Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

At that kind of % I could nearly guarantee you'd spend at least 40-50 more hours getting to 100%.

Think I've about 150 hours on the clock and only 10 of those would be for the online portion of the game. The biggest annoyance for 100% were some of the challenges, you could have done the requirements already from normal play but they don't count for the challenge unless its unlocked, so you end up roaming the map collecting the herbs again.

Ya, I've about an hour logged online, I cleared the intro mission and havent gone back since.

I'll probably plow a few more hours into it over Xmas anyway and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

MxwKCle.jpg?2

Butchers Creek is worse, one wrong move and you end up shooting the whole village.

I was shot to death the first time I visited the place. Someone wasn't polite to me so I shot him and everyone else there was gunning for me then. I went down in a hail of bullets.

On my last visit there, I had a nice conversation with some fella who was taking a pee...

I went there to get a pig mask and I left the place intact, thankfully. Wearing the pig mask got me into trouble in Valentine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I’ve just completed the game (with 83% completion) and I’m left thoroughly underwhelmed by the whole thing, especially the epilogue parts. Not sure I’ll be dropping back into it like I still do with GTA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's the story
    with the Indians lads?
    I was at their camp and was insulted by one of them, he told me to leave in a aggressive manner.
    So I went to take out my machete to gut the son of a bitch but the stupid game said no weapons allowed in this area.

I mean WTH??:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

They are tied to missions later.

Ah yeah I'm on some of them now.

Without spoiling anything I presume it becomes possible to rob them on completion of the game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ah yeah I'm on some of them now.

Without spoiling anything I presume it becomes possible to rob them on completion of the game?

No.

I got really taken out of the story last night.
    Myself and Sadie went to kill the remaining O'Driscoll boys. I watched a 120lb Sadie Adler beat the tar out of a 250lb, 6ft 4 outlaw. So ridiculous, took me right out of the moment.

To go from such realism to fantasy land.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Myself and Sadie went to kill the remaining O'Driscoll boys. I watched a 120lb Sadie Adler beat the tar out of a 250lb, 6ft 4 outlaw. So ridiculous, took me right out of the moment.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I didn't see her beat him at all. I heard some gunshots followed by someone screaming in pain, and ran upstairs to find her sticking a knife in him. So I assume he had several bullets in him already and she was just finishing him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Went onto it today and some Lemoyne raider killed my horse. It was one of those moments where I got into a gunfight and managed to kill the gang members but they someone shot my horse and killed it in the crossfire. I had that horse since the beginning of the game so I was quite attached to it. I'll have to load an older save file but it will take me back a bit.

I didn't see her beat him at all. I heard some gunshots followed by someone screaming in pain, and ran upstairs to find her sticking a knife in him. So I assume he had several bullets in him already and she was just finishing him off.
    No way.

There was gunfire happening outside beforehand . An obvious attack

A seasoned gunslinger in this situation is not going to be caught off guard by Mrs Adler.

He either would have put two in her hat as she came up the stairs or overpowered her.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Went onto it today and some Lemoyne raider killed my horse. It was one of those moments where I got into a gunfight and managed to kill the gang members but they someone shot my horse and killed it in the crossfire. I had that horse since the beginning of the game so I was quite attached to it. I'll have to load an older save file but it will take me back a bit.

If you get into conflict with them at night, shoot the oil lanterns they are carrying and they will find themselves engulfed in flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The weirdest thing about RDR2 videos, is that usually Arthur looks nothing like my Arthur! Where's the great big bushy beard!?!

My horse doesn't believe in going around things , not sure I can embed it so I'll post the link.

Possible late game / epilogue spoilers.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/calex-deus/video/65987985

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Funny stuff, but some late game spoilers too!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Funny stuff, but some late game spoilers too!

Ah nuts I didn't even think of that. I'll add a warning to that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah nuts I didn't even think of that. I'll add a warning to that now.

I'm sure almost everyone knows by now, but even this thread has people still playing the story popping in :)

I know you weren't purposely trying to spoil or anything :D

As bad as Micah is, the guy can really fight in the game. It's probably the one thing that impresses me about him. Would be interesting to see him in a proper duel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I enjoyed the story for the most part, Arthur is definitely the best character in a Rockstar game IMO, one of the best characters in any game really.

However I felt the game got really bloated towards the end, I found everything after
    Arthurs Death
    was a grind.
    I didn't enjoy playing as john, the farming, the playing with Jack and pretty much everything else you do with him was boring and drawn out.

I also didn't like
    Guarma
    , It was needless and it stuck out from the rest of the story, it didn't fit.

Some of the mechanics of the game were frustrating too, shooting, riding interacting with people and objects was very clunky at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Where can I find a history of what bounty stranger missions etc..I’ve done? Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Where can I find a history of what bounty stranger missions etc..I’ve done? Cheers !

Think they come up in order! Don't think there is a history in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭20silkcut

What are the chances of a remastered RDR in the near future ?
    They Wouldn’t have to do too much with the dialogue maybe tidy up a few anomalies maybe throw in a reference to Arthur and Hosea. Maybe bring in Sadie somewhere. It wouldn’t take years to develop such an upgrade surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I believe RDR1 is a very badly coded mess, and a remaster is more work than its worth

At least it can be played on Xbox and PS without a remaster, albeit with PS it needs to be streamed with PS Now

I believe RDR1 is a very badly coded mess, and a remaster is more work than its worth

At least it can be played on Xbox and PS without a remaster, albeit with PS it needs to be streamed with PS Now

Don’t think many would call RDR 1 anything but a classic.
    They have the environment and the dialogue there ready to go. Even Mexico exists in a glitch on rdr2.
    Re-do the cut scenes and a bit of tidying up of the story etc and there you have it.
    It’s a no brainer.
    I think the Landon rickets voice actor is dead since the first game.
    They should re do the undead nightmare expansion too . With the new map and original.

If they did it would be closer to a remake than a remaster and it would be a lot of work. Probably having to re-record a lot of the motion capture and dialogue and adapting missions to the RDR2 engine. Adding Mexico would also be a lot of work and it shows no sign of having been worked on. Yes, it technically exists in the game but so do many other areas beyond the boundaries of the map.

That said, I think it's possible simply because it was probably always on Rockstar's do-to list even if there were technical problems with doing a conventional remaster. And as a said, a lot of the work has already being done in RDR2. I still wouldn't underestimate how much more work would needed though. After what happened with GTA V, I'd be very sceptical that Take two would be prepared to spend the money on it when they can sit back and make a fortune from micro transactions.

The best evidence that they might be working on an RDR1 remaster/remake is a glitch in which you start talking like adult Jack from the epilogue of RDR1. In addition, the hud shows train stations in West Elizabeth that don't exist in RDR2's time period yet.

• Advertisement

If they did it would be closer to a remake than a remaster and it would be a lot of work. Probably having to re-record a lot of the motion capture and dialogue and adapting missions to the RDR2 engine. Adding Mexico would also be a lot of work and it shows no sign of having been worked on. Yes, it technically exists in the game but so do many other areas beyond the boundaries of the map.

That said, I think it's possible simply because it was probably always on Rockstar's do-to list even if there were technical problems with doing a conventional remaster. And as a said, a lot of the work has already being done in RDR2. I still wouldn't underestimate how much more work would needed though. After what happened with GTA V, I'd be very sceptical that Take two would be prepared to spend the money on it when they can sit back and make a fortune from micro transactions.

The best evidence that they might be working on an RDR1 remaster/remake is a glitch in which you start talking like adult Jack from the epilogue of RDR1. In addition, the hud shows train stations in West Elizabeth that don't exist in RDR2's time period yet.

I am subscribed to legacykiller on you tube he reckons that if red dead online doesn’t take off then there could be a strong possibility of more single player dlc for rdr2. Currently the numbers completing goals on red dead online are quite low and nothing like GTA online.
    GTA V had new single player content that was almost ready to go in early 2014 it got canned when the online took off.
    Hopefully rdr2 goes the opposite way.
    I reckon the old west is too sedate and slow paced to have the same online appeal as GTA. More story based stuff is what I would most like to see.

Advertisement