Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

Theres no private free roam?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Rockstar official info about online

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=reddeadonline-11272018&utm_content=newswire

Interesting how honor plays a part and shapes a mission. High honour and strangers will ask for protection, low honour and they'll ask you break their friend out of jail, etc. Also story missions will change depending on your honour.

Sounds pretty awesome!

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Not too far away, just enough to be out of range for a rifle!

I like how Lone Stone liked this twice, the hopeless schmuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

You would need to be a right psycho to get bad honour it seems, you get good honour points for
    feeding your horse and skinning animals (resourcefulness)
    . Also it’s the same as gta v in that you don’t speak, so you don’t get the fun of antagonising people! I’ll keep with it to do the story, but after that...meh

Love how they called it a beta to cover their asses though likely no way to have done large scale testing and avoid leaks of the world and locations before release?

Ranked on R6 Siege is still in 'Beta' years after release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Im utterly amazed they haven't put in a fast travel option when you set up camp. Spent 50% of the time last night just riding back and forth to the same spots from mission to mission. A couple of hours of just tapping A. Its fúcking mental that they thought it would be a good idea to leave it out yet make the game 5 times bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Theres no fast travel at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

nix wrote: »

you can get a map that lets you fast travel from an upgrade at your camp, and you can use carrages at towns or train stations to fast travel.

There is. A half baked one as you can only move in one direction from camp.
    One of the strangest decisions for me, the fast travel system in RDR1 was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Would it be wise to create a separate thread for RDR2Online? It is going to get confusing trying to know what people are talking about and in essence they are two completely different games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There is from the gang camp, stagecoach, and train. And many missions fast travel your outbound or return journeys. There just isn't fast travel from the camp you set up in the wilderness. Presumedly because they put a lot of work into stranger missions, chance encounters, and character dialogue and wanted people to experience them en route to missions.

Personally I was only frustrated by the lack of more accessible fast travel twice in the game, both in chapter 6 and mostly due to the fact that I wanted to get on with the story. The rest of the time it's easy to let couple of missions in a certain area of the map build up before making the trip.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Would it be wise to create a separate thread for RDR2Online? It is going to get confusing trying to know what people are talking about and in essence they are two completely different games.

I would have thought the GTA forum would be the natural home for that stuff myself. I know it's not technically a GTA game but it kind of is....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Leroy42 wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108741374#post108741374

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I don't mind the lack of fast travel given that you can get a train/stagecoach from any town, my only problem is they could've done with another station up north somewhere, like Bacchus station.

I had the interactive map open last night and spent the whole time just going from place to place looking for cigarette cards, bones, face carvings, etc. and loved it doing it, you get to experience all the game has to offer doing it.

I don't mind the lack of fast travel given that you can get a train/stagecoach from any town, my only problem is they could've done with another station up north somewhere, like Bacchus station.

In chapter 6
    theres a couple of solid hours of a 20 minute horse ride followed by a 10 minute mission (which includes horse riding) and repeat and repeat and repeat. Literally hours of just getting back to somewhere you were for the last mission. And no trains nearby.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I would have thought the GTA forum would be the natural home for that stuff myself. I know it's not technically a GTA game but it kind of is....

How dare you!

I'm trying to give online a shot right now but it just seems to 'load' forever, cycling through those screenshots. I have already quit and restarted, same shıte. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Finally on to chapter 6

All i can say so far is
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm trying to give online a shot right now but it just seems to 'load' forever, cycling through those screenshots. I have already quit and restarted, same shıte. :(

Takes a while to load alright but once it does there's no more loading. Considering how big the world is it's pretty quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

Just some thoughts on the ending etc seeing as I've read through the spoilers :P

My ending was great, Arthur died honourably on the mountain. As someone mentioned earlier they tried to replicate the Metal Gear Solid thing with the fist fight final boss and it didn't quite land. However, one thing they did really really well with this story that MGS didn't do is tie the story back to the first game. They tied everything together so well imo; when I compare this story with how The Phantom Pain tried to do the same thing with its own story in that game, the two approaches are worlds apart.

I heard some complaints about the epilogue but I thought it was really great. It was kind of similar to the epilogue in the first game in that it slows the game down and you carry out mundane ranching tasks, but that's kind of the point. I also love how John is trying to return to normality yet he constantly gets drawn back into gunslinging. How many times does he say to Abigail "what choice did I have" after getting into a gunfight, I think she knows he enjoys it as it's all he knows.

Also, the entire epilogue is complete fan service. If you haven't played the first game, the epilogue would be kind of lost on you.

Some of the music that plays during the shootouts in the epilogue missions is absolutely epic too!

Did anyone else notice that when the "New Game Plus" begins i.e after the last epilogue mission, John and Abigail are standing in the very spots that they are ultimately buried in a few years later, which also happens to be the same spot where the new game plus begins in RDR1? Normally I would think I'm overly analysing this but such was the attention to detail in this game that I think this must have been intentional.

• Advertisement

Takes a while to load alright but once it does there's no more loading. Considering how big the world is it's pretty quick!

It was some sort if bug. Finally got in on third attempt, played for about an hour and then it crashed. I'm going to be forgiving though, its early doors and there is good potential here. Funnily enough I had to go online in RDR2 before I started to capture the excitement or RDR.

Will have another go tomorrow night probably... its looking pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Finally finished chapter 6 last night, but still not sure if I can read through any of those spoilers or if they spoil the epilogue too. Going to just wait until I finish the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Nal wrote: »
    Im utterly amazed they haven't put in a fast travel option when you set up camp. Spent 50% of the time last night just riding back and forth to the same spots from mission to mission. A couple of hours of just tapping A. Its fúcking mental that they thought it would be a good idea to leave it out yet make the game 5 times bigger.

Between the scenery, spot of hunting and chance encounters, this hasn't started to bug me yet anyway - I'm only on Chapter 3 so maybe it will eventually.

Between the scenery, spot of hunting and chance encounters, this hasn't started to bug me yet anyway - I'm only on Chapter 3 so maybe it will eventually.

You know when you build up a head of steam and just want to lash through a few missions and keep the momentum up? Thats when its annoying. May not be for others granted.

Its still fúcking mental thats theres no "skip to destination" or "travel to waypoint" option. ****ing insanely mental. What were they thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

The Nal wrote: »

Its still fúcking mental thats theres no "skip to destination" or "travel to waypoint" option. ****ing insanely mental. What were they thinking.

Ah it works for me without fast travel, you'd miss so much otherwise, last night for instance - I set off from
    Van Horn to O'Creaghs Run - along the way I found: A Legendary beaver, saved 3 people in distress, got ambushed twice, got a few perfect pelts for satchel upgrades, chased by a few wolves, got killed by a cougar, and arrived at my destination 2 and a half real world hours later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just some thoughts on the ending etc seeing as I've read through the spoilers :P

[~SPOILER] Normally I would think I'm overly analysing this but such was the attention to detail in this game that I think this must have been intentional. [/SPOILER]

No, that was totally intentional. At least, I'd like to think so too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It does actually get a bit tedious at times.

It's nearly too realistic, I get tired of having to feed, sleep, ride the bloody horse everywhere.

Even the hunting gets a bit irritating having to constantly travel back from your hunting grounds to offload pelts etc. I preferred RDR where you could just catch and carry as much as you wanted.

Still an epic game but definitely has its faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

im pretty close to being full in the red on the evilometer, what happens if i go full red and is there a way of getting it all back quickly. suppose i should stop murdering innocent people.

Jordan 199 wrote:
    Having polite convos with folk you meet and helping people will make you a good cowboy.

Going fishing and throwing the fish back brings up your honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah it's great to be able to keep up with this thread now that everyone is off playing Red Dead Monetization Online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement