Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

cursai wrote: »
    Do they not get transported to the fence anyway.

Normal pelts, No. Sometimes if you're lucky when you die you will still have the pelts on the horse. Not sure if that is a bug or not, Had a panter pelt on my horse and died on a mission it was not showing as being on my horse but was able to donate for crafting. Happened a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Concannon7 wrote: »
    Where abouts on the map did you come across that?

To the very west of Strawberry, past the lake and around the mountainside near the edges of the map. There is 4 candles around it so it might be easier to find at night when they'd stand out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This game might of ruined every other game on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

On Chapter 6 now.
    Is it me or is it raining more now that Arthur is sick? The wet weather is bad for his health and I haven't see it rain as much the rest of the game. When playing it today there was a thunder storm which I hadn't seen before.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    On Chapter 6 now.
    Is it me or is it raining more now that Arthur is sick? The wet weather is bad for his health and I haven't see it rain as much the rest of the game. When playing it today there was a thunder storm which I hadn't seen before.

I was asking myself if there was thunder actually in the game earlier in chapters then 2 seconds later started to thunder near the swamps. I think it depends on what biome you are in, in chapter 6 you are in the mountains/north west which gets rain and thunder a lot! Definitely one of those small details that makes the game a masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

AFQ0TnD.jpg?2

Anyone who pre ordered able to get Le Tresor Des Morts Treasure Map. The guide says only available if you pre-ordered the digital edition or own the Special/Ultimate editions. Technically I pre-ordered the digital edition redeemed code before launch but not able to find the treasure map. Anyone else pre order digital and able to get that treasure? or not able!
    Seems there is nice loot where the sheriff used to be on that location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Normal pelts, No. Sometimes if you're lucky when you die you will still have the pelts on the horse. Not sure if that is a bug or not, Had a panter pelt on my horse and died on a mission it was not showing as being on my horse but was able to donate for crafting. Happened a couple of times.

Where are the panthers anyway? Not sure if I've come across one yet.

I've been hunting orchids for he side mission and noticed some symbols painted on some trees in the area north of Saint Denis. Is there any significance to them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Riddle101 wrote: »
    On Chapter 6 now.

Thunder is common enough around the area of the map you end up in chapter 6, I was exploring/hunting up there during chapter 3 and 4 and it was raining/thundering a lot.

There's also a stranger quest
    that happens up around that area that involves a thunder storm, could be missable if you didn't do an earlier quest though

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thunder is common enough around the area of the map you end up in chapter 6, I was exploring/hunting up there during chapter 3 and 4 and it was raining/thundering a lot.

There's also a stranger quest
    that happens up around that area that involves a thunder storm, could be missable if you didn't do an earlier quest though

Be sure to go back there a few days later after the quest, it doesn't prompt you to on the map.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Where are the panthers anyway? Not sure if I've come across one yet.

You can find them down the Bayou near the Lagras word. Best spot is down beside the braitwaithe manor. Just place predator bait down where I mark in red you will get one pretty quick.

466070.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I hope they drop weapon degradation from online. It’s the worst part of the game by a distance for me. At least cut the animation, painfully slow process.
    It’s Rockstar though so they won’t, and gun oil will be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

J. Marston wrote: »
    To the very west of Strawberry, past the lake and around the mountainside near the edges of the map. There is 4 candles around it so it might be easier to find at night when they'd stand out more.

​Is that near the
    Legendary Buck
    location? Found something similar when there last night but nothing was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I hope they drop weapon degradation from online. It’s the worst part of the game by a distance for me. At least cut the animation, painfully slow process.
    It’s Rockstar though so they won’t, and gun oil will be expensive.

Clean the guns in the gun store cheaper and faster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Just out for a stroll in saint denis and
    randomly bumped into tilly,married and settled down she is going to write Abigail a letter and fill her in what she has been up to since leaving the group. The fine details in this game are mad. I am sure that letter will contain a side mission of some description

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Bah Im still in chapter 3, need to stop clicking the spoilers :pac:

I was wandering around the heartlands last night and from ages away I could see a prominent looking tree on a hill, went for a closer look and found the tree to have bottles hanging from ropes out of it and a load of discarded bottles around the place. activated eagle-eye and saw some yellow bubbles rising from one of the bottles -

Shot the bottle -
    and out falls a gold nugget :)

Pain in the arse though. Wish you could sell guns to the gun smith would gladly depart with all those useless revolvers that never get used. If there was a service all that would be sweet. That and crafting cook all option please!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got scammed by some random a while ago. He was shooting bottles off a hill and challenged me. So we had a shooting contest for a dollar which I barely lost. He then offered to go double or nothing but the second challenge was much tougher and he was a lot better. So now I'm $3 down and furious. When he demanded payment I shot him and stole his horse.
    Don't scam a murderer in the middle of nowhere.

Game was fantastic, a battle between this, God Of War & Octopath for GOTY

Some grips after reflection on my time spent with the game and again only on deep reflection:

Money becomes pointless in this about 1/2 way in in my opinion and was the biggest disappointment.
    There is nothing to spend it on once you reach a certain point and yet the game is fixated about getting it in the first place which is a shame
    Looting, looking for treasure ect becomes pointless as ultimately I have more than enough money and nothing to spend it on so the requirement to gain more is fruitless.

I also found the whole equipment upgrade grindy as hell, I don't think I upgraded anything throughout my play-through beyond the stuff you could buy in the store.

The trinkets usage was a much more rewarding system, hunting legendary animals and actually providing you with game-play boosts.

Some other issues included the tapping a for running and using the a button with the horse is such a tiresome / archaic mechanic after spending so many hours with the game. The A button at this stage on the controller is in bits. Why not simply implement a controlled pace system or some form of holding the horse at a certain pace.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got scammed by some random a while ago. He was shooting bottles off a hill and challenged me. So we had a shooting contest for a dollar which I barely lost. He then offered to go double or nothing but the second challenge was much tougher and he was a lot better. So now I'm $3 down and furious. When he demanded payment I shot him and stole his horse.
    Don't scam a murderer in the middle of nowhere.

Killed that fker the first time and looted for my 10er back. Didn't get it.

Thanks to the poster who warned about the scam in Saint Denis where you are lured down an alley and robbed came across that ****er earlier and he got a good smack for himself for even trying.
    He would have got a nice payout because I currently have $30,000 on me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Some other issues included the tapping a for running and using the a button with the horse is such a tiresome / archaic mechanic after spending so many hours with the game. The A button at this stage on the controller is in bits. Why not simply implement a controlled pace system or some form of holding the horse at a certain pace.

Doesn't holding X/A do that? When riding I tapped to get up to speed, then held it. Although you do minimise stamina drain by tapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

harr wrote: »
    Thanks to the poster who warned about the scam in Saint Denis where you are lured down an alley and robbed came across that ****er earlier and he got a good smack for himself for even trying.
    He would have got a nice payout because I currently have $30,000 on me.

How you get 30K?

I have about 3 from bank mission.
    BTW, anyone know how to actually rob a bank outside of the main mission

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Doesn't holding X/A do that? When riding I tapped to get up to speed, then held it. Although you do minimise stamina drain by tapping.

It does, you can also change the buttons in the settings to go from tap to press once.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

It does, you can also change the buttons in the settings to go from tap to press once.

must have a look at this later as most of the time I want to go full speed :pac:

I do, even that’s a pain in the hole and there’s not always a gun store around when you need one.

I was mistakenly giving out f*ck about gun degradation during a mission. Waves of lads coming at me and they weren’t dropping. Spent way too long killing them off and then realised I was using the varmint rifle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I was mistakenly giving out f*ck about gun degradation during a mission. Waves of lads coming at me and they weren’t dropping. Spent way too long killing them off and then realised I was using the varmint rifle :pac:

At least you didnt use the shotgun for hunting birds. Pelts are not good after that.

On a sidenote, i am finding I draw my gun a lot when I mean to answer someone with a lock on option. Not good.

• Advertisement

How you get 30K?

I have about 3 from bank mission.
    BTW, anyone know how to actually rob a bank outside of the main mission
    Seen a gold bar glitch on YouTube where you can collect as many gold bars as you want and then sell them to a fence.
    I only done/seen this after I had the game complete. But handy now to have a bit of cash.

Advertisement