Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Which I could barely see even when looking for it

Still pretty cool though :D

The points of interest in the game are generally brilliant I think though,
    donkeygirl, the meteor house, geysers up near the Rains Falls place, Marko Dragic's stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Nal wrote: »
    Yep, killed her.

Good man, did the same myself.

Silly old bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I've been tipping away at all of these including the points of interest etc. my god they take forever! I've only managed 2 sets of cig cards (using rdr2map.com)

The
    strange statues
    is some mindfcuk, even while reading a guide to it :pac:

I was collecting them as well but then found out you can just buy premium cigarettes and you get a card then, so spent a few minutes doing that and I nearly had every card then, looked up where the last few ones were on the map then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I was collecting them as well but then found out you can just buy premium cigarettes and you get a card then, so spent a few minutes doing that and I nearly had every card then, looked up where the last few ones were on the map then

Ah i know, but I find that most cards are close to other items/places of interest so it's not the worst going to get them - going round with a pirates hat & sword is good gas - I just don't know how anyone has the time to get through it all :pac:

The challenges are painfully difficult, stuck on the 4 different types of berries since chapter 3, 100 hours later I still can't get past it :(

With hindsight I'm sorry I didn't make a save before each mission and do the Gold Rush achievement that way. It's a pain too as in GTA V you didn't have to do all the requirements in one run. It's the only one I need for 100% achievements.

I think I finished with 20 golds. One for the long finger, if ever. Easier to do it on a second playthrough than by replaying them after the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Eventually finished the main game last night...those credits went on and on...and on!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Penfailed wrote: »
    Eventually finished the main game last night...those credits went on and on...and on!

Don’t stop believing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penfailed wrote: »

Now it's time to start speed running it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

What do I do with all the money at the end? Can I upgrade anything in the house, I found in the main game I had around 2K spare after buying every item. Now I have 23K in the end game

What do I do with all the money at the end? Can I upgrade anything in the house, I found in the main game I had around 2K spare after buying every item. Now I have 23K in the end game

This! I found I had more than enough money quickly into the game, would be fun if there was something to do with it, buy a business or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nothing to buy really. You dont need money in the game, you dont need to eat or sleep, you dont need to feed your horse.

I was going for 100% but after trying to do the Van Horn to Blackwater dry dash all yesterday evening I gave up, most of the time I got jumped by gangs outside Strawberry or I get attacked by a cougar and fall off my horse. Then I did it perfectly twice and it didn't count!

I was going for 100% but after trying to do the Van Horn to Blackwater dry dash all yesterday evening I gave up, most of the time I got jumped by gangs outside Strawberry or I get attacked by a cougar and fall off my horse. Then I did it perfectly twice and it didn't count!

Is this a thing?
    From your description, sounds like you have to ride from one place to another, without interruptions?? :)

You have to ride from one town to the next without touching water in under 17 minutes.

Thank you!
    I might look into these challenges, if I ever finish off my second playthrough :)

I took a 3 or 4 attempts to get it , the problem in the end was not time but falling off. That voids the run so if you fall off make sure to restart the attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Normally I ace any rockstar games 100 percent total completion but this is tough

An issue I had with them was that they couldn't be done out of order so no chance of being done naturally as you play for many of challenges.

Get the black Arabian horse from Saint Denis and get bonding up to max.
    Stick to/near train tracks as much as you can as you are unlikely to encounter enemies or water.
    Buy some potent horse stimulant, 2 or 3.
    If you do encounter a gang ignore completely, they will eventually leave you if you're going fast enough.

I got the Best in the West trophy a few days ago. Even Gambler 8 and 9 I completed within a mere 2 hours a bit combined and they're the hardest ones. You can do it. :)

Timing was never an issue for me, always did it in around 12-14 minutes. Also didn't need stimulants, just press L3 to praise your horse and its stamina regains.

I don't know what I was doing but it just never worked, no rain, no puddles, so frustrating.

And then trying to do the win 3 dominos one, I would 2 in a row, saved and went to bed, next day I start again and it's back to 0!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just wondering if they have added a passive mode to the online or is it just still full of cretins trying to kill you all the time?

Advertisement