Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grayditch wrote: »
    Dya not have that little earpiece/mic that comes with the PS4?

That's the one I use, works a treat and more comfy than the big headsets in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I found the tail end of the campaign to be anti-climatic.
    One minute Arthur is dead, and without getting a chance to really digest it, you're listening to honky-tonk music and milking cows. I would have preferred if the credits rolled after the first ending, so you could properly reflect on the game and feel the impact of Arthur's death. Then the epilogue could have been available from the menu.

Something about the pacing of the final hours was off as well, it really started to drag. I kinda just wanted to be finished and get done with it rather than properly enjoying Chapter 6 and the Epilogues.

Guarma and everything after, i was just going through the motions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

Grayditch wrote: »
    Dya not have that little earpiece/mic that comes with the PS4?

This is more detail than you bargained for but I've got psoriasis in both ear canals. An in-ear piece would irritate the life out of me. In saying that I completely forgot about it so it's an option at least. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just a bit more from the Game Awards. The music from Red Dead 2 was performed on the show too.

No Rang Dang Doo?

I was working on the gambling challenges last night, the one for beating the dealer in blackjack with 5 cards is a f'n pain. I eventually got two, so only needed one more .... an hour later i'm still at it but have 20 with 5 cards , dealer has 10 and 8 so I like my chances this time, bastard drew 3 aces :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just arrived
    on that island
    and had a lot of good stuff in my pouch.
    Do I get my guns and stuff back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

spoilers.

Yes, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was working on the gambling challenges last night, the one for beating the dealer in blackjack with 5 cards is a f'n pain. I eventually got two, so only needed one more .... an hour later i'm still at it but have 20 with 5 cards , dealer has 10 and 8 so I like my chances this time, bastard drew 3 aces :mad:

you'd have been justified shooting him in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The stealth missions in this are like something from 2002. I think a new engine might be needed for GTA 6 or whatever comes next for Rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The stealth missions in this are like something from 2002. I think a new engine might be needed for GTA 6 or whatever comes next for Rockstar.

The one where you go down and gather the
    Indian artefacts from the soldier camp
    is absolutely appalling. If you play it like they want it's the worst stealth section I've played in since Fahrenheit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Speaking of that mission, I really dislike the way the honour system is integrated into the story. For example:
    - Kill a few corrupt soldiers: -5 honour
    - Help Sadie get revenge by massacring a gang on the far side of the map who were no threat to you despite giving out to Dutch for the same thing a few missions earlier: +20 honour
    - Refuse to help Sadie wade through rivers of blood because revenge is wrong: -20 honour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ERG89 wrote: »
    The one where you go down and gather the
    Indian artefacts from the soldier camp
    is absolutely appalling. If you play it like they want it's the worst stealth section I've played in since Fahrenheit.

Today is the day I realised that mission was meant to be stealth. I went in all guns blazing with a pump action :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I finished it
    And knowing how the original played out , i'd love to be able to play on to the original from this

amazing game I can't get enough of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If anyone has the offical ps headsets, i strongly recommened gettin the headset app on the ps4.
    You get to optimize your headset but they have a red dead 2 optimization ready to go. Its insane,

The sound in this game is superb

I finished epilogue 2 last night. Epic stuff. As mentioned above, being able to continue straight into the first game would be amazing if rockstar would implement it. It would be the best DLC of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I finished epilogue 2 last night. Epic stuff. As mentioned above, being able to continue straight into the first game would be amazing if rockstar would implement it. It would be the best DLC of all time.

On that note -
    RDR2 finishes in 1907. RDR starts in 1911 so assuming RDR3 could be between 1907 and 1911?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Speaking of the epilogue:

It might be fake but two people on two different platforms have posted videos of an extremely unusual glitch in which:
    epilogue John starts talking like adult Jack from the epilogue of RDR1. It seems to be newly recorded audio as well rather than merely being lifted from RDR1.

Obviously people are suggesting this is evidence that Rockstar is working on a dlc of a remastered RDR1. I remain very sceptical though.

The Nal wrote: »
    On that note -
    RDR2 finishes in 1907. RDR starts in 1911 so assuming RDR3 could be between 1907 and 1911?

I imagine John running the ranch for a few years before maybe getting arrested in St. Denis or something to explain why he arrived on the ferry with Agent Ross at the start of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Interesting...

I imagine John running the ranch for a few years before maybe getting arrested in St. Denis or something to explain why he arrived on the ferry with Agent Ross at the start of the first game.
    But Agents Ross and Fordham are seen at the end of RDR2 discovering John at Beechers Hope in 1907. The ferry scene is in 1911. Surely they don't wait 4 years to approach him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,565 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But Agents Ross and Fordham are seen at the end of RDR2 discovering John at Beechers Hope in 1907. The ferry scene is in 1911. Surely they don't wait 4 years to approach him?
    I don't think the Ross & Fordham scene is specifically 1907. I think those clips just show events which happen between the games.

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think the Ross & Fordham scene is specifically 1907. I think those clips just show events which happen between the games.

Aha fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Our Boah done good. The Irishness coming through in the speech :)

I actually thought his performance wasn't amazing. Arthur's accent sounded a bit forced to me.

Had no idea he was raised in Ireland, his regular accent sounds exactly like Dylan Moran's :eek:.

Penn wrote: »

I went to Rhodes right after the credits ended to meet the new shopkeeper at the general store so some of those clips at least take place immediately.
    There was a stranger mission with the two escaped prisoners Mr White and Mr Black available to play again. I had done this with Arthur but it was playable again with John for some reason. Haven't had time to play yet to see if more stranger missions can be played post credits.

Who knows, maybe Dutch disappeared again for a few years before setting up in Cochinay and the feds decide to use John to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The only thing
    That's a little bit sad is you can't play after the credits as Arthur really missed him after a while playing as John

Defintely my game of the year , thinking of starting again and playing differently I tried to be good as much as I could and with Arthur the way he is I found it very hard to be downright bad with him the more I got to know the character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

There was a stranger mission with the two escaped prisoners Mr White and Mr Black available to play again.
    I had done this with Arthur but it was playable again with John for some reason. Haven't had time to play yet to see if more stranger missions can be played post credits.
    I’d spoiler tag that for those who haven’t finished the game yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is it possible to own a sombrero? I just took a large wide one off a guy I killed but it doesn't save of course, so now I'm wondering if I can get my own one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

And knowing how the original played out , i'd love to be able to play on to the original from this
    I just installed my Xbox 360 copy of RDR onto my Xbox One, and I'm going to start playing it later today.

Advertisement