Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    so, almost there, 4pm today. Hope no delay but will probably be pushed back til Autumn 18'. I want some gameplay at least.

Where do we look for the announcement? Is it a trailer?

Will keep an eye on the twitch page for now:
    https://www.twitch.tv/rockstargames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Where do we look for the announcement? Is it a trailer?

Will keep an eye on the twitch page for now:
    https://www.twitch.tv/rockstargames

Keep an eye on the Facebook and Twitter pages id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

so, almost there, 4pm today. Hope no delay but will probably be pushed back til Autumn 18'. I want some gameplay at least.

I don't think R* will set a countdown to a delay to be honest. Nor do I think we'll get gameplay till the new year; GTA V's gameplay trailer wasn't released until just over 2 months away from its actual release, which I predict will be about February/March time as I agree with bigphil2's prediction on it being a May release.

Although I would love to see gameplay now, what I think today will represent is the beginning of a ramp-up in Rockstar's marketing for RDR2, we will be learning things and seeing cool campaign gimmicks coming out more and more rapidly across the coming months. They pretty much perfected their marketing strategy with the previous 2 GTA releases, I can't see them diverting too far off that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just re-watched the original trailer after not watching it for a very long time and at the end it says spring 2018. Hopefully that is still true as that is not long away at all.

Hopefully there are no delays, I'm looking at you SouthPark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

New trailer, focusing on the story

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I just re-watched the original trailer after not watching it for a very long time and at the end it says spring 2018. Hopefully that is still true as that is not long away at all.

Hopefully there are no delays, I'm looking at you SouthPark.

Spring 2018 means Xmas 2018 at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Looks pretty cool obviously some hunting aspects in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

so it's a
    prequel
    and date hasn't slipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks cool but so far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Looks cool but so far away.

Only 6 months or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I can wait, as long as it's the finished article and lives up to the hype :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭piplip87

Looks absolutely brilliant. Hopefully when this is finished and released they can start a LA Noire 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Can't wait. I don't game as much these days but waiting for this big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonder will it be in 4K, I hope it's in 4K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wonder will it be in 4K, I hope it's in 4K

Of course it will be....

Exclusive to PS4 according to Rockstar on Facebook, that's a load of bollox if that's the case, everyone should be able to play RDR2, I played the original on Xbox...

Only 6 months or so!

Ha I thought it said Spring 19, hype train back on track :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks good from that trailer. Looks like you will be doing a lot of robbing in this one. Robbing the train looks like one mission anyway.

*waits for Xbox owners to lose their minds*

In all honesty I would have probably liked to play this on Xbox One X but the Pro will have to do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Their Twitter says PS4 and Xbox One, posted with the video

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/913417919681515520

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Weird move to announce it for both platforms then say it's exclusive now all of a sudden? Has there been anything outside of a facebook post to suggest this? I'd wager it's a timed exclusive if anything but I doubt it's exclusive at all. Was hoping for a PC release this time around more than anything.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Of course it will be....

Exclusive to PS4 according to Rockstar on Facebook, that's a load of bollox if that's the case, everyone should be able to play RDR2, I played the original on Xbox...

Maybe certain content or something ?

Clear states on twitter it's coming to PS and Xbox

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/913417919681515520

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    *waits for Xbox owners to lose their minds*

In all honesty I would have probably liked to play this on Xbox One X but the Pro will have to do....

You can play it on One X.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/red-dead-redemption-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Rockstar Games Facebook page has two posts about the video, one saying "Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems." and one saying "Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 systems." - https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames/

Not sure why they did that but I'd say it's definitely coming to Xbox One. Maybe it's just part of a marketing thing so PS Facebook accounts can link to the one only saying Playstation 4 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    The Rockstar Games Facebook page has two posts about the video, one saying "Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems." and one saying "Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 systems." - https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames/

Not sure why they did that but I'd say it's definitely coming to Xbox One, maybe part of a marketing thing so PS Facebook accounts can link to the one only saying Playstation 4 or something.

Could be a marketing deal with Sony like Destiny etc.

Ps4 has exclusive online content as announced previously, I'd say it's just like those adds on telly of generic games ' play now on xbox' when it's also out on ps4. If it was exclusive, that would have be plastered on the end bit.

Just checked it again there on the Facebook page and they have changed it, obviously it was just a social media intern who wrote the wrong thing on the post... :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No PC release, so i won't be playing it unfortunately.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »

Will there definitely be none at all? I would have thought it will happen but ages after console release like with GTA V.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

I would hope they learned a lesson from the last one not being on PC, still a ridiculous decision IMO...

Hopefully it may come a few months after console release...

Advertisement