Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Earlier this evening I went looking for a disguised dog but it turned out to be a
    real lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The weight system in this game is really getting on my nerves. I'm trying to keep Arthur at "perfect" but it keeps lowing to "average". I have Arthur eat quite often too so it's not as if he starving or anything. There a periods were I manage to get him to perfect but after a while it reduces again. Even if I was to have Arthur go into a saloon and order a bunch of meals to eat it won't really raise his weight level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Went visiting all the grave locations today ... it seems the more flowers on Arthur’s grave the more honor he died with with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For f*cks sake. Spoilers mate!!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,618 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Spolier? Jebus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Remember spoiler tags all. This is a big, long game and not everyone will have reached the point you have yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Mod note: Remember spoiler tags all. This is a big, long game and not everyone will have reached the point you have yet.
    Apologies I taught I had engaged spoilers .... sorry everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

harr wrote: »

there'll be a bounty on y'er head round these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

harr wrote: »

I'm gonna hunt you down and challenge you to a dual once online gets here

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭20silkcut

akelly02 wrote: »
    Im in Chapter 2 and as far as im aware, the only mission that is available to me (a yellow mission ) is in blackwater, in which i am wanted dead or alive. i tried to go to there but obviously got my head blown off. does this ring a bell with anyone?

Keep out of the town you can skirt around it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The weight system in this game is really getting on my nerves. I'm trying to keep Arthur at "perfect" but it keeps lowing to "average". I have Arthur eat quite often too so it's not as if he starving or anything. There a periods were I manage to get him to perfect but after a while it reduces again. Even if I was to have Arthur go into a saloon and order a bunch of meals to eat it won't really raise his weight level.

I'm pretty sure the weight system (at all points) is bugged. It often takes a reload of the game to get the weight to update. Also I'm not sure "average weight" is below "perfect". I think it can be both above and below. Check the damage absorption rate in player stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think i've been anything but underweight, no matter what I do. Maybe I'm not getting into enough firefights to eat more often. Can't see any negative to it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

20silkcut wrote: »
    Keep out of the town you can skirt around it.

Yeah as you enter the area there may be a patrol wait until they turn away from you and go to their right and then turn back left to go cross country to the guys waiting on a hill edge.
    I was the same as usually in rockstar games you are restricted access but this game you are wanted DOA in a few different areas

Well I just managed
    to escape with my life after that ass hole I broke out of a cell at the back of the police station earlier in the game decided it was a good idea to meet with a rival gang. Good thing I decided to look for my guns after I heard them say put his guns over there.
    The location was actually marked on the map but I only realized once I got over close to the area.

For someone who started the game midnight on release I am only now at that point in the game.

I'm pretty sure the weight system (at all points) is bugged. It often takes a reload of the game to get the weight to update. Also I'm not sure "average weight" is below "perfect". I think it can be both above and below. Check the damage absorption rate in player stats.

Yeah I actually noticed that earlier. I had just eaten a meal and as I was riding my horse I checked my stats again and the weight was on average again. I had to reload because I made a mistake and when I did it was back to perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think i've been anything but underweight, no matter what I do. Maybe I'm not getting into enough firefights to eat more often. Can't see any negative to it tbh.

Supposedly it affects how fast your cores for stamina and health decrease. One decreases more than the other depending on whether you're over or underweight. That said I never paid any attention to it and I'm pretty sure I was underweight the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Penn wrote: »
    Supposedly it affects how fast your cores for stamina and health decrease. One decreases more than the other depending on whether you're over or underweight. That said I never paid any attention to it and I'm pretty sure I was underweight the entire game.

I read that alright, but even on underweight, the stats don't show any negative effect on any of the cores. Like, if I wear the winter gear in St Denis, my core drains at about 650% faster. But everything is at 0% when underweight.

Meh, small niggle and it doesn't take away from the game in the slightest. My biggest annoyance is not being able to craft more storage to put more than 1 large pelt on the horse, and hells if I'm going to rob a second horse and maintain control just to get a second pelt (if you could load 3 or 4 on a second horse, I'd do it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Riddle101 wrote: »

Ahh jaysus just don’t bother with it dude it makes not one bit of difference imo.

It would be great if the game gave you a list of all the stranger missions I have completed because I don’t know which ones I’m missing now it’s hard to remember some of them when reading about them online

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on the start of epilogue 2 and noticed a stranger mission which I had started and the next part had been in my map since chapter 6, it suddenly started pulsing on the map. Anyone knows what that means? Google tells me it's a new mission but it's definitely been there a while. Did a couple of missions and it stopped pulsing, still on the map as normal.

Edit: weight topic, I tried to remember to eat after every mission and spent the whole game underweight, never saw an impact

Just entered Saint Denis. Talk about pollution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I finished the game in a week.
    Looking back, I didn't get to enjoy it as much as you guys re exploring, side missions etc. Contemplating starting it again but afraid online will open before I finish :(

I was going for the
    graves
    achievement and squirrel one there tonight and had the cinematic camera on for I'd say 40-50 minutes plus while I traversed all of that. How the hell can they justify that ? zero input from me other than to hope off the horse and set a new course. Realism is one thing but thats not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the A New Jerusalem in Epilogue 2. What a mission! From the music to the link to RDR 1, just magical.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just finished the A New Jerusalem in Epilogue 2. What a mission! From the music to the link to RDR 1, just magical.

great name for the trophy/achievement too :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a weight system?

Yea I noticed it not long after I got the game that I was underweight and have been through out the game up to where I am now after just arriving in St Denis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a weight system?

it's the type of thing you find out when browsing the menus, doesn't seem to impact on the game. I feed Arthur better than myself and am still under weight

I've actually managed to keep the my character's weight pretty balanced so far. I have him mostly at perfect, but there are periods when he's average as I said before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just entered Saint Denis. Talk about pollution.

Aye. The chimneys of the power-station belching filth into the sky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement