Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Anyone here get access today?

Yes, just played it there, much like story mode in that there are missions to progress the online story, then your races and side missions. I have to say it is good apart from the fact
    that when you’re doing a mission like a delivery and ither players are hunting you down that the horse tires rather quickly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Horse stimulants and a good horse will be massive business online so it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Yes, just played it there, much like story mode in that there are missions to progress the online story, then your races and side missions. I have to say it is good apart from the fact
    that when you’re doing a mission like a delivery and ither players are hunting you down that the horse tires rather quickly!!

First thing to do will be
    bond with horse
    so!
    Hitching, patting, feeding and brushing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First thing to do will be
    bond with horse
    so!
    Hitching, patting, feeding and brushing

First thing I'm gonna do is rob someone's fancy horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Horse stimulants and a good horse will be massive business online so it seems.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

Bastard. :pac:

Scratch what I said, horse insurance is going to be THE most important thing online. :o

• Advertisement

I was lucky, got a thoroughbred free coz I preordered the ultimate edition, insurance free too 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bit of fun on the way to a mission

Varik wrote: »
    Bit of fun on the way to a mission

Lovely stuff, the lads must have been raging! Poor dog at the end though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

in the online mode when you kill another player, do they respawn fairly close to you like in the first game ? please say no pleaseee say no :(

Lone Stone wrote: »
    in the online mode when you kill another player, do they respawn fairly close to you like in the first game ? please say no pleaseee say no :(

Not too far away, just enough to be out of range for a rifle!

• Advertisement

Rockstar official info about online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=reddeadonline-11272018&utm_content=newswire

Interesting how honor plays a part and shapes a mission. High honour and strangers will ask for protection, low honour and they'll ask you break their friend out of jail, etc. Also story missions will change depending on your honour.

Also I saw in the character creation, you can choose from different whistling sounds and the tune of your whistle, nice touch.

Rockstar official info about online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=reddeadonline-11272018&utm_content=newswire

Interesting how honor plays a part and shapes a mission. High honour and strangers will ask for protection, low honour and they'll ask you break their friend out of jail, etc. Also story missions will change depending on your honour.

Yea one of the first few missions you are asked to
    find a man’s wife who was kidnapped, but when you find her it turns out she ran away with another man so you have the option to help them get away or kill the new man and take her back, then get honour or lose honour depending on your choice!
    . Honour does play a lot into it!

Also I saw in the character creation, you can choose from different whistling sounds and the tune of your whistle, nice touch.

Yea, pitch, clarity and whistle type, it’s funny to hear so many different whistles when you’re in a group of players!

Also when you’re in someone else’s posse your own story progresses as well, there can only be 4 max in a posse so when you go to a mission, it’s just the posse in it whether there’s 2, 3 or 4, but if you go up to a mission on your own, it only gives you the choice to matchmake, so only can go with 4 players.

Cool, kind of like GTA online heists.

Cool, kind of like GTA online heists.

Yea but in gta you can start the heist with less than 4 when on your own, in this it has to be full, or maybe it just seems like that today coz everyone is at the same stage! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Has anyone done the Le Tresor Des Morts treasure map, it came with the ultimate edition?

I ordered the ultimate edition but I can't find the map, think you had to preorder it before a deadline, can someone confirm this?

Has anyone done the Le Tresor Des Morts treasure map, it came with the ultimate edition?

I ordered the ultimate edition but I can't find the map, think you had to preorder it before a deadline, can someone confirm this?

I preordered it on 17/10, but didn’t come across that map!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Arthur roasting the Marston's. I didn't realize the Renegade options were so wicked :D

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lobbies far too full
    They treat each area separately so it's a full amount of player per area, and they just load you in as you go.

Your camp
    It moves by itself and other player camps appear out of nowhere in front of you, your camp moves when you spawn in and you've to pay to put it somewhere else. you also only have the main camp you can't use those small tent + fire camp you could in the SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Managed to do the online intro on PS4 but got an error and still getting it now many hours after - 0x99395004. Seems a few are getting it & Rockstar are aware

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Apparently Xbox was/is having major issues with RDO.

Camp system is just broke, you pay to move it and it puts it somewhere where you didn't pick.

Love how they called it a beta to cover their asses though likely no way to have done large scale testing and avoid leaks of the world and locations before release?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Apparently Xbox was/is having major issues with RDO.

Yeah, I saw that, edited my post timadd I'm on PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The GTA V trick of checking your NAT to get a game by yourself doesn't work here. Disappointing if you wanna just enjoy the story without an onslaught.

Played for an hour or so, haven't died so curious about the penalty for death online. Can people loot your corpse and get everything from your body I wonder.

rizzla wrote: »
    The GTA V trick of checking your NAT to get a game by yourself doesn't work here. Disappointing if you wanna just enjoy the story without an onslaught.

Played for an hour or so, haven't died so curious about the penalty for death online. Can people loot your corpse and get everything from your body I wonder.

Only time I've died that mattered was when I'd a few pelts and a carcass, I lost the lost when I re spawned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Varik wrote: »
    lobbies far too full
    They treat each area separately so it's a full amount of player per area, and they just load you in as you go

Ah, was wondering why my general area had all the people in it. I thought it was to do with it being the starting area.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »

I tried looting someone I killed but didn’t get the option to!

Advertisement