Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No, you earned it and when you paid for the game you should have got the game.

Every other Dev gets tonnes of abuse about micro transactions yet R* seem to get a pass. They are the worst for it by a country mile.

I have spent exactly 0 on Rockstar games after the initial purchase and it has not effected my gameplay at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I don't have a PS4 (I sold mine like 2 years ago to pay for a gaming PC) but looking through some of the posts on here I'm honestly thinking of selling it just to get a PS4 pro with RDR2 just to experience this game. Is it worth it? I honestly am on two mind about it but with my Gaming PC I've played every game I've wanted to and got very little enjoyment out of it but RDR2 looks like the kind of game that would be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    I don't have a PS4 (I sold mine like 2 years ago to pay for a gaming PC) but looking through some of the posts on here I'm honestly thinking of selling it just to get a PS4 pro with RDR2 just to experience this game. Is it worth it? I honestly am on two mind about it but with my Gaming PC I've played every game I've wanted to and got very little enjoyment out of it but RDR2 looks like the kind of game that would be worth it.

I gave away my PS4 to my nephews in January. They had an X1 but all of their mates were playing Fortnite on PS4. I didn't really regret it, apart from God of War. I was happy just clearing off my indie and classic RPG backlog on my MacBook. I said to myself I'd hold off for a PS5. Or maybe buy a Switch, just for something different.

Enter RDR2. On Black Friday I bought a PS4 Slim bundle with this game for €249.99. It's safe to say that I'm satisfied with my purchase.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd not intention of getting a PS4, until RDR2 came out. No regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jamiekelly wrote: »

Just to play this don't get a pro. 1 or 2 years away from expected release for next gen. Go for the cheapest option imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

That spot I mentioned is a guaranteed one for the Grizzly, respawns after a couple of days or via the method I also mentioned if you are trying to get a 3* one

Found it! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fair play to ya, great post. And fair play to me for reading it all. Even though I'm finished the story and solely playing online now, your post has made me want to go back and play on first person. I miss chatting to Sadie #IWantSadieDLC

Seriously? ANGTFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

c0k8icadu5121.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cant see this not coming to PC.

As with GTA it will most likely be the best version of the game if ye have a decent gaming PC.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cant see this not coming to PC.

As with GTA it will most likely be the best version of the game if ye have a decent gaming PC.

Not sure, it'll be 50/50. When GTA came out PC players were up in arms with it not being on PC. Probably the only reason it came to PC was because so many thought it should be on PC. Haven't seen much talk of PC players wanting it to be released. GTA is the bigger game mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not sure, it'll be 50/50. When GTA came out PC players were up in arms with it not being on PC. Probably the only reason it came to PC was because so many thought it should be on PC. Haven't seen much talk of PC players wanting it to be released. GTA is the bigger game mind you.

Id say most PC gamers arent up in arms because theres an expectation now RDR will eventually be on PC just like GTA.

If R* announced tomorrow that it wasnt coming to PC im sure you would have a lot more vocal people.

I see the chances of it not appearing on PC as zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

When in Saint Denis and come out of shop and horse is surrounded by people do not sprint up to horse and press Y as you will rugby tackle someone nearby and become wanted. Found out the hard way.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id say most PC gamers arent up in arms because theres an expectation now RDR will eventually be on PC just like GTA.

If R* announced tomorrow that it wasnt coming to PC im sure you would have a lot more vocal people.

I see the chances of it not appearing on PC as zero.

Yeah definitely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When in Saint Denis and come out of shop and horse is surrounded by people do not sprint up to horse and press Y as you will rugby tackle someone nearby and become wanted. Found out the hard way.

This might have been because you had your fist selected in the weapon wheel. I always have my sidearm equipped but holstered and have never accidentally punched or attacked an NPC.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I have a lot to say as someone who is playing the game for the first time now that the post-launch hype and recent-bias has somewhat died down. There isn't any story spoilers here, only stuff about random encounters which I've tagged.

Great post , I'd agree with a lot of what you said but you articulated it far better than I could have. Off topic I know but from that post I got the impression you code/program for a living. It smacked of structure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hilariously, the game knows that the controls are complicated so the tutorials never stop repeating. It doesn’t help that the tutorials seems to appear in real-time...in a game that doesn’t allow you to take your time during missions to figure things out before auto-falling, and there seems to be no log for the last thing you learned from what I can see. How anyone can play it without HUD is beyond me.

This is especially true of duels, I've had around 3 or 4 of them at this stage and still haven't a clue as to what you're actually supposed to do. Trying to take time to read the tutorial means I get killed instantly so now I just hit R2 immediately to win, I'm guessing there's actually a strategy to it though.

Another area of annoyance is the wanted system, I've had several unfair bounties where I had no intention of doing something wrong. As one example I walked into a saloon, some drunken idiot challenged me to a duel but passed out on the road before we drew weapons. There was a wagon coming down the road so I picked the guy up to clear the road and suddenly a witness is reporting a kidnap and within 10 seconds I'm wanted and the entire town starts shooting at me!?

Small details but in such a stunning game they stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just found out that the guy who plays Micah, Peter Blomquist, is the same guy who played Dr Harlan Fontane in L.A Noire, another game that was published by Rockstar games. I remember playing that game years ago and being very impressed with his work on that game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just found out that the guy who plays Micah, Peter Blomquist, is the same guy who played Dr Harlan Fontane in L.A Noire, another game that was published by Rockstar games. I remember playing that game years ago and being very impressed with his work on that game too.

2 fairly distinct voices there, from what I remember!
    Great work :)

His face weirds me out, cos of the great part he played in L.A. Noire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,349 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

After I finish a session of RDR2 I can't wait until I can play again, but I'm also so bloody frustrated with the controls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I came across a guy in the mountains asking for help so I agreed to give him a lift as he was begging turns out he pulled me off my horse and took off. Luckily I was on the ball and whipped out my pistol and fired one shot to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I came across a guy in the mountains asking for help so I agreed to give him a lift as he was begging turns out he pulled me off my horse and took off. Luckily I was on the ball and whipped out my pistol and fired one shot to the head.

I lost my Arabian that I spent a week in real time trying to capture. Had no dead eye and by the time I had myself sorted he was gone. Man that was a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently if you whistle when that happens your horse will buck the thief off, might depend of your bond level though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yep a whistle will rear the horse and throw the guy off it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone gone to Aberdeen Pig Farm near Pleasence at dusk yet?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great post Phantom Pain - completely agree re: controls. I wouldn't mind but the perfect fix already exists, but I don't know why companies won't support it - mouse and keyboard! I'd have played the whole game in First Person if I could use a mouse and keyboard (as I did with GTA V when it eventually made it to PC). Trying to jam so many mechanical things onto a kids toy like a controller is beyond frustrating. I keep experiencing problems when the controller has decided I lifted my finger off L1 and takes me out of the radial menu and suddenly decides to draw a gun on someone. I've had at least 4 Stranger encounters go wrong because of the controls being so awkward and obtuse.

The Nal wrote: »
    Anyone gone to Aberdeen Pig Farm near Pleasence at dusk yet?!

That was an experience!

Advertisement