Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Off to watch deadwood again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Has anyone been arrested and then broken out of prison by one of the gang members? There are some pretty funny cutscenes of Dutch, Hosea and John breaking Arthur out of prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Does anybody else have a thing for Sadie Adler? I think she is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

DS86DS wrote: »
    Does anybody else have a thing for Sadie Adler? I think she is gorgeous.

200w.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I feel like the real villain of the story is whoever keeps unloading bales of hay about half a mile from where they're supposed to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder if Sadie's VA has that voice naturally. Sounds like it would wreck your throat if you had to put it on for any long period of time.

Loved the chase music in the epilogue when you are chasing the guy with
    Sadie

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wonder if Sadie's VA has that voice naturally. Sounds like it would wreck your throat if you had to put it on for any long period of time.

Her name is Alex McKenna she speaks briefly in this trailer https://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi3319967001?ref_=nmvi_vi_imdb_2

Sounds a little more exaggerated in red dead but sounds similar in that clip , I was curious about it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The fishing mission where you are trying to catch the big pike is nearly as bad as any remote control vehicle mission from the PS2 days. Tedious and annoying sh*te tbh.
    I had to quit playing after it. Like playing Mario party 64 except worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wish you could cut Arthur's hair using the shaving mirror in the camp. It annoys me that his hair grows yet there are only three barbers in the whole map. One of which is in Blackwater which is inaccessible for most of the story.

• Advertisement

FFS if you are doing the hunting requests I strongly advise finishing them up or not storing ones for later levels, you lose them at the end of chapter 6 :mad:

I reloaded as I couldn't face tracking some of them down again, I was missing a robin at level 3 but had most of the others for later levels. To say I was pissed is an understatement I'd rather replay the missions than hunt those again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

85% complete and it's just meh repetitive shít

It's a chore to complete game.

Bounty Hunters meh

I wish you could cut Arthur's hair using the shaving mirror in the camp. It annoys me that his hair grows yet there are only three barbers in the whole map. One of which is in Blackwater which is inaccessible for most of the story.

Try letting hair and beard grow full length, it gives Arthur the Wild Mountain man which is cool.

Though for some reason I find the beard makes John Marston look goofy. Clean shaven Marston + level 6 haircut and John looks the exact same as in the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just cleaning up some things post-game. Not sure if I'll bother with 100%, although my current statistic of 88.8% has me tempted.

I would love to start the game all over again but I have to give some other games I've been ignoring a fair go. This was such an experience like no other for me. I loved it.

J. Marston wrote: »

It kind of reminds me of Dorothy Day's Calamity Jane character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

DS86DS wrote: »
    It kind of reminds me of Dorothy Day's Calamity Jane character.

Sadie actually reminds me of Jessie from Toy Story. I got that vibe off her (minus the violence, of course lol).

latest?cb=20120520170238

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Is there an easy way to get pelts back to the camp? I'm up north hunting elk and moose and the camp is down on the other side of the map, do I have to ride my horse all the way down each time I get a pelt?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there an easy way to get pelts back to the camp? I'm up north hunting elk and moose and the camp is down on the other side of the map, do I have to ride my horse all the way down each time I get a pelt?

Sure do! You can only carry multiples of smaller pelts, big stuff is one at a time. There might be a trapper close by though so you could sell to them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,618 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sure do! You can only carry multiples of smaller pelts, big stuff is one at a time. There might be a trapper close by though so you could sell to them instead.

If you sell to the trapper does that still count towards crafting items for the camp?

On larger animals, you can use a second horse. Not sure how many horses you can control at once, only ever tried two at a time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not too sure about trapper stuff counting towards pearson's gear tbh. On the plus side the whole crafting/hunting malarky is entirely pointless outside of just doing it for fun/completionist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Rob a horse and bring it with your own make sure you feed it pat it so it will stay with you then load up the 2nd horse as well with game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished chapter 6, I'd say half way through Epilogue 1.
    Mr. Horsie... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm actually enjoying my time with John, feels like a proper prequel to 1. I can see why John ran off before, Abigail and Jack are sincey awful whiners.

I'm mad to see Arthur's fate. No way he lasted 'a few years later'. Absolutely loved his character and performance, hands down character of the year.

Gonna plough on with the Epilogue to see how it all ends up.

Still absolutely loving the game, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished chapter 6, I'd say half way through Epilogue 1.
    Mr. Horsie... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm actually enjoying my time with John, feels like a proper prequel to 1. I can see why John ran off before, Abigail and Jack are sincey awful whiners.

I'm mad to see Arthur's fate. No way he lasted 'a few years later'. Absolutely loved his character and performance, hands down character of the year.

Gonna plough on with the Epilogue to see how it all ends up.

Still absolutely loving the game, just brilliant.

I thought
    Arthur's fate was pretty clear at the end of Chapter 6, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

doubledown wrote: »
    I thought
    Arthur's fate was pretty clear at the end of Chapter 6, no?

Yeah but
    where did he end up, where's his grave, did he die on that mountain? Made it down to survive a few days, weeks, months? I need proper closure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Chapter VI spoiler:
    I think I'm right at the end of the main story after last night, unknownst to myself.
    Should I make an extra save when
    I bring Eagle Flies back to his father and he dies

I want to go back for legendary animals, etc at a later time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah but
    where did he end up, where's his grave, did he die on that mountain? Made it down to survive a few days, weeks, months? I need proper closure :(
    John mentions it at some stage about where Arthur's resting.

Says, on a hill under the evening sun if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Good drinking game - take a shot every time someone says "We gotta get outta here!" during a quest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Getting mixed impressions from you lot on this. It sounds like it suffers from the grind a la GTA IV. Can that be avoided, and the game just enjoyed if you skip a lot of the camp building, crafting and nonsense?

Sounds more like a job than a game from reading some of your comments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I am on epilogue I.

I have loved the game, yes it has kinks a patch would fix that everyone has said. But i love the whole depth of the game and the ability to roam.

Story is excellent ( I have mainly stuck to main story and not done as many side missions). great game but not without its faults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Getting mixed impressions from you lot on this. It sounds like it suffers from the grind a la GTA IV. Can that be avoided, and the game just enjoyed if you skip a lot of the camp building, crafting and nonsense?

Sounds more like a job than a game from reading some of your comments :pac:

To be honest, ive put money into upgrading the camp, but I havent done any crafting. im not finding it a grind at all, just exploring, main mkissons and side missions. i never give a crap about getting 100%. I'd never have the time to 100% it anyway

Advertisement