Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Never had much issue with cash. Even at the start, once you loot enough bodies you get a lot of watches, buckles and even just cash. Then again I never had huge bounties on me as I was mostly plowing through story and side missions rather than busting into a town and wrecking the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Issue I have with cash is I keep dying. Love rolling into a town and going on a rampage. Always get killed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Penn wrote: »
    Never had much issue with cash. Even at the start, once you loot enough bodies you get a lot of watches, buckles and even just cash. Then again I never had huge bounties on me as I was mostly plowing through story and side missions rather than busting into a town and wrecking the place.

On the other hand I love busting into town and wrecking the place and struggled with cash as my bounty was always huge money

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Can't believe I'm finally at the end of this thread! Now what the hell am I'm going to read during the day?!

Just started Chapter 4 last night and arrived at St Denis, amazing and very immersive game.
    Chapter 3 end - Sean was a shocker. I liked him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I decided to loot a burning body. Only problem was I found myself engulfed in flames in seconds, burning myself to death. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Don't know how to access the photos from the in game camera, but -

I was at a crossroads outside Rhodes -

There was a round "hotspot" on the ground, glowing red & yellow

Soon as I got off me horse it screamed and legged it -

I ran over the circle and Arthur started losing health and roaring -

Dropped an animal pelt on it and it burst into flames right away -

It hung around for about 5 minutes and eventually shrunk and disappeared -

All the while this was happening, all the passersby on wagons and horses would stop for a gawk at the circle and move on - but no specific chatter out of them,

Weird one, anyone else seen anything like it?

if i can get the photo off social club i'll put it up here..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Don't know how to access the photos from the in game camera, but -

I was at a crossroads outside Rhodes -

There was a round "hotspot" on the ground, glowing red & yellow

Soon as I got off me horse it screamed and legged it -

I ran over the circle and Arthur started losing health and roaring -

Dropped an animal pelt on it and it burst into flames right away -

It hung around for about 5 minutes and eventually shrunk and disappeared -

All the while this was happening, all the passersby on wagons and horses would stop for a gawk at the circle and move on - but no specific chatter out of them,

Weird one, anyone else seen anything like it?

if i can get the photo off social club i'll put it up here..

UFO above perhaps?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    UFO above perhaps?

Feck,

I don't think I looked up at all :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'd read about that "hellspot" near Rhodes. Seems to be a glitch involving invisible fire.

I've also heard about parts of the map not loading resulting in a massive hole in the ground that you can fall into.

I'd read about that "hellspot" near Rhodes. Seems to be a glitch involving invisible fire.

I've also heard about parts of the map not loading resulting in a massive hole in the ground that you can fall into.

Ahh..

https://twitter.com/Crazyreyn/status/1057312952884383744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1057312952884383744&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fgaming%2F2018%2F11%2F02%2Fa-red-dead-redemption-2-horse-on-fire-glitch%2F

Wonder is it a glitch or are rockstar going very in depth with geological phenomenons? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Nal wrote: »
    Issue I have with cash is I keep dying. Love rolling into a town and going on a rampage. Always get killed though.

Same here.

I find it impossible to walk around a town without getting into trouble. I just get this incredible urge to hurl abuse at NPCs, and then then beat their ass for whatever few coppers they have.

This invariably leads to some rat bastard running to inform the law and me getting killed in a shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I was mistakenly giving out f*ck about gun degradation during a mission. Waves of lads coming at me and they weren’t dropping. Spent way too long killing them off and then realised I was using the varmint rifle :pac:

Once had a feller say "don't point that squirrel gun at me." Its grand for headshots!
    Penn wrote: »

Only issue I had was when you first start the Epilogue. I'd highly recommend holding onto most of what you pick up, from half through chapter 6. But its just to tie you over. Reckon $300 worth would do just in case you need it. Iv'e always payed the bounty there and then after I got issued with one, wonder how much Iv'e accumulated.

Anyone know if there's a stat for bounties payed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Had a friend over the other night, let him play while I was getting dinner ready. $120 bounty on my head, horse dead, relatively good reputation ruined. All in twenty minutes or so, raging.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Had a friend over the other night, let him play while I was getting dinner ready. $120 bounty on my head, horse dead, relatively good reputation ruined. All in twenty minutes or so, raging.

Sounds like a South park tale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Sounds like a South park tale

Only option now is to go back to the snow level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

How long have you known gimli?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lol, so I got ambushed by a few gang members, tried to chase them down, then fell into a hidden pit trap. Luckily I managed to kill most of the guys before they could get me but one of them tried to flee, so I chased him, lassoed him and hogtied him, then I threw him into a lake and watched him drown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of these stories you lads might be better telling a psychiatrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some of these stories you lads might be better telling a psychiatrist.

Will you be our psychiatrist? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Being the good guy in this game is the equivalent of obeying the traffic lights in gta.

My Arthur is a sadistic prick.

• Advertisement

Go watch The Unforgiven

Only re-watched it, the amount of influence RDR2 and even the original takes for this movie is very evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Being the good guy in this game is the equivalent of obeying the traffic lights in gta.

My Arthur is a sadistic prick.

Get different endings depending on how you play the game

Finished the Duchess and other animals, not nearly worth the effort involved unless you are aiming for 100% I'd say I put 10 hours into that alone ffs.

You get about $700, a pimp hat and a revolver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i had a hilarious bug where a horse and cart had got stuck half way under the road so it was half a horse and cart sticking out, and i everything that came down that road pilled up and crashed then a fire started and they all burned to death and left a pile of burnt horse bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Just played 4 hrs and got loads done. Im going to bed as if iv achieved something with my life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Anyone else come across that cave in Annesburg yet? Weird bunch of creatures in there haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Yes everyone will come across that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Having played the original game numerous times since 2010....am I the only one who would feel bad going back to complete the original where the government agents make you kill Dutch?

In the first game.... Dutch was pretty much a one dimensional character.......a classic baddie...and to add to that, he didn't even appear that much in the first game. I didn't care that I had to kill him....it was just a mission to get out of the way and I thought nothing of it.

I feel I really connected with Dutch in this game though.....he was a bit crazy at times, but also very interesting, learned and charismatic.

I loved the original RDR so much....but I hate the thought of going back to play it now as I'd have to kill Dutch in the end

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haven't been able to play that much this week, or really since I finished the main game but got on for an hour today. Went back doing a few sidequests that I had neglected before finishing.
    There's one way up north where Arthur teaches a girl how to hunt, I completed the first part but then went back as John and she was dead!

Anyone know if that's because I left it too long? Or is there a different outcome if I complete it prior to the Epilogue....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

In another way........ Red Dead Redemption 2 is a take on the original Buffalo Bill acts...

Bringing the Wild West to audiences thousands of miles away from the American Frontier.

I would have loved to have witnessed Buffalo Bill's original acts

But in all honesty.....

Red Dead Redemption 2 in its virtual sincerity.......

..is our generations take on the original Buffalo Bill shows

And how enjoyable it is.... felling like a cowboy in the Wild West

Red Dead Redemption 2 is this generations answer to the original Buffalo Bill Wild West shoes

Long may this epoch continue.

Advertisement