Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Nal wrote: »
    Anyone gone to Aberdeen Pig Farm near Pleasence at dusk yet?!

Yeah just last night, seriously messed up.

There's so much more to this game than the story missions. It's a true epic, I can see why it spent 8 yrs in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

In and out of online the last few nights ... haven’t really got the time to get stuck in proper yet hopefully this weekend.
    Currently just doing some free roaming in story mode and just got up to max bounty and have great craic fighting off the hordes of bounty hunters ..
    Snuck into valentine and kidnapped the sheriff...mayhem ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

In relation to gold medals in missions does all objectives in a mission hve to be successful in one go to get gold or can it be gradual? As in I get 3/4 so I got silver so next time I replay mission I just need the one for gold? Thanks!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

@Shiminay. Yeah I can't help but think that, like Fallout, the controls just lend itself better to PC. I imagine selecting items in your satchel would be so much easier with just a simple primary click.

Question: I've heard there are missable trophies in this game and whilst I am not hardcore going for Platinum it would be nice.
    I've heard that 'Breaking and Entering' (do 4 robberies) is one of the missables and that apparently the Pig Farm counts towards this.
    I saw the skull in the couple's wardobe
    so I decided to hogtie the woman in her room but husband rubberbanded to me and started shooting. I had no choice but to kill him and leave her tied up.

I still looted most of the house (couldn't take items that were full in my inventory) and found the stash at the back. Does that count? Or did I literally have to have dinner with them?

The rob 4 homesteads one unlocked naturally through missions for me but it can be done in free roam anyway. The main real missable ones are to do all the optional honour missions, do a companion activity in each camp and retrieve a certain number oof item requests for companions I think.
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    In relation to gold medals in missions does all objectives in a mission hve to be successful in one go to get gold or can it be gradual? As in I get 3/4 so I got silver so next time I replay mission I just need the one for gold? Thanks!

You have to do all 4 in one go and apparently it's easier to do them as you progress the story because you will have better gear than if you repaly them from the options menu. If you replay them it doesn't give you your own gear it just gives you the bare minimum needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Finished the game and now just running about with the cheats on. Much more fun. Couldn't be arsed with achievements etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Just finished the main game :(

Don't read this spoiler if you haven't moved on to the epilogues.
    Could not believe poor Arthur went out in such a way, I hated Micah so much and really wanted that **** to suffer. He ended up shooting Arthur in the head, I felt totally gutted so I replayed from an earlier save and the end result was the same :( must be an honor thing.

Think I'm going to reload and replay from a save point just after getting back from Guarma.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DK32 wrote: »
    Just finished the main game :(

Don't read this spoiler if you haven't moved on to the epilogues.
    Could not believe poor Arthur went out in such a way, I hated Micah so much and really wanted that **** to suffer. He ended up shooting Arthur in the head, I felt totally gutted so I replayed from an earlier save and the end result was the same :( must be an honor thing.

Think I'm going to reload and replay from a save point just after getting back from Guarma.

Yupp an honour thing...
    I finished with top honour and after an intense fist fight, Micah runs off while Arthur rests against the mountainside gazing at the sunset. He then gets up to find his TB cured, he meets up with Sadie who head east, settle down on a farm and start a family together. Both live extremely happily ever after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    Wishful thinking Sheehy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp an honour thing...
    I finished with top honour and after an intense fist fight, Micah runs off while Arthur rests against the mountainside gazing at the sunset. He then gets up to find his TB cured, he meets up with Sadie who head east, settle down on a farm and start a family together. Both live extremely happily ever after.

Lol..

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ^^^
    Wishful thinking Sheehy :D

Shut it you, that's exactly how it played out....in my head :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shut it you, that's exactly how it played out....in my head :pac:

I believe that
    Lenny and Arthur are partying away up in heaven :) Despite them being video game characters and despite me being atheist, they are still in heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I am only in Chapter 2 but I should probably stick this question in a spoiler anyway. It may have been asked previously, but this thread is too big.
    So I seem to have done every story mission on the map (yellow blobs) and all side quests (white blobs) apart from rescuing Javier Escuella from Blackwater.

The area around it is red on the map and the first time I went in I was immediately gunned down. The second time I was a bit more stealthy and climbed up from the river. However, when I get to the yellow marker, it turns grey with a lock symbol on it and there's a guy called Charles (I think?) standing there with little to offer but general small talk.

Without any spoilers, is this mission for a later part of the game? There doesn't appear to be much else for me to do at this stage but wander the prairies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Paladonia wrote: »
    I am only in Chapter 2 but I should probably stick this question in a spoiler anyway. It may have been asked previously, but this thread is too big.
    So I seem to have done every story mission on the map (yellow blobs) and all side quests (white blobs) apart from rescuing Javier Escuella from Blackwater.

The area around it is red on the map and the first time I went in I was immediately gunned down. The second time I was a bit more stealthy and climbed up from the river. However, when I get to the yellow marker, it turns grey with a lock symbol on it and there's a guy called Charles (I think?) standing there with little to offer but general small talk.

Without any spoilers, is this mission for a later part of the game? There doesn't appear to be much else for me to do at this stage but wander the prairies.
    Think you have to go at night time from what I remember

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Paladonia wrote: »

Missions won't activate if there's lawmen or bounty hunters on your trail - that's what the lock symbol means. And once missions do lock you usually need to ride away a certain distance for it reactivate again. But all the dawdling can draw more lawmen/bounty hunters to your location causing it to lock again.

For that mission: stay off the roads, keep moving and give Blackwater itself a wide berth and you should get to the mission start point just fine. Lawmen will appear on your map before they see you.
    Think you have to go at night time from what I remember

I don't think it makes any difference. On my first playthrough I trotted to the mission location in the middle of day without an ounce of trouble by staying off the roads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Definitely does not need to be night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Chapter 5/6
    After learning about Arthur having TB, I feel bad controlling him now. Like, with his condition I shouldn't still be doing the stuff I'm doing, and I know it's only a game, but it's after putting a bit of a damper on my enjoyment. It also has bme questioning what condition he will be in post game when I want to clear stuff up. Don't think I could enjoy the rest of the game post credits if he looks like he's about to die at any second. Effective, maybe too much so in my case.
    I'm hoping to be finished the main story before the weekend, but I'm one of those who will do all the white quests before the yellow ones, so may take longer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Except for that sh*t head Micah, I was really nice to all my fellow gang members, so I found this video of Arthur acting like an a**hole around camp really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I just finished the main story. I think I am on mission 2 of the epilogue.
    Please tell me we meet back up with Micah. I hated him so much from the start, is there any sort of resolution to that, or am I just going to have to pretend he got was coming to him?

On a side note, after 8 years, this was well worth the wait. Curious to see if they do some Undead Nightmare type DLC.

Seriously, that's a massive spoiler. Put some spoiler tags on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Too late.. sigh...

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I blame myself for not finishing the story when I should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

fcuk sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

People seriously need to cop on and start using spoiler tags. There's some awful idiots on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any tips for earning good cash online? Its already feeling like a bit of a slog, after 3 nights of playing i only have around 120 dollars and ive bought nothing. The return on doing missions seems low to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any tips for earning good cash online? Its already feeling like a bit of a slog, after 3 nights of playing i only have around 120 dollars and ive bought nothing. The return on doing missions seems low to me.

In the online thread here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057933257/5/#post108793623

It seems like everyone is having the same problem, it's a huge slog because of the economy being so broken, I'd wait to see how they patch it this week, might give more for missions or reduce pricing. Maybe even both hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

astradave wrote: »
    In the online thread here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057933257/5/#post108793623

It seems like everyone is having the same problem, it's a huge slog because of the economy being so broken, I'd wait to see how they patch it this week, might give more for missions or reduce pricing. Maybe even both hopefully.

Thanks for that i didnt realise there was a seperate thread for online

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

weiland79 wrote: »

hit valentine, there are plenty of pens with live stock (pigs & sheep) in them rope them up and then melee kill them skin them and bring the carcass to the butcher sell the whole lot with meet, skin and carcass for like $5 then rinse and repeat, also you can do this 2 at a time carry one carcass and put one on your horse. you get money way quicker this way than any mission I have done

I ran into
    Mary Beth
    after finishing the game, sat on a bench at the trian station in Valentine. Could have missed that only out of the corner of my eye I noticed the LT character name on the bottom right of the screen and ran back.

I ran into
    Mary Beth
    after finishing the game, sat on a bench at the trian station in Valentine. Could have missed that only out of the corner of my eye I noticed the LT character name on the bottom right of the screen and ran back.

Apparently, there are multiple characters like that at different points of the map. Check out the park in St Denis for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement