Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm only a few missions into Chapter 3 and last night on a whim I decided to make my way down to St Denis - didn't go the whole way in but just hopped off my horse, took out my pump action shotgun and went berserk - must have shot about 10-12 policemen, my bounty went up to €450 which is quite a lot I'd imagine....made my way out of the city, hid in some ruins just outside the red zone and let things cool down.

:pac::pac::pac:

I'll have to pay off the bounty now before the story arrives in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm only a few missions into Chapter 3 and last night on a whim I decided to make my way down to St Denis - didn't go the whole way in but just hopped off my horse, took out my pump action shotgun and went berserk - must have shot about 10-12 policemen, my bounty went up to €450 which is quite a lot I'd imagine....made my way out of the city, hid in some ruins just outside the red zone and let things cool down.

:pac::pac::pac:

I'll have to pay off the bounty now before the story arrives in that area

You'll be 'splashingthecash' then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Finished finished finished.....what a game. Prologue went on a bit longer than expected and a few missions got me well worked up. As I said before one of the few games I have bothered to finish. A solid 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How do people have good honour?

Sure there's too much fun to be had in killing people and looting them?

I actually found that I can intentionally run into people and knock them over and they'll start fighting with me then. Then I can knock them out without a bounty or law.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's easy to have good honour (walk about saying hello to every random NPC and it goes up) and it rewards you with significant discounts at all the shops. I was able to buy a $700 race horse for less than $400 last night. Throwing back fish also seems to give you honour too.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    How do people have good honour?

Sure there's too much fun to be had in killing people and looting them?

I take great pride in being honourable by helping people. I'm not interesting in killing people unless I have to. If someone draws a weapon on me first, I'll deal with them harshly. Thankfully it happens on very few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Nalz wrote: »
    I've gotten stuck at a poker table twice now... where nothing happens. Can't play, can't exit the table.

Got stuck at the gunshop counter the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Got stuck at the gunshop counter the other day

Yeah I got stuck after the duel with the gunslinger up the mountains in the gunslinger photograph mission. I shot him in the leg and then everything just froze. Buttons wouldn’t work so had to reboot and do it all again

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There's another one when your in crafting. If you brew coffee and put the cup away then drink another cup it won't give any options to get out of crafting. You have to reload the save. Think it autosaves before and after crafting though.

For those who have finished it , what did you think about the end credits ?
    One part kind of jumped out at me
    lam men looking over at the farm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just as a tip.
    The gunshop owner in Rhodes is shady. I discovered today, that he has his son tied up in the basement so I went in and stuck him up, and forced him to go down to the basement. I messed up though, I accidentally shot the son when trying to free him and then had to kill the gunshop owner too. I got a new rifle out of it though and I looted the shop but I have another bounty on my head.

The gunshop owner in Saint Denis is also running a gambling operation that you can rob. I had better success with this one.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just as a tip.
    The gunshop owner in Rhodes is shady. I discovered today, that he has his son tied up in the basement so I went in and stuck him up, and forced him to go down to the basement. I messed up though, I accidentally shot the son when trying to free him and then had to kill the gunshop owner too. I got a new rifle out of it though and I looted the shop but I have another bounty on my head.

The gunshop owner in Saint Dennis is also running and gambling operation that you can rob. I had better success with this one.

You should be spoilering that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sorry if its already been talked about, this is a long thread

Anyone else used the Gold Bar glitch? $30,000 in your pockets aint a bad way to live :D

Created two save points though, haven't decided yet whether to play out the rest of the game as normal or with the big cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

How many Chapters and Missions are there? I dont want it to end.

Sorry if its already been talked about, this is a long thread

Anyone else used the Gold Bar glitch? $30,000 in your pockets aint a bad way to live :D

Created two save points though, haven't decided yet whether to play out the rest of the game as normal or with the big cash.

You don't need to use the glitch everything is cheap as chips in the game. The 2 Treasure hunting rewards are enough to see you through to the big payout missions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How many Chapters and Missions are there? I dont want it to end.

6 chapters and a 2 part epilogue. 107 story missions in total. That includes optional story missions but excludes side quests like the stranger missions.

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1060978542283051008

So that happened. I was in sneak at the bottom of the ocean, I reckon I would have made land if I had've kept walking. Died when I started to swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Re-watching "The Hateful Eight". Damn snow mission.

Just found an odd Tesla coil electric power thingy up near doverhill ... it’s marked by a circle on the map ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

harr wrote: »
    Just found an odd Tesla coil electric power thingy up near doverhill ... it’s marked by a circle on the map ...

Its a side quest later on.

• Advertisement

UL5ZDW7.jpg?1

^ Picture I took at Clemens Point looking out west.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Snip of a cutscene for a side quest on chapter 3, no spoilers at all unless you want to experience every cutscene first hand. Anyway, I'm loving Arthur but this little clip elevated him to being my vote on the Boards Game Awards for character of the year. The slap/broom removal combo is a thing of beauty.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1061068478520659968?s=19

You don't need to use the glitch everything is cheap as chips in the game. The 2 Treasure hunting rewards are enough to see you through to the big payout missions.

Where do you find the maps?

I have only chicks treasure map which I've claimed already..

I'm into chapter 6 and I haven't even been to the west part of the map yet...still blurred out for me.

Where do you find the maps?

I have only chicks treasure map which I've claimed already..

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/guide_red_dead_redemption_2_high_stakes_treasure_map_locations

Shows the locations of the spots.
    I'm into chapter 6 and I haven't even been to the west part of the map yet...still blurred out for me.

Same tried to
    sneak into that part to get a cougar pelt. Think it opens after ch6. It was fun being chased out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Spent about half an hour tryin to catch my first legendary fish... the legendary gar, from a small boat in the swamp. Line kept breaking and my hands were killin me from reeling it in so I threw about 4 sticks of dynamite into the water where it last escaped. didnt look like anything had happened but as I swam ashore I found the fish dead and washed up on the shore. heheheh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So after the initial hype dust has settled, has the hype been justified? Is it still incredible?

I held off picking it up because I'm not interested in playing it on my jet engine base PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finished the story last night. Best game of this generation for me. Looking forward to replaying it and doing all the stuff I missed.

New Austin is a bit disappointing. I guess it's mostly there for online, but hopefully they flesh it out for single player via patches as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got stuck so am about a week behind from where I should be but I still find the story quite engaging, not rushing through it just enjoying the world. Gameplay is lacking a bit, combat is quite poor, some of the activities feel tacked on , hunting, crafting. You can ignore a lot of stuff though and still have lots to do.It's both frustrating and rewarding. Can be slow which is neither a good or bad thing.
    Certainly worth experiencing imo but it's not for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So after the initial hype dust has settled, has the hype been justified? Is it still incredible?

I held off picking it up because I'm not interested in playing it on my jet engine base PS4.

It is good. Some folk at the beginning seemed to get caught up in conparing it to GTA 5 which it is nothing like. It stands out on its own. Im taking my time playing it. Im discovering the map by just wandering around and i find it great fun. I do the missions sporadically so for me iv mostly done side missions which has kept my interest. I was playing it one evening just riding around do random stuff anf side missions when i noticed i had played about 3 hrs of it...? Thats the type of game it is, its immersive you'd almost get lost in it.

Advertisement