Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,266 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Snip of a cutscene for a side quest on chapter 3, no spoilers at all unless you want to experience every cutscene first hand. Anyway, I'm loving Arthur but this little clip elevated him to being my vote on the Boards Game Awards for character of the year. The slap/broom removal combo is a thing of beauty.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1061068478520659968?s=19

What side quest was that? If it was chapter 3 I missed it :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What side quest was that? If it was chapter 3 I missed it :-/

It’s from chapter 4 involving Mary. There's a letter for you at the camp. I assume you have to have done the earlier chapter 2 mission to get it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,266 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It’s from chapter 4 involving Mary. There's a letter for you at the camp. I assume you have to have done the earlier chapter 2 mission to get it.

Ah nice one, in that case I should still be good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

alta stare wrote: »
    It is good. Some folk at the beginning seemed to get caught up in conparing it to GTA 5 which it is nothing like. It stands out on its own. Im taking my time playing it. Im discovering the map by just wandering around and i find it great fun. I do the missions sporadically so for me iv mostly done side missions which has kept my interest. I was playing it one evening just riding around do random stuff anf side missions when i noticed i had played about 3 hrs of it...? Thats the type of game it is, its immersive you'd almost get lost in it.

Speaking of GTA5, all of this Rockstar immersion has convinced me to finally buy it for PS4. Had it and finished it for PS3.

But first, to uncover all of the map now I've finished the game. Enjoying the little bit of nostalgia going back to
    McFarlanes Ranch and Armadillo
    at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm never gonna all the pelts to get legend of the east satchel, so tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so people can steal you're horse, even the one you spent a week trying to catch, I'm done being good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so people can steal you're horse, even the one you spent a week trying to catch, I'm done being good

I haven't had a chance to try it but if someone steals your horse, just whistle for it and it should buck the thief off.

Or you're going to be standing alone whistling while your horse goes over the horizon. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enter DeadEye - Shotgun blast to back of said thief's head - no more thief :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Something i always wondered: is it really necessary to tie up your horse in towns and cities? Can it be robbed while you are away?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Something i always wondered: is it really necessary to tie up your horse in towns and cities? Can it be robbed while you are away?
    It can wonder slightly but never really far. I never hitch and haven't had anyone steal it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the dude who stole my horse I met out in the wild, his horse was dead so I agreed to give him a lift. He knocks me off the horse and rides away. Tried deadeye but it wouldn't activate, tried chasing but he's on a horse.

A mile up the road he dumped the saddle. Not sure if the horse was gone gone. Didn't take the chance. CTRL-ALT-DEL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Necro wrote: »
    Enter DeadEye - Shotgun blast to back of said thief's head - no more thief :)
    the dude who stole my horse I met out in the wild, his horse was dead so I agreed to give him a lift. He knocks me off the horse and rides away. Tried deadeye but it wouldn't activate, tried chasing but he's on a horse.

A mile up the road he dumped the saddle. Not sure if the horse was gone gone. Didn't take the chance. CTRL-ALT-DEL

When the horse is stolen, just whistle as the thief rides away and the horse will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The more deeper into the game I get the more stuck in I get lol it’s getting so addictive it’s great cause I’ve had the opposite effect with this game usually a new game releases you love the game then grow abit bored

But I didn’t like it much in the opening chapters and then I grew to love it more and more as I went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

biggebruv wrote: »
    The more deeper into the game I get the more stuck in I get lol it’s getting so addictive it’s great cause I’ve had the opposite effect with this game usually a new game releases you love the game then grow abit bored

But I didn’t like it much in the opening chapters and then I grew to love it more and more as I went on.

Id be the exact same and it is the main reason i am not doing the main missions right away. There are loads to side missions to keep me entertained for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I don’t hitch because twice now when I did hitch and I needed a quick getaway the horse was still hitched to the post.
    It’s not always the case ,I have hitched her and called and she came no problem so I didn’t know if it’s in only certain missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So after the initial hype dust has settled, has the hype been justified? Is it still incredible?

I held off picking it up because I'm not interested in playing it on my jet engine base PS4.

I have the base ps4 and it runs the same as when you just turn it on :)

I think it's an incredible game. I can't think of a game I have played so much and after two weeks you're still findings things that amaze me.

Does anyone remember comments about a pervert store owner? general store of gun store? What do I do there?

And same for a tip about a robbery place i got from a criminal...where is that and which store?

I killed the legendary white bison but I got killed on the way back. In the trapper I'm unable to buy the hat which requires only the legendary white bison pelt...any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

If you're horse bonding level is not maxed you get the largest amount of xp points (50) hitching it.

Only had it run off once when the bonding was low. Think it was more a bug than it actually running off.

I trimmed my beard in real life today and now I feel compelled to give Arthur a trim to. He's currently at maximum beardage aka level 10 hobo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Does anyone remember comments about a pervert store owner? general store of gun store? What do I do there?

And same for a tip about a robbery place i got from a criminal...where is that and which store?
    I mentioned in in an earlier post. The pervert is a gun store wonder, the one in Rhodes. At the side of the gun store there is a small basement window that is barred up. There should be a person there who asks for your help. Just go into the gun shop and stick up the guns store owner like you would do in a normal robbery. Then demand that he open the basement door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I mentioned in in an earlier post. The pervert is a gun store wonder, the one in Rhodes. At the side of the gun store there is a small basement window that is barred up. There should be a person there who asks for your help. Just go into the gun shop and stick up the guns store owner like you would do in a normal robbery. Then demand that he open the basement door.
    The owner stays downstairs after you go down with him, so you can freely rob the store when you go back up. Same for a lot of similar robberies where the owner leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Seen i missed a couple of missions for an earlier chaper, :( going to push through finish the story before it is spoilt anymore and then start over going slowly and doing everything

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wanted a break from st Denis, took the train to valentine to finish up the gunslinger quest. Get there till be told I have to go to st Denis :pac:

Once I was back in V, I finally took enfilades advice to look for the head beside the mutilated corpse. I had missed it first time because I kept looking on the ground :). Ooohhh mystery killer hunt. Gonna Google where the next location is. I don't have the time to be making out then scribbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If you get the missing Sadie/John/Abigail bug in chapter 3, do you miss out on much? I read that they all come back in chapter 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My pump action shotgun is missing from my horse. Anyone had missing weapons and know where to find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda weird there's not been a patch yet.

Few issues popping up and it's been a while.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wanted a break from st Denis, took the train to valentine to finish up the gunslinger quest. Get there till be told I have to go to st Denis :pac:

Once I was back in V, I finally took enfilades advice to look for the head beside the mutilated corpse. I had missed it first time because I kept looking on the ground :). Ooohhh mystery killer hunt. Gonna Google where the next location is. I don't have the time to be making out then scribbles.

It's a good one and by now you should have fast travels for the locations or reasonably close and take
    them alive

Today I met a Vampire and a Wolfman(twice)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I am only at 23% or something into the game, one of the best games I have ever played, I like how as a 1 player game you could play it for months, i am constantly getting distracted while playing!
    I love how everything just goes horribly wrong sometimes
    I had read it's difficult to rob the doctors back room in Valentine without a bounty, I had looked in the window and saw 1 guy so I held up the doctor then armed myself with a knife thinking i could get the 1 guy silently and walked in to see 5 people so I started stabbing, it was a bloodbath! then they started shooting so police were running into the room while I was trying to murder everyone inside, I couldn't open the wall safe so escaped with $20 or something:) only barely alive and with a big bounty, it was hilarious!

I still don't see the point in hunting? Is it only for crafting, the most expensive thing I have sold was a fish for $5! So it's no way to make money,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I take great pride in being honourable by helping people. I'm not interesting in killing people unless I have to. If someone draws a weapon on me first, I'll deal with them harshly. Thankfully it happens on very few occasions.

Good man. I'm on your camp.

Advertisement