Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

Sean whipping out the lad :pac:

Probably should be considered a mid-game spoiler so beware

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm past that camp so missed that scene. Good job you posted it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Micah's interactions with Charles and Javier were the best.

I got two tips to break into two houses after
    shooting the chain cuffs off escaped prisoners.
    That was a while back and only this evening figured out how to find the notes where they are.

One house was a
    fisherman down south
    but I went there collecting money for the money lender back at the camp so never bothered going back as I figured I was there already so not much point.

The second house was
    right up the top of the map to the right
    . So I went there and the house is locked.
    I shot at the door knob, threw a stick of grenade at the door, tried to kick it open shot out a window completely so I could get in but he would never climb in so around back there are barrels up to the height of the window so I shot that one out completely also and dropped down low while sneaking thing I would just go through the window but no.
    So how the hell are you suppose to rob the house when there is no way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

That was a while back and only this evening figured out how to find the notes where they are.

One house was a
    fisherman down south
    but I went there collecting money for the money lender back at the camp so never bothered going back as I figured I was there already so not much point.

The second house was
    I shot at the door knob, threw a stick of grenade at the door, tried to kick it open shot out a window completely so I could get in but he would never climb in so around back there are barrels up to the height of the window so I shot that one out completely also and dropped down low while sneaking thing I would just go through the window but no.

Think some of the houses come up during the main storyline and you can't rob them until after that, I may be wrong here though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One house was a
    fisherman down south

The second house was

Is the second house
    Willard's Rest? On the very edge of the map? That only unlocks in chapter 6. It's really a stranger mission. There's 3 parts with a chance to go back in the epilogue. It will appear on your map when it's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Long since finished the game, but had a little chuckle to myself when I remembered this little bit from the epilogues:
    John had begun filling in Arthur's sketch pad, telling someone (I can't remember who) that he's become 'quite the artist' himself these days. Then later you get to see some of his work and it's a pile of ****e
    :D :pac:

God, I wish I was only starting it anew again :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

End game..
    anyone else find the epilogue sort of ruins the ending? It's long, boring and distancing me from my memory of Arthur, I feel I need to play though it to complete it as it just have some purpose..but I don't really want, I want to load a save from my back and free play again as Arthur

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

End game..
    anyone else find the epilogue sort of ruins the ending? It's long, boring and distancing me from my memory of Arthur, I feel I need to play though it to complete it as it just have some purpose..but I don't really want, I want to load a save from my back and free play again as Arthur

I absolutely loved the epilogues.
    I was worried when I read people saying they were too long but I found them perfect. I miss Arthur but one day I'll play through again up to chapter 2 I think and refuse to do the money collecting mission so I never get TB. I then live out my life hunting, fishing and helping folk on the road

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

End game..

No,
    I thought the epilogue was very effective. This is what Arthur died for. And it helps explain the person John became: trying to be two people at once as Arthur put it. However, if you didn't play the previous game it may not be as meaningful.

Re: the memory of Arthur, if there's any unfinished stranger missions that you started as him, go back as John.

You also only gain access to the full map as John

• Advertisement

No,
    I thought the epilogue was very effective. This is what Arthur died for. And it helps explain the person John became: trying to be two people at once as Arthur put it. However, if you didn't play the previous game it may not be as meaningful.

Re: the memory of Arthur, if there's any unfinished stranger missions that you started as him, go back as John.

You also only gain access to the full map as John
    well it felt meaningful for the first 20 mins maybe.. then it became a drag and then a bit annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

well it felt meaningful for the first 20 mins maybe.. then it became a drag and then a bit annoying
    Also fills in what people complained about on the 1st game about not being able to play as John after the main story was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,565 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also fills in what people complained about on the 1st game about not being able to play as John after the main story was over.
    The only issue now is that I don't want to play as John. Now I want to play as Arthur!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

At this point
    I've probably played more hours as John. Doing stranger missions, running about killing people, getting into Fort Wallace etc.

Question and I've not seen anything clear online.

If you ignore all the stranger missions prior to the epilogue will they still all be available?
    I plan on replaying the game and would be interested to know.
    As in will John have all the stranger missions instead of Arthur

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Aren't the stranger missions somewhat time sensitive (time in the story line rather than actual time)?

Question and I've not seen anything clear online.

If you ignore all the stranger missions prior to the epilogue will they still all be available?
    I plan on replaying the game and would be interested to know.
    As in will John have all the stranger missions instead of Arthur

Pretty much, yes. But there are some side missions that are tied to the main story and will disappear. They are mainly in chapter 4 and 6 and are honour related. They usually involve characters from the story.
    You can also start most stranger missions as Arthur and finish them as John which can lead to some interesting interactions. There's at least one exception to this, a mission which restarts instead of resuming.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Aren't the stranger missions somewhat time sensitive (time in the story line rather than actual time)?

Yeah, they unlock gradually over the course of the story. They are quite well designed that way. So you could return to an area in later chapters to discover a new stranger mission that wasn't there before. Also, some stranger missions are clearly kinda meant to be done at certain points in the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

There are moments in this game that are staggering but I can’t help but feel that the open world dilutes the experience. The gamey aspects really pull me out of it at times and something like TLOU does more with a lot less.

It’s a shame that so few big developers see linearity as a good thing. Still though, riding with the gang through the trees with violins going is something special.

There are moments in this game that are staggering but I can’t help but feel that the open world dilutes the experience. The gamey aspects really pull me out of it at times and something like TLOU does more with a lot less.

It’s a shame that so few big developers see linearity as a good thing. Still though, riding with the gang through the trees with violins going is something special.

Those moments where the whole gang ride out are my favourites, you can just feel the excitement in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I love the missions when you're progressing through gun fights with hords of enemies coming at you, and the spaghetti Western music starts kicking in, you feel like a young Clint Eastwood. Absolutley epic.

• Advertisement

Roger Clark just won the award for Best Performance at the The Game Awards. I suppose that's close to an Oscar or Golden Globes for video games.

I found the tail end of the campaign to be anti-climatic.
    One minute Arthur is dead, and without getting a chance to really digest it, you're listening to honky-tonk music and milking cows. I would have preferred if the credits rolled after the first ending, so you could properly reflect on the game and feel the impact of Arthur's death. Then the epilogue could have been available from the menu.

Something about the pacing of the final hours was off as well, it really started to drag. I kinda just wanted to be finished and get done with it rather than properly enjoying Chapter 6 and the Epilogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Roger Clark just won the award for Best Performance at the The Game Awards. I suppose that's close to an Oscar or Golden Globes for video games.

Our Boah done good. The Irishness coming through in the speech :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I found the tail end of the campaign to be anti-climatic.
    One minute Arthur is dead, and without getting a chance to really digest it, you're listening to honky-tonk music and milking cows. I would have preferred if the credits rolled after the first ending, so you could properly reflect on the game and feel the impact of Arthur's death. Then the epilogue could have been available from the menu.

Something about the pacing of the final hours was off as well, it really started to drag. I kinda just wanted to be finished and get done with it rather than properly enjoying Chapter 6 and the Epilogues.
    After the excitement and unknown nature of of Chapter 5, Chapter 6 and the Epilogues we're boring slogs I just wanted to get through them and be done with it. Chapter 6 in particular was a total snoozefest, just riding horses up to the Indian reservation and back again for a couple of minutes of action and a few minutes of a cut scene each time. Outside of tapping A, theres about 10 minutes of playable game across the whole of chapter 6. The rest is cut scenes and looking at your horses arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Riddle101 wrote: »

Well deserved. There's a scene and a short line late on in chapter 6 that is
    just heart-breaking with the way he delivers it, the scene with the nun "I'm afraid..."
    . Really stood out as some of the best voice-acting I've heard in a game. Especially...
    with how he has to change it up late game with Arthur getting sicker and sicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

I played my first online session tonight. Had a great laugh with a mate despite communicating via WhatsApp. However I need a headset. Can anyone recommend something for about €30-€40. That's very cheap but I just want clean sounding conversation. Something to keep me going until after Xmas.

Neon Demon wrote: »
    I played my first online session tonight. Had a great laugh with a mate despite communicating via WhatsApp. However I need a headset. Can anyone recommend something for about €30-€40. That's very cheap but I just want clean sounding conversation. Something to keep me going until after Xmas.

Which console?

Just a bit more from the Game Awards. The music from Red Dead 2 was performed on the show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

Which console?

Sorry, PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dya not have that little earpiece/mic that comes with the PS4?

Advertisement