Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Finally won a big game of poker. Made €25 out it so not bad. I usually play until either I lose or grow tired of the game, but this time I played right through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Finally won a big game of poker. Made €25 out it so not bad. I usually play until either I lose or grow tired of the game, but this time I played right through to the end.

What I found with poker in this is that it's not worth the time. Grand if you're only looking to relax and play a bit of poker, it can be fine, but as a game mechanic for making money, the return is not worth the time investment, even in St. Denis.

What I found with poker in this is that it's not worth the time. Grand if you're only looking to relax and play a bit of poker, it can be fine, but as a game mechanic for making money, the return is not worth the time investment, even in St. Denis.

I mainly play it to relax, but if I play a big game I do get a satisfaction out of winning and taking all the winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Riddle101 wrote: »

I don't know how to play poker so I usually lose and then I fire bomb everyone

The Nal wrote: »

The game is actually helping me learn how to play poker. Never really played it before I got Red Dead 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone have issues with camp request items not being where their supposed to be? Couldn't find the pocket mirror or Pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only played the poker cos it’s part of the challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Nal wrote: »

They have instructions for all the games in one of the menus.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dr. Bre wrote:
    Only played the poker cos it’s part of the challenges

I miss Liar's Dice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fix your spoiler tags there bahh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Fix your spoiler tags there bahh

Ah jaysus it came up blacked out to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,898 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I wish I could master Fiver Finger Fillet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Chapter 5 is one of the most misguided things I’ve ever seen in a huge game. Just so badly done.

Spent most of it just shaking my head. Really hurt the overall pacing of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Chapter 5 is one of the most misguided things I’ve ever seen in a huge game. Just so badly done.
    I thought it was excellent personally. Was not expecting it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has anyones horse just dropped dead all of a sudden?

I was in having a meal in Van Horn and when I came out my horse was on the ground dead. There was no option to revive him.

Pretty pissed off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Has anyones horse just dropped dead all of a sudden?

I was in having a meal in Van Horn and when I came out my horse was on the ground dead. There was no option to revive him.

Pretty pissed off about it.

Were you feeding him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,898 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Van Horn is some rough joint. I don't go there unless I have to.

Were you feeding him?

Probably not often enough. An apple or oatcakes about every couple of days.

I had been riding him very hard leading up to his death. I was chased down from O'Creaghs Run to Annesburg by a group of Bounty hunters and I think he took a few bullet wounds himself in the course of the chase.

I'm so immersed in the game at this stage that I'm actually really sorry about him. :o

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Van Horn is some rough joint. I don't go there unless I have to.

Jesus ya, the locals in the saloon will fight you in an instant. All it takes is one antagonising comment.

The next thing the entire town start opening fire.

Jesus ya, the locals in the saloon will fight you in an instant. All it takes is one antagonising comment.

The next thing the entire town start opening fire.

Butchers Creek is worse, one wrong move and you end up shooting the whole village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Butchers Creek is worse, one wrong move and you end up shooting the whole village.

I find the residents of Van Horn a lot harder to kill though, I can handle Obediah & Co fairly handy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

Youtuber called Nakeyjakey just uploaded a really good video about the game. Sums up how I feel about it really. Story is fantastic, the characters are great, but man, the missions aren't anything special in terms of gameplay really.

Probably not often enough. An apple or oatcakes about every couple of days.

I had been riding him very hard leading up to his death. I was chased down from O'Creaghs Run to Annesburg by a group of Bounty hunters and I think he took a few bullet wounds himself in the course of the chase.

I'm so immersed in the game at this stage that I'm actually really sorry about him. :o

You have to go into settings and check his weight. I do it often as well as check on Arthur's weight also. You would be surprised how often you have to feed both of them.

I'm the same regarding being attached to my horse so much so that I have not purchased a better stats horse.

Tip for the final bandit challenge and making it super easy
    keep buying train tickets, when you get to the station run to the back of the train and in the carriage after the passenger ones you will see a crate on the left with a can of food on it, picking this up counts as robbery but no attention from the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So ploughed through a few missions in Chapter 6 last night and I just want it to end. Being wanted DoA and not having the ability to fast travel within that region has really dragged out this last chapter and I'm still struggling to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ive been on the
    epilogues
    for about 2 weeks now. Finding it a slog to finish. Started out brilliantly in the snow, set the story up for something epic... and then it was a just descended into endlessly listening to Dutch going on about "we need more money!" :rolleyes::(

I'm glad to get off that damn
    island.

I do not read the spoilers in this thread or even websites online about the game but I'm starting to think there
    is a rat
    in the gang.

Seems like they
    get set up too often

Well my hunch was right. I'm in Chapter VI now and the
    rat got shot by a shot gun. I was a bit surprised by Arthur's response to it considering they are a out law gang and he knew the rules.

Has anyone else found the braithwaite secret? Found some woman locked up in outhouse or something, just outside the braithwaite manor.It looks like she might be crazy or has mental health issues. Arthur writes about it in his journal that people like her don't get treated very well so I'm lead to believe she might mental health issues and was locked up or something, but i'm just guessing. I tried to break her out but was unable to, tried shooting the chain and I even used dynamite but nothing worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ive been on the
    epilogues
    for about 2 weeks now. Finding it a slog to finish. Started out brilliantly in the snow, set the story up for something epic... and then it was a just descended into endlessly listening to Dutch going on about "we need more money!" :rolleyes::(

Actually finding the epilogues quite interesting. Nice change of a pace from a gang in meltdown on the run with Pinkertons breathing down their neck to a family man trying to go straight moonlighting as a gun slinger.The skinner gang are some shower of psychos the fiercest gang in the game.
    Had the most enjoyable intense gun fights with them punctuated with psychos charging you with machetes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

20silkcut wrote: »
    Actually finding the epilogues quite interesting. Nice change of a pace from a gang in meltdown on the run with Pinkertons breathing down their neck to a family man trying to go straight moonlighting as a gun slinger.The skinner gang are some shower of psychos the fiercest gang in the game.
    Had the most enjoyable intense gun fights with them punctuated with psychos charging you with machetes.
    Yeah i loved the skinner gang too, probably my favourite gang in it! I actually like the epilogue as such, john putting his hat/gear back on was a great moment, brought a smile to my face... but a rare moment at that. I liked what they tried to do with the epilogue but when i built the house it was back to doing chores round the house/farm again - which we know from the gang camps has no real bearing on anything.
    I haven't finished it yet so i expect them to tie it all together .. and i really like most of the missions in the epilogue...getting married, building the house etc etc ..but its just dragging to its inevitable conclusion for me. maybe if they got rid of chapter five, and less..."we need more money"... had more actual gang related activity - more robbing banks/trains etc and different type of missions i would have enjoyed it more.

Advertisement