Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a weight system?

I hadn't a clue either, though I dont get enough time to play really to worry about.. stupid real life, spent 2 hours doing missions last night and still on Chapter 2 :pac: when I usually play I get sidetracked and go wandering

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I finished chapter 6 yesterday then watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs last night on Netflix.

A certain song really hit home :(
    When a cowboy trades his spurs for wings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anybody know who sings that song - that’s the way it is - if that’s what it’s called it plays at a certain part I’m sure most of you know by now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

biggebruv wrote: »
    Anybody know who sings that song - that’s the way it is - if that’s what it’s called it plays at a certain part I’m sure most of you know by now

Daniel Lanois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Just learned something interesting. I thought horses had become defunct in the military during World War One. But apparently the US Army and US Marine Corps still have several divisions on horseback.

In the mountainous terrain of Afghanistan, the US Army Special Forces has been using horses since the beginning of the conflict in 2001, in particular in areas that are too steep for vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The interactions at camp are some of the best bits in the game.
    I watched Molly and Karen get into a argument, Molly slapped Karen, and Karen responded by punching Molly in the face and Molly ran off.

I watched Micah insult both Javier and Charles in two different interactions. Javier simply punched Micah in the face and walked off, while Charles tossed him onto the ground.

I also saw Javier put a knife to Bill's throat after Bill called him a greaser.

Finally I saw Hosea point his gun at Bill when Bill was drunk and being a jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I do like to take a good scrub in the tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fully agree, Sadie absolutely owns every scene she's in, such a badass character. Best female character of the year and we've only seen a portion of her story.

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1066738856479866880?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I do like to take a good scrub in the tub.

Pay the broad to to do it for you!

Pay the broad to to do it for you!

The big question is, small talk or stfu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I like a bit of small talk to the awkward silent scrubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Very late game spoilers
    John's first epilogue is very short, some parts I'd barely clarify as a missions.
    One is as follows. Receive a telegram, read a letter(in a cutscene), milk a cow, (cue a hard-working montage), talk to the Ranch owner about putting in a word for a loan, then ride to Valentine. I hope the second part is more interesting.....

ERG89 wrote: »
    Very late game spoilers
    John's first epilogue is very short, some parts I'd barely clarify as a missions.
    One is as follows. Receive a telegram, read a letter(in a cutscene), milk a cow, (cue a hard-working montage), talk to the Ranch owner about putting in a word for a loan, then ride to Valentine. I hope the second part is more interesting.....

I'm about half way through Epilogue 2 and I've loved them so far. Missions in 2 are a good bit longer and more involved than 1. I've read people saying the Epilogue was too long but I'm enjoying the **** out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fully agree, Sadie absolutely owns every scene she's in, such a badass character. Best female character of the year and we've only seen a portion of her story.

I wouldn't go that far. She's ok. There were far more interesting female characters in the game that we only saw a little bit of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

She can be somewhat annoying on some missions, almost as annoying as "work you damn nag". One of the better characters though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got a message today that said I'm at minimum weight and that I'm sick as a result. I have no idea how cause I've been horsing big lumps of meat into me on a very regular basis. Because of this "sick" status, I get fewer benefits from the buffs bestowed from tonics and tasty meats.

On Sadie I was kind of hoping for
    A fully fleshed out DLC with her going after the O'Driscoll's
    but that can't happen.

She was definitely one of, if not the best characters in camp. A lot of the others we'd under developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got a message today that said I'm at minimum weight and that I'm sick as a result. I have no idea how cause I've been horsing big lumps of meat into me on a very regular basis. Because of this "sick" status, I get fewer benefits from the buffs bestowed from tonics and tasty meats.

Ginseng usually cures sickness. What chapter are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

My copy of the game came with a DLC code for a war horse and a survival kit. I don't know whether to redeem them or not. I think it might break the immersion somewhat to suddenly have an expensive mount or survival kit, while in the story I'm penniless and struggling to find basic materials. Anyone else have similar reservations. Did it break the immersion for you?

Neon Demon wrote: »
    My copy of the game came with a DLC code for a war horse and a survival kit. I don't know whether to redeem them or not. I think it might break the immersion somewhat to suddenly have an expensive mount or survival kit, while in the story I'm penniless and struggling to find basic materials. Anyone else have similar reservations. Did it break the immersion for you?

Not one bit. I didn't even notice the survival kit items and there are much better horses in the game. The war horse is a great start as it's faster than the starting horses which is important because of all the travel but there are much faster horses out there. I'd say go ahead and redeem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking at the metacritic score and it's still at 97 (I guess it won't change now)
    56 scores of 100 and quite a few at 95-99. Mind boggles. There's a number at 80-70 but right at the end nothing lower than this. Great game but surely money has changed hands or threats have been issued.

Didn't play it over the weekend too busy screaming obscenities at Battlefield V.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Question for those who finished the game:
    Do I have to play as John? I want to be able to free roam as Arthur! I don't want to restart and go through the first few hours again just to free roam and I have guns and machetes and cleavers I want.

I disagree.

There's nothing remotely fascinating about her. No memorable quotes or anything.

If she was a man would she be seen in the same way? I think not. Charles is just as good a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Question for those who finished the game:
    Do I have to play as John? I want to be able to free roam as Arthur! I don't want to restart and go through the first few hours again just to free roam and I have guns and machetes and cleavers I want.
    Yep, you have to play as John, unless they decide to give you the option to change character in a future patch update. I remember seeing somebody mentioning on a forum somewhere that you should make a save in Chapter III before Arthur gets sick, for that very reason.

End game spoiler
    I realised there were different endings depending on honor level (or is it depending on the selections you made in the final scene?) but I didn't know that it doesn't always end with Arthur getting shot in the head.

What other endings are there? My one, when Dutch left, Micah shot him in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

End game spoiler
    I realised there were different endings depending on honor level (or is it depending on the selections you made in the final scene?) but I didn't know that it doesn't always end with Arthur getting shot in the head.

What other endings are there? My one, when Dutch left, Micah shot him in the head.
    Micah leaves Arthur to die after Dutch walks away and Arthur dies lying there as the sun rises. That's the one I got anyway. Don't think they vary more than that.

End game spoiler

Didn't know that could happen!
    Mine both Micah and Dutch walked away separately and Arthur just dies there on the outcrop from a combinations of his illness and injuries i guess. (I chose to help John rather than go back for the money btw).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

End game spoiler

There are
    4 different chapter 6 endings. Good honour help John, bad honour Help John, good honour go back for money, bad honour go back for money. You can watch them on Youtube (but be warned that you will probably have the epilogue ending spoiled on you). All are effectively the same with slight variations. Sounds like you got the bad honour help John ending. In the good honour version (which many people consider the "true" ending) you beat up Micah, he runs away, and Arthur dies peacefully. The Dutch stuff plays out the same way in all endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm caught between wanting to know what y'er all talking about and not spoiling the ending.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm caught between wanting to know what y'er all talking about and not spoiling the ending.

We're talking about the ending to Chapter 6 not the epilogue so you're fine if you're past that. I haven't finished epilogue part 2 yet.

Advertisement