Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ginseng usually cures sickness. What chapter are you on?
    I'm just after starting Chapter 6, so I know why you're asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I disagree.

There's nothing remotely fascinating about her. No memorable quotes or anything.

If she was a man would she be seen in the same way? I think not. Charles is just as good a character.

I'd be inclined to agree, particularly the point about if she were a male character. I think what people are getting excited about with Sadie is that she's a strong female character who isn't sexualised in any way, which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fully agree, Sadie absolutely owns every scene she's in, such a badass character. Best female character of the year and we've only seen a portion of her story.

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1066738856479866880?s=19

Freya from God of War and Kara from Detroit: Become Human would like a word. Both way more memorable characters and better acted characters in games that came out this year, I would say at least.

Sadie is bland IMO, and the only reason she even stands out is due to the fact that the game is so male dominated. Her performance is fine, but there are many more memorable characters who's performance outshines her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I liked Sadie and she was the best female character in the game, but that's not really saying a lot as most of the others were just there to fill out the camp and be involved in a mission or two. Her performance was great, but not amazing or brilliant. The actors for Arthur, Dutch and Charles were just on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shiminay wrote: »
    I got a message today that said I'm at minimum weight and that I'm sick as a result. I have no idea how cause I've been horsing big lumps of meat into me on a very regular basis. Because of this "sick" status, I get fewer benefits from the buffs bestowed from tonics and tasty meats.

Eat a bowl of stew every few days and you'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anytime I'm in camp I have some stew, one of the first things I did was buy a chicken coop. I'm really practical even in videogames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i was off exploring around the snow area's and i found a little ruined shack so i go in and there's nothing there but a drawer so i open it and im like is that writing so i go into first person mode and it just had some creepy writing in it freaked me out a bit :D pretty sure i found a witches cauldron a few day's ago aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fully agree, Sadie absolutely owns every scene she's in, such a badass character. Best female character of the year and we've only seen a portion of her story.

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1066738856479866880?s=19

i fking loved sadie in that game, such a great character from where you find her at the start to how developed through the game and by the end i was like what a bad ass bitch.
    I was pretty disappointing i couldn't play as her after the prologue and had to be john boring marston

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Came across two unpleasant individuals in Saint Denis who didn't like my looks. I squared up to them, one had a knife and started slashing me while the other prick was lashing into me.

I was very badly wounded by that stage so I drew my weapon and blew both those ****ers away.

Jordan 199 - 1 Street thugs - 0

Don't ever screw with 'The Jordan' :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Came across two unpleasant individuals in Saint Denis who didn't like my looks. I squared up to them, one had a knife and started slashing me while the other prick was lashing into me.

I was very badly wounded by that stage so I drew my weapon and blew both those ****ers away.

Yeah but I assume then the cops came after you and killed you?

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah but I assume then the cops came after you and killed you?

No. I'm guessing nobody cared about the gutter trash I blew away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i fking loved sadie in that game, such a great character from where you find her at the start to how developed through the game and by the end i was like what a bad ass bitch.
    I was pretty disappointing i couldn't play as her after the prologue and had to be john boring marston
    Jim Milton, no?
    ;)
    Sadie's story kinda ends in the O'Driscoll's hideout mission though, it made sense for her to finish that with Arthur instead of John too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On Sadie...

Epilogue
    I wanted to play as her in the epilogue mostly because of her awesome outfit. She looked like a western version of Lady Maria from Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Just going to leave this here.....poor Arthur...no spoilers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Online beta is getting a staggered rollout starting tomorrow:
    "The beta for the online portion of “Red Dead Redemption 2” goes live in waves this week with those who purchased the Ultimate version of the game gaining access Tuesday, anyone who played in the first few days of the game’s launch gaining access Wednesday and Thursday and everyone else by Friday.

The beta, which is free for those who own the game, is designed to be the beginning of “Red Dead Online,” meaning that it won’t run for a limited time and that developers hope to allow players to keep their progress in the game."

“Red Dead Online” will feature an open world that is home to all of the animals of the single-player game. It will include support for hunting, fishing, treasuring hunting, posses, camps and a variety of competitive modes. While the game won’t have the complex, threaded single-player storyline of “Red Dead Redemption 2,” it will feature a sort of narrative tied to cooperative play for the online game’s posses.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/red-dead-online-beta-date-1203036161/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm going to clear the game tonight then sell it to gamestop for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nalz wrote: »
    I'm going to clear the game tonight then sell it to gamestop for €40

€58 to CEX :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €58 to CEX :D

nice..but erm, how!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of funny memes about Dutch and him constantly saying "I've got a plan" or "We just need money"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

nice..but erm, how!?

Sell for €68

• Advertisement

What I want now is 'Paint Your Wagon' dlc. Make it happen Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Jordan 199 wrote: »

I had the same problem down near the docks. Cut the two of them in two with my double welding swan-off's :D

Sell for €68

Wow really! Good to know. I'll get down to clearing it so. No interest in online.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of funny memes about Dutch and him constantly saying "I've got a plan" or "We just need money"

Nice callback to the first game at 1:16...

RDR
    "I got a plan...this is a good one." Dutch says the same thing when John corners him on the cliff at the end.

Edit: Ha! Posted it before the end of the video where it shows it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I was a bit dubious about this game for the first couple of hours but I've just started Chapter 3 and it's totally won me over.

It could go down as one of my favourite games by the time I finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gimli2112 wrote: »
    anytime I'm in camp I have some stew, one of the first things I did was buy a chicken coop. I'm really practical even in videogames.

I steer clear of Pearson's cooking at all times.

I either have my dinner in a saloon or cook up a rabbit or rat by the campfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

nice..but erm, how!?

It was answered already, but yeah, they are buying for €58 cash and selling at €68 :)

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5026555423045&categoryName=playstation4-software&superCatName=gaming&title=red-dead-redemption-2-%282-disc%29-%28no-dlc%29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Just finished it there. Time to read back through all those spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I steer clear of Pearson's cooking at all times.

I either have my dinner in a saloon or cook up a rabbit or rat by the campfire.

if you eat nothing but rabbits you starve quicker than if you eat nothing at all. I keep telling people this odd fact in the hope it saves someone's life someday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just finished it there. Time to read back through all those spoilers.

But you already spoiled those spoilers by playing through. :confused:

Advertisement