Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

But you already spoiled those spoilers by playing through. :confused:

Its nice to go over such a large story again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Red Dead Online beta launching tomorrow!!!! Nice timing as I have one mission left in Epilogue 2 so will finish up the story tonight.

There's a few Irish/boards Rockstar crews around but if anyone fancies, feel free to join the boards one below.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie/wall

Access releasing in stages

Tuesday, November 27: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners.

Wednesday, November 28: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.

Thursday, November 29: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.

Friday, November 30: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

You’ll be able to access the beta from the title screen. If you’re in the earliest stage, access will begin from 5.30am PT / 8.30am ET / 1.30pm UK / 12.30am AET (November 28th).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

gimli2112 wrote: »
    if you eat nothing but rabbits you starve quicker than if you eat nothing at all. I keep telling people this odd fact in the hope it saves someone's life someday.

I too have seen that episode of QI :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

But you already spoiled those spoilers by playing through. :confused:

It's more just to see what people's opinions were on the story and if I missed anything subtle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

It's more just to see what people's opinions were on the story and if I missed anything subtle etc.

You missed that subtle joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Does anybody else find it annoying there’s no way to track the stranger missions you have completed I think I’ve done most now but I’m not sure looking at the guides think maybe I’ve missed 3 or 4

I’ve done the strange hillbilly couple and the creepy hillbilly in the cabin is there any more cool random things like that around the map

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

biggebruv wrote: »
    Does anybody else find it annoying there’s no way to track the stranger missions you have completed I think I’ve done most now but I’m not sure looking at the guides think maybe I’ve missed 3 or 4

I’ve done the strange hillbilly couple and the creepy hillbilly in the cabin is there any more cool random things like that around the map

theres loads of info if your on the social club.

biggebruv wrote: »

I completely forgot about the creepy lady locked in the outhouse in West lemoyne, definitely need to go back there to see what state she's in. I found an empty cabin with a single bloody handprint on one wall which was cool and drank some lovely black goo from a witches cabin.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I completely forgot about the creepy lady locked in the outhouse in West lemoyne, definitely need to go back there to see what state she's in. I found an empty cabin with a single bloody handprint on one wall which was cool and drank some lovely black goo from a witches cabin.

Family secrets, the opposing faction have one too so best look them both up.

Just finished epilogue 2, absolutely a-****ing-mazing! I don't care about all the little annoyances, this was absolutely brilliant, up there with Witcher 3 in recent years. And I still stand by my Sadie, such a brilliant character all the way through.

As good as RDR 1 was, I never clicked with it as I did this one. Absolutely hooked from start to finish. Roll on RDR Online so the Adventures of Sadie can continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wish I had found this, always thought the character was great in the first game. Spoilers in the video...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Must say im hooked, i found it a bit boring at the start and took me ages to get really into but I’ve hit chapter four and im sold, it’s an unreal game so much detail you just get lost in it in a good way, rdr 1 was my favorite game this has now surpassed it for me, still loads to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Roll on RDR Online

I challenge you to a duel mister!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The actors behind the characters. For those interested.

Ds8tFWEWoAExXsP?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The actors behind the characters. For those interested.

Ds8tFWEWoAExXsP?format=jpg

I'll never look at Dutch the same way again

astradave wrote: »
    I'll never look at Dutch the same way again

Take a look at Deadwood, he played Silas in that and perfect for both roles imo

Online Beta starts today for those with the ultimate edition, Thursday for those who played day one, and Friday for those who played within the first 3 days of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Ughhh really want to play as Arthur in free roam but I can't be arsed restarting and doing missions and having to catch all the legendary animals and treasures again..

Online Beta starts today for those with the ultimate edition, Thursday for those who played day one, and Friday for those who played within the first 3 days of release.

Wednesday/Thursday for day 1. Depending on the roll-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Might be a silly question but for a near middle aged lad like me who has never played any game on line , what will I need to do to play ?
    Do I need to join with a certain group or can I just log in and play on my own ?
    As I said I know nothing about playing on line

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but for a near middle aged lad like me who has never played any game on line , what will I need to do to play ?
    Do I need to join with a certain group or can I just log in and play on my own ?
    As I said I know nothing about playing on line

If you're on xbox you'll need Xbox live. Not too sure about psn.

Think Xbox live is €1 for 1 month at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There no way that’s Titus Welliver. Silas’s voice is like gravel in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They guy who played Silas died irl about a year ago. Dutch is definitely very similar to the Silas character.

Apologies I'm thinking of Cy Tolliver not Silas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They guy who played Silas died irl about a year ago. Dutch is definitely very similar to the Silas character.

Apologies I'm thinking of Cy Tolliver not Silas

My mistake, I thought they sounded the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Just finished epilogue 2, absolutely a-****ing-mazing! I don't care about all the little annoyances, this was absolutely brilliant, up there with Witcher 3 in recent years.

I'm glad you loved it so much. For me, I don't share the same opinion or feelings towards it. Riding around too much, silly side missions and achievements (shoot birds in sky, go fishing, ride from town A to town B in five minutes), eating, brushing your horse. Meh.

Found the levels/missions okay. Bit samey, and very easy. I think I died about 5 times in the entire game which means imo it was very easy game. Story is keeping a lot of people interested, which is cool....but I just got bored of it after a while. There's a point about losing certain things after "that" particular changing point in the game that I can't mention as I'm on phone and can't put spoilers in. That pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you dont have to do any of those thing's that's all. It's just optional fluff, like i finished it with out even upgrading any of my bag's or doing any of the legendary hunt's or those challenge's. Doing them now tho but like they arent required at all.

I did very little hunting and only the first few levels of each challenge. As soon as something looked annoying, I wouldn't bother proceeding. Gave up eating after chapter 2 :). No satchel upgrades, only upgraded the camp for fast travel that I only used 3 times. From chapter 3, I focused on the story. Had an Arabian to make the trips go quicker, the long travel only bothered me a few times, mostly the trips went quicker than expected. I was able to skip all that and still get a month out of the story, side missions and just enjoying exploring the map.

So yeah, I avoided the annoying things so that definitely helped towards my final view of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Think someone mentioned it way back....but the whole.."we need money" schtick ran a bit thin at the end...especially since my character was running around with about 5 grand in his back pocket the whole game.
    I dont know, maybe they should have made it harder to find platinum rings, gold bands etc
    About a chapter or two in i was able to buy anything i wanted, pay off bounties..eat all the hotel food i wanted... etc etc...
    the whole "we have no money we need more money"...the whole premise behind the story...was basically made redundant by the fact the main character is loaded, especially when Arthur gives the
    Downes family
    about 50 quid to go off and start a new life, it just didnt add up.

I like the game, i'm on epilogue 1, but i dont think i love it...yet.

Nalz wrote: »
    I'm glad you loved it so much. For me, I don't share the same opinion or feelings towards it. Riding around too much, silly side missions and achievements (shoot birds in sky, go fishing, ride from town A to town B in five minutes), eating, brushing your horse. Meh.

Found the levels/missions okay. Bit samey, and very easy. I think I died about 5 times in the entire game which means imo it was very easy game. Story is keeping a lot of people interested, which is cool....but I just got bored of it after a while. There's a point about losing certain things after "that" particular changing point in the game that I can't mention as I'm on phone and can't put spoilers in. That pisses me off.

[SPOILER*][/SPOILER*] without the asterisks*

• Advertisement

If you're on xbox you'll need Xbox live. Not too sure about psn.

Think Xbox live is €1 for 1 month at the moment.

can i just buy 12 of these and use them lateR?

no - is the answer

Advertisement