with little details like that.

I tried to name my horse MaryJane and it wouldn't let me. There is profanity all over the place in the game. It is most likely Microsoft's filters invoking it. The group are outlaws! Couldn't see why they wouldn't use them if programmed to do so. Iv'e heard Arthur saying "****" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Finished Chapter 6 last night.

Christ,
    I hated Dutch from the start, but he turned out to be an absolute ballbag of the highest order, same with Micah. Every time he referred to Arthur as 'Black Lung' I took it personally and wanted to shoot the pr1ck.

Poor ould Arthur. I wish I'd done more with him now, hunted more, fished more, played some cards. When he got sick I felt obliged to start rushing through the game to make sure he got what he wanted. He turned out to be a decent feller in the end. Was also tough watching your horse fall at the end, Arthur seeing her through her last moments and whispering a thank you

Welling up? No, someone is chopping onions nearby.

Overall it's up there with most enjoyable and beautiful looking games I've played. I thought the music choice
    when you're back from Guarma and heading for camp
    and
    when Arthur is on his way to the final confrontation
    were excellent and haunting. I've been playing 'May I Stand Unshaken' in the car a good bit since :pac:

I've only two major complaints about the game. There are loads of other faults, but I can and have overlooked them:

1. you bump into someone, it's assault, investigation, wanted. Someone shoots at you and gets their ass handed to them, you're the bad guy for defending yourself. Bounties still active after you die.

2. The longer the game went on, the more spread out across the map you were and sometimes the rides were long as f*ck.

To the Epilogues!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I tried to name my horse MaryJane and it wouldn't let me. There is profanity all over the place in the game. It is most likely Microsoft's filters invoking it. The group are outlaws! Couldn't see why they wouldn't use them if programmed to do so. Iv'e heard Arthur saying "****" though.

I tried to name the Warhorse you get after an old warhorse player from our gaa club at home. It seems 'Paddy' is a profanity :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I have bounties on my head all over the place but I aint paying them, being ambushed keeps it interesting, I like how the music changes just before the bounty hunters arrive, gives time to prepare and then unleash hell with dead eye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I avoided any hassle by calling my horses Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

ZiabR wrote: »
    Not true. There is a MASSIVE bug in the game that results in multiple guns being lost. Rockstar are aware but no mention of a fix yet. I know plenty of people that have lost 2-4 guns. These guns were even upgraded and they are now gone.

Some are retrievable by buying them again and paying for all of the upgrades again, others can be found in the location that you originally found them in and others are lost with no way to retrieve them.

Just google lost guns red dead 2 and you will have multiple posts on Reddit and other forms. Seems that AUTO save may be the cause. I manually save my game after each mission incase I get the bug in which case I will just reload and start again.

I have been lucky so far but it a ****ty bug.

Turing off autosave doesn't automatically save progress who would have thought it! Haven't had any issues with that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46137186

You can resume maiming and killing, there are no longer ramifications. *

* applies to in-game world only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46137186

You can resume maiming and killing, there are no longer ramifications. *

* applies to in-game world only

These included the woman being:
    • fed to an alligator
    • dropped down a mineshaft
    • shot in the face and fed to pigs
    • tied up on a railway track and run over by a train
    • set on fire
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Yay, looks like my favourite game is being dragged into an internet outrage war :(

In other news, hair tonic is brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

There's definitely a chapter lock on the beard growth rate.

Once you're into chapter 5 the beard grows much quicker.

I spent ages stuck on level 7/10 in chapter 4 downing tonics but now in chapter 5 I have got a haircut and shave and have a beard at level 5 now already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

My game hit a glitch last night in my very last mission...took me about 10 restart the last checkpoint attempts to get it going....it wouldn’t proceed properly.
    Looked at clips on YouTube to make sure I wasn’t missing something...thankfully it kicked back in ....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've gotten stuck at a poker table twice now... where nothing happens. Can't play, can't exit the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got that once too.

Played the white hat and waited around without stealing anything, that was until I see the lad asleep under a tree 10m away. Robbed everything and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr.S wrote: »
    What happens if you surrender to the law when wanted / bounty on your head? Do you just get thrown in jail and fined or do you lose everything?

My main problem is crashing into characters when galloping around the place :D

I've decided to just run around Denis with my horse following me, not that slow at all and less stressful.
    When I did bump into someone on the horse, I didn't even get an option to surrender. The cops kept shouting at me to do so but I didn't have an option so they opened fire. The bounty system needs 3 big changes. 1: tune the AI to not be such bitches and go running to the cops when someone sneezes on then. 2: have a clear option to surrender 3: be able to pay on the spot fines.

It kills the immersion when my badass cowboy is trying to be a goody two shoes because it's such a hassle causing commotion, having a town shutdown and legging it to a post office to restore order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Grrr
    wish videos of you controlling another character was warned with major spoilers
    ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone go up the coast along the east of the map, south of Van Horn?

It's only a small thing but
    there is a little call back, or call ahead, to Bonnie from the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I've been playing a good few stranger misions/quests over the last few days. You sure do meet some interesting folk in some of them.

Advertisement