Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Don’t like on line :eek: to many gun happy people around and having to start at very bottom is a pain..did a big long mission and only got 5 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Even the hunting gets a bit irritating having to constantly travel back from your hunting grounds to offload pelts etc. I preferred RDR where you could just catch and carry as much as you wanted.

See because it takes so fúcking long to get anywhere I can't be bothered with any of these side missions. I stopped paying attention to strangers in chapter 2 and Ill never play the game through again, which is a shame. As I must have played RDR through 10 times.

I've played 70 hours of the game now and 60 hours of that is just riding a horse through a path while tapping A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

As the crow flies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon there will be a fast travel update in the near future, once everyone has basically played the game. Well, that's what I hope anyway, once I'm finished with the story and side missions, a lack of fast travel will take away from my enjoyment post-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I reckon there will be a fast travel update in the near future, once everyone has basically played the game. Well, that's what I hope anyway, once I'm finished with the story and side missions, a lack of fast travel will take away from my enjoyment post-game.

Sure once that’s all done what do ya really need to fast travel for ? There’s noting really left in the world that you would wanna race there to it.

Single player is done this game will be an online service only now from here on out like gtav it worked there so they sure as **** are gonna repeat the same thing again can’t see rockstar investing in time for updates to the single player game like a new fast travel feature or new story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

FyzxPSL.jpg?1

R.I.P. whoever you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    FyzxPSL.jpg?1

R.I.P. whoever you are.

Probably R*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

mine stills say's coming soon any idea when it will unlock bleh it's getting frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lone Stone wrote: »
    mine stills say's coming soon any idea when it will unlock bleh it's getting frustrating :(

When did you buy it? Seems to unlock 1.30pm GMT every day so the last users 'should' have access to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

not sure but im definitly in the last unlock faze, hopefully it will pop at 1.30 those tree's gently blowing in the wind teasing me at all the fun im not having online !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Noticed that you can place a marker on the map in the single player last night, was that always there and I just missed it through derpiness?

Also found myself an antler knife randomly in the wild...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shiminay wrote: »
    Noticed that you can place a marker on the map in the single player last night, was that always there and I just missed it through derpiness?

Also found myself an antler knife randomly in the wild...

Yup was always there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Finally found out last night how to reverse a wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Are you keeping it to yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Are you keeping it to yourself :D

Hold R1 (PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nerdlingr wrote: »

I'm certain this doesn't always work. I have managed it but on an earlier mission every time I ran into something I got stuck. While I can remiss about it now with genuine mirth at the time I wasn't happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Fast travel AKA a quad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There's some might fine lookin' wagons in the game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

My semi auto revolver disappeared for about 30 hours, couldn't buy it in any shops, and it magically reappeared in the epilogue. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Nal wrote: »
    My semi auto revolver disappeared for about 30 hours, couldn't buy it in any shops, and it magically reappeared in the epilogue. :confused:

There was a bug with weapons disappearing. I think it might have been fixed in the recent update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm starting to appreciate the complaints about the wanted/bounty system. It's very inconsistent especially where story missions are concerned. Some story missions: commit minor crime while wearing a mask, instant bounty. Other story missions: massacre a town and its lawmen with loads of witnesses while wearing no mask, no bounty. At one point I had just completed a side mission that didn't even involve a crime and a pop-up informed me there was a witness miles away who had just seen me murder someone.

Leaving bounties unpaid is not a good option either as it seems to mess with some side missions causing you to be gunned down by lawmen who were ignoring you 5 minutes earlier.

The lawmen also seem to have a telepathic link to one another. Last night as I was getting chased out of Saint Denis for no particular reason I rode past a moving train and could hear the train guard yelling at me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Playing through the mission where you have to steal an oil wagon (been majorly procrastinating with story missions) and the wagon got shot three times. Oil pouring out of it for ages and I completed the mission, after the cut scene the oil is still pouring out but stopped from the higher two bullet holes. I watched the lowest one for a while and it gradually gets less pressurised before turning to a trickle and stopping.

Just made me pause the game and have a laugh to myself that they went to the effort to realistically and persistently model the physics of draining an oil tank with randomly placed bullet holes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

What’s the best locations and tactics to hunt grizzly bears? Are there many bears in the game?

I’ve looked online at locations etc but when i get there I can’t find any, saw one at barrows lagoon but it ran off into the woods and I spent ages looking for it tried bait etc but it just vanished and I gave up, whats the best way to attract them?

Any tips?

Calltocall wrote: »
    What’s the best locations and tactics to hunt grizzly bears? Are there many bears in the game?

I’ve looked online at locations etc but when i get there I can’t find any, saw one at barrows lagoon but it ran off into the woods and I spent ages looking for it tried bait etc but it just vanished and I gave up, whats the best way to attract them?

Any tips?

Is it for the trophy / achievement? Wallace Station, take the train there hop out head NW and you should get mauled. Get the train back to Saint Denis. Save and fully exit the game and head back to Wallace station. Spawned nearly every time I did it.

FYI if it runs away it's not a grizzly, it's a black bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Is it for the trophy / achievement? Wallace Station, take the train there hop out head NW and you should get mauled. Get the train back to Saint Denis. Save and fully exit the game and head back to Wallace station. Spawned nearly every time I did it.

FYI if it runs away it's not a grizzly, it's a black bear.

Cheers for reply, it’s just for general hunting not for trophies or even legendary animals , i wanted to take a break from the missions and really get into hunting but I’m thinking there aren’t many grizzlies around?? The only one i came across was in a mission but other than that can’t seem to find them in free roam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Calltocall wrote: »
    Cheers for reply, it’s just for general hunting not for trophies or even legendary animals , i wanted to take a break from the missions and really get into hunting but I’m thinking there aren’t many grizzlies around?? The only one i came across was in a mission but other than that can’t seem to find them in free roam

That spot I mentioned is a guaranteed one for the Grizzly, respawns after a couple of days or via the method I also mentioned if you are trying to get a 3* one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

DS86DS wrote: »

725 million dollars (give or take a few million) generated after the first three days. Of course they want to keep using their money printing machine, can't blame them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Fûck it they earned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fûck it they earned it.

No, you earned it and when you paid for the game you should have got the game.

Every other Dev gets tonnes of abuse about micro transactions yet R* seem to get a pass. They are the worst for it by a country mile.

Advertisement