Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh I remember that. Some of the conspiracy theories were very over the top.
    I could be remembering wrong but isn't Laslow the only person in GTA to cross to the new universe?

Him and Love Fist. I think they were mentioned on the radio in GTAIV and one of them appears in a side mission in GTAV.

But yeah, the first RDR2 trailer definitely matches the first GTAV trailer in that it's more about teasing what the game will look like and the tone of the game as opposed to any story/character/gameplay hints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Penn wrote: »
    Him and Love Fist. I think they were mentioned on the radio in GTAIV and one of them appears in a side mission in GTAV.

But yeah, the first RDR2 trailer definitely matches the first GTAV trailer in that it's more about teasing what the game will look like and the tone of the game as opposed to any story/character/gameplay hints.
    Yeah I think Rockstar said somewhere that the only constant is the radio but Laslow is the only one we actually meet.
    Though I think Trevor can get a Love Fist t-shirt.

Pretty standard fair ad wise though, get everyone salivating and hyped then leave us stew for a few months.
    We might get a glimpse of something interesting next time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont understand people whining about short tralilers and such... We are get a new fúcking Red Dead!

Im delighted. Next Gen Red Dead. They can take exactly as long as they need. This is gonna be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont understand people whining about short tralilers and such... We ate get a new fúcking Red Dead!

Im delighted. Next gen Red Dead. They can take exactly as long as they need. This is gonna be epic.

Same, and I also like the trailers. I don't want all the info right away.

I like to be teased ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Lots of sources are now quoting a September 26th release date for this, hope they are correct. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Redo91

mutley18 wrote: »
    Lots of sources are now quoting a September 26th release date for this, hope they are correct. :-)

That seems very soon considering how little we've heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Redo91 wrote: »
    That seems very soon considering how little we've heard about it.

Worked for Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda

dRvKpiuTVWNsPACYXsNq.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Then again this is Rockstar, they love delaying releases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Putting the cluster f**k that was GTA Online Heists to one side, what have they been working on since GTA5 released? They are a big studio and it will have been 4 years after E3. I would expect them to release it this year tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Battleflag wrote: »
    Then again this is Rockstar, they love delaying releases

Small price to pay for the quality that they release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Putting the cluster f**k that was GTA Online Heists to one side, what have they been working on since GTA5 released? They are a big studio and it will have been 4 years after E3. I would expect them to release it this year tbh.

GTA Online. It makes them a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sure they are still busy working on the PS3 exclusive Agent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't think this will come out this year. Just a guess mind, no evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

GTA Online. It makes them a fortune.

If there is more than a skeleton team working on that I'd be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

mutley18 wrote: »
    September 26th

I think September is way too soon considering we've seen so little about the game. That's under seven months.

GTA V was first announced in late October '11, and it wasn't released until September '13. That's just shy of two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If there is more than a skeleton team working on that I'd be surprised

But why would they cannibalise it? They're a commercial entity designed to make profit, not entertain us. They'll bleed GTA all they can and then launch Red Dead when they think it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's not really fair to say they're bleeding GTA or that it isn't entertaining. There's plenty of 'flavour of the month' online games out there which lose 98% of their player base within two months. Rockstar provide lots and lots of quality free content which is clearly entertaining millions of people hence the high user numbers and retail price of the base game several years down the line.

Absolutely they do it to make money but that's why most people do most things. Gamers are fickle and if Rockstar don't keep producing then people will walk away to any of the other games out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

October 3rd according to

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date

Been a few leaks recently(COD,Destiny) so maybe this is the bull**** one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Redo91

dreamers75 wrote: »
    October 3rd according to

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date

Been a few leaks recently(COD,Destiny) so maybe this is the bull**** one
    Am I just imagining things but is COD supposed to be going back to its World War roots? Sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I just imagining things but is COD supposed to be going back to its World War roots? Sorry for going off topic.

There is ment to be leaked promo images of a COD:WWII steelbook floating around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some nice info here. Looks like Sony could be showing off RDR2 at E3 in June. September release date is very optimistic though.

This pic doing the rounds today, not sure if legit or not, could be in game from 1st person view. If 1st person is in, I think it would work much better than it did in GTA V which was, a bit too fast paced for it IMO.

Can't wait to hear more about Read Dead Online.

rdr2-fact-or-faked.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Seen that earlier but I wasn't sure if it was from Redemption 2 so never bothered posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This pic doing the rounds today, not sure if legit or not, could be in game from 1st person view. If 1st person is in, I think it would work much better than it did in GTA V which was, a bit too fast paced for it IMO.

Can't wait to hear more about Read Dead Online.

rdr2-fact-or-faked.jpg

That looks like a young John Marsden

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If the rumours of Far Cry 5 having a wild west setting are true I imagine Ubisoft are praying RDR2 gets delayed or they will be cannibalised by this.

ERG89 wrote: »
    If the rumours of Far Cry 5 having a wild west setting are true I imagine Ubisoft are praying RDR2 gets delayed or they will be cannibalised by this.

This pic could even be that Far Cry game. Actually sounds like a great idea for FC but if it releases the same year as RDR, then it will be a waste. Unless Ubi are hoping everyone cates the Wild West bug again from RDR and jumps on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

This pic could even be that Far Cry game. Actually sounds like a great idea for FC but if it releases the same year as RDR, then it will be a waste. Unless Ubi are hoping everyone cates the Wild West bug again from RDR and jumps on it.

I would hold more stead in the Oregon/Survivalist Militia setting for FC5..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had a read of the thread on GTA Forums where it was posted, christ they love to dissect everything.

General consensus seemed to be there's far too much effort gone into it to be a fake, and comparing to the trailer there's a lot of similarity in assets/animation.

Looks great to me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't wait to climb 25 bell towers to unfog the whole map. :pac: Actually curious to see what other Ubisoft tropes they can fit into a Wild West game though.

I think there could be something to your last sentence. It's a popular type of game that hasn't been beaten to death like most others, best thing for Ubi to do is push the release date back to late 2018 and see what Rockstar come up with in the meantime. Any little features they don't put into RDR2 is an opportunity for Ubisoft to put into their own game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't wait to climb 25 bell towers to unfog the whole map. :pac: Actually curious to see what other Ubisoft tropes they can fit into a Wild West game though.

The Bell Towers will help spread Christianity and force Indians off their land, giving cartographers the chance to actually do their job…

Advertisement