Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've seen two glitches in 100 hours or so. That's not bad going in fairness. The whole map from red dead is there, they'll surely just remaster it as DLC. There's no way really apart from PS NOW to see what happens for new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've seen two glitches in 100 hours or so. That's not bad going in fairness. The whole map from red dead is there, they'll surely just remaster it as DLC. There's no way really apart from PS NOW to see what happens for new players.

Remastering as DLC isn't that straightforward. You're talking about remodelling many characters not in RDR2 to suit the updated graphics and other updated character models, the large area of map from RDR1 which isn't in RDR2, character animations for remastering cutscenes. It's not that simple.

I think they threw in the Blackwater & Armadillo areas as a throwback, but the money they'd get for multiplayer content for less work compared to the work required for remastering RDR1 for single player (where RDR1 is available on PS Now and Xbox backwards compatibility) just wouldn't be worth it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Not sure RDR Online will have the same longevity as GTA Online, Rockstar are kinda limited with what they can do given the time period, GTA for example could bring in those custom races and rocket bikes etc., don't know how much RDR Online could do in that regards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's not really accurate to say the whole RDR1 map is there. Most of the Mexico region is just the low res map from RDR1. You can glitch into it but it's just there to be visible from other parts of the map. Upgrading it like they the did the New Austin/West Elizabeth area would involve a lot of work. I can't see them doing it unless online proves ridiculously popular, but even then they have more than enough wilderness in the rest of the map to flesh out. I was riding around Grizzlies East yesterday and it's even more empty than New Austin. It could really do with a town.

As I said I think any DLC is extremely unlikely, but if there is I'd bet on a prologue chapter focusing on the events leading up to the failed Blackwater heist that you hear so much about in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think that will be Red Dead 3, it couldn't really be anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like hearing the piano playing in the saloons. That's what makes 'em for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

Just picked up a PS4 Slim and RDR2 for €249.99 in Smyths. Kinda annoying that I wont be seeing it at its absolute best but I won't be buying a 4K TV for another year or two, never mind a beefed up console. I assume the base PS4 performance is satisfactory?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sitting there praising the game's polish and how well it all looks and plays technically, and I come across the first glitch that could potentially break the game for me.

I caught all 13 legendary fish. And for some reason nothing happened after I caught my last one and sent it off in the post office.

Turns out one of the fish didn't register as caught, even though my compendium shows it as caught, but the map is still showing it as visible (no X over it) and my stats are still showing 12/13.

I have spent the last 2 days going back to try and fish for it again but it isn't showing up.

If this was within the first week of the game's release I would say "Ah Rockstar will patch the game soon", but it's been roughly a month and Rockstar have not went near it.

So I don't know what to do. Will I keep trying, wasting time for nothing? Or will I wait for Rockstar to fix it (if it does get fixed)

Update. Never mind. It turns out I still had one fish still to catch. I didnt know there was a checklist to look at. Largemouth Bass is my last fish

Neon Demon wrote: »
    Just picked up a PS4 Slim and RDR2 for €249.99 in Smyths. Kinda annoying that I wont be seeing it at its absolute best but I won't be buying a 4K TV for another year or two, never mind a beefed up console. I assume the base PS4 performance is satisfactory?

It should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just starting the 2 epilogue chapters now
    How long are these btw? Are they as long as the regular chapters or shorter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Suppose it was too much to hope that I could get this a bit cheaper brand new on Black Friday.
    Now I'm torn between getting this or Destiny DLC which is doing an amazing black friday deal for the live expansions.

Pretty sure its reduced in the PS Store

biggebruv wrote: »
    Just starting the 2 epilogue chapters now
    How long are these btw? Are they as long as the regular chapters or shorter?

Pretty long actually. Couple of hours at least.

My favourite moment of the game has to have been
    building Beechers Hope
    . Maybe it was cos I was out of my mind but it was just brilliant, I was laughing my ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Im in Chapter 2 and as far as im aware, the only mission that is available to me (a yellow mission ) is in blackwater, in which i am wanted dead or alive. i tried to go to there but obviously got my head blown off. does this ring a bell with anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I didn't contribute to the camp in ages. I contributed a lot to the camp while other members contributed little to none and it had to stop.

Best thing I did was to upgrade my lodgings so I can sleep under canvas at night when away from the camp or towns.

One of the worst and most nonsensical and least impactful aspects of the game.
    Upgrade camp.
    Hey Arthur...put some money in the box would ye ?

Check the log, I've put in loads of money, upgraded everything to max. Got the horse thing, the boat etc etc.....
    I go away at a certain part...come back *a few weeks later*......the other 10 members or so have put in $8 between them.

The game is good, an 8 out of 10 for me.
    But for all the talk of realism etc, there are some really stupid parts to it too or things that they add but have little to no effect .

What use is Arthur's weight ?...he looked the same to me normal and underweight, I didn't notice until the game told me I was.
    Also...every piece of meat cooked looks suspiciously the same.

There is a sever lack of buildings you can enter and you are made to ride back from nearly every mission.
    I don't see what the point of unlocking fast travel was if you can only use it from camp...I think I used it once.

Another thing that really bugs me was the Challenge things.
    Example...shoot guns out of 3 enemies hands before reloading....it's so finicky and awkward.
    Then you have the skin a certain animal challenge....which seems to make the animal non existent when it's the animal you are looking for.
    The first one...find 3 perfect rabbits.....couldn't find a rabbit for love nor money. Then it was bears that became extinct and impossible to find....and now it's cougars (meanwhile bears and rabbits are everywhere now because I don't need them). Add to that the fact that they rarely if ever show up in the place that is marked on your map.

They are only a few off the top of my head, but there are loads more.

The main story is good but has some really stupid moments too. Great voice acting though.

Some side and random missions were the best part of the game for me.

Also , my bro always complains his Arthur has no money. I didn't understand how. I had a fully upgraded camp, one of those mad expensive horses and about 5,000 dollars just sitting there with nothing to spend it on. Mind you I played as good Arthur are rarely if ever robbed people. Never robbed a train or stagecoach outside of story requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Imagine one of the UFO's in RDR2 was the Republican Space Rangers doing some time travelling ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Also , my bro always complains his Arthur has no money. I didn't understand how. I had a fully upgraded camp, one of those mad expensive horses and about 5,000 dollars just sitting there with nothing to spend it on. Mind you I played as good Arthur are rarely if ever robbed people. Never robbed a train or stagecoach outside of story requirements.
    I pretty much agree with what you had to say.

Your brother must be playing as a psycho and having to pay off bounties all the time... :)
    DS86DS wrote: »
    Imagine one of the UFO's in RDR2 was the Republican Space Rangers doing some time travelling ðŸ˜
    That'd be kinda hilarious. They went full on goofy mode with the Undead expansion for RDR, why not go more of the same in this one? As a counter point to all the bs "realism" that just makes the game a chore and not a terribly enjoyable one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does anybody find the in game clock to be too fast?

I'm finding the day/night cycle shorter than the GTA games and previous Red Dead.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I pretty much agree with what you had to say.

Your brother must be playing as a psycho and having to pay off bounties all the time... :)

That'd be kinda hilarious. They went full on goofy mode with the Undead expansion for RDR, why not go more of the same in this one? As a counter point to all the bs "realism" that just makes the game a chore and not a terribly enjoyable one at that.

A dialogue exchange between Commander and Rains Fall would be interesting.

RAINS FALL: "The mountains and the waters simply are, we must be as the mountains and the waters and not as the eagle"

COMMANDER: "What in the hell jibber jabber you talkin about injun"

Also am I alone in finding that fella in Blackwater looking for Gavin to be a head wrecker?

• Advertisement

Also am I alone in finding that fella in Blackwater looking for Gavin to be a head wrecker?

I feel sorry for that feller tbh.

Oh my god he's such a ponce.

I want to feed him to a gator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You'll meet him in St Denis too! He intrigues me. I wonder if we ever find out if he finds him...

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for that feller tbh.

Come on now cowboy, toughen up.

Men like us don't have feelings.

Come on now cowboy, toughen up.

Men like us don't have feelings.

Hey there mister!

Well, I play honourable Arthur so I sympathize with the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Another cool song. This starts playing during the mission when you have to help free Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

feckin accidentally autosaved over my main game that i finished ughhh feck.

I loved the achievement/trophy name for finishing a new Jerusalem
    cowboy builder
    :D

So I found myself shooting rats in some stinking saloon in Saint Denis :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement