Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

The poor design choices become apparent when I actuality completed the game
    The lack of a proper fast travel system is an absolute disaster IMO
    I can't ever see myself replaying the game because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

I just finished the game last night. I started it on launch day but got distracted with other games and only came back to it about a month ago. On initial play i found it very slow with weird controls but visually amazing but i have to say after taking a break and coming back the game just "clicked" with me.

Absolutely loved it once you accept the slower pace it really comes into its own. I tweaked some of the control settings and found it a lot easier also. The lack of real fast travel is a pain at times but most of the time you can travel to wherever you need to get in a matter of minutes. The story, graphics, score, everything are just top notch and you can see the attention to detail in the world. Has there every been an open world environment as good as this? It surpases even the witcher 3 for me.

I'll definitely play this again - its a very different game for this day and age and after the initial shock i grew to love it.

9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I really hated it. The first game is probably my favourite game but I just found the majority of 2 tedious and I gained very little from finishing it.

"Just one more big score and we're free". Yeah Dutch whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Dutch is such a knobend if it was real life i would have punched him near the very start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dutch is such a knobend if it was real life i would have punched him near the very start

Coming in cold on Dutch that makes sense

But for John and Arthur he's the guy who saved them and made them the men they are, it's hard to ever dismiss a father figure like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only good thing bout Dutch was his horse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did you ever try and take your camp mates horses? Could it be done?
    I was too goody two-shoes in my play through to even try and see if it was possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did you ever try and take your camp mates horses? Could it be done?
    I was too goody two-shoes in my play through to even try and see if it was possible :)

I always took my own horse. But when I read that comment above about Dutch's horse being good you must have been able to. I wonder did they programe it in for a confrontation if you did. Like they come up to you an question you on why you tool their horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not being able to run while in camp was frustrating

Dr. Bre wrote: »

It was alright but I still enjoyed the game.

Online though not so much, I played the intro and thought nothing of it and haven't gone back since.

• Advertisement

I always took my own horse. But when I read that comment above about Dutch's horse being good you must have been able to. I wonder did they programe it in for a confrontation if you did. Like they come up to you an question you on why you tool their horse.

These are the kind of questions that could make me return to my 2nd playthrough, which I abandoned half way through :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Like a bad dream when you are being chased

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can assist me - my ps4 died. Couldn't back up data to usb as it won't even switch on.

I bought another ps4 on Sunday on adverts.ie. Then of course it occurred to me that all my saves are on the hard drive in the broken ps4.

I emailed Sony and she said to just take the hdd from the broken ps4, put it in the new ps4 and I could access the save game data. I knew she was probably wrong but I tried it anyway. Lo and behold of course the hdd formatted and nothing's there.

All I want is to get my Red Dead 2 save game file back as I'm hours and hours in, with symptoms of OCD re hunting, outfits, fishing side quests etc.

I'm trying data recovery software via a SATA - USB cable but no joy there (tbh it's a bit beyond my paygrade ability / knowledge wise)

Someone mentioned that it's possible to download other people's saved game files? He didn't elaborate (he's in New Zealand so there's always a day or 2 between whatsapp messages), but does anyone here have any knowledge of this? I'd be hugely relieved as tbh I don't think I could face starting from scratch (or could my fiance!)

Many thanks,

EDIT: I should mention that I'm willing to pay for professional services here re data recovery if it means the hdd can be restored.
    EDIT: I don't have ps+:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you have PS+? If so, can you not download your saves from the cloud? https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Data-in-Online-Storage?language=en_US

Do you have PS+? If so, can you not download your saves from the cloud? https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Data-in-Online-Storage?language=en_US

Yea that's what Sony said as well, no unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can download other peoples saves but that only works if they've not yet signed up to PSN and just done with a plain offline PS4 profile (or someone removed said signing), there are save editors for RDR2 that you could start a game save and then edit that to get you back to where you are.

Varik wrote: »
    You can download other peoples saves but that only works if they've not yet signed up to PSN and just done with a plain offline PS4 profile (or someone removed said signing), there are save editors for RDR2 that you could start a game save and then edit that to get you back to where you are.

Thanks a mill, does one require advanced training in data and computer software to pull this off? Sounds like it might!

I don't own a PS4 but I remember back in the 360 days to get another save file working you had to hash in your details so console sees it as yours. I'm sure there is something like that for PS. Google PS4 savesets.

There is programs for PS4. Just googled it there. So start up a new game and save so you have your details and transfer save to PC and run the resigner on the save file you downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yes losing progression is a nightmare, I can offer nothing more than emotional support. I remember the horror on discovering hackers could reset your account in MW2.
    I'm sure someone went to jail for deleting an ex's saves. It was in Japan but still.
    I delete and reinstall games from the PS all the time and previous progress is always there. It's like magic but I guess it's just the ps+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2 Weeks after the fact but.

A whole lot of free PS4 avatars got added.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/grid/EP1004-CUSA08519_00-REDEMPTION000002/1?relationship=avatars

481966.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got back into playing this last week, coming to the end of ch 4, 51 hours play time, I sense something big is going to happen, must say I'm really enjoying it.

As per my message a couple of weeks ago, my ps4 clapped out so I lost all progress. Bought 2nd hand ps4 and started again. Was just finished 'battle of shady Belle' when it happened but had all side missions, most legendary animals & fish, all bounties etc up to that point done. Load of costumes, camp upgrades from hunting, cool landscape photographs etc. Was raging.

Anyway, quite enjoying replaying (fiancé not happy - we live in a small terraced house so only one tv). Getting there. Most of the way through Clement's Point now. Working as Rhodes Sheriff's deputies...
    Great game.

As per my message a couple of weeks ago, my ps4 clapped out so I lost all progress. Bought 2nd hand ps4 and started again. Was just finished 'battle of shady Belle' when it happened but had all side missions, most legendary animals & fish, all bounties etc up to that point done. Load of costumes, camp upgrades from hunting, cool landscape photographs etc. Was raging.

Anyway, quite enjoying replaying (fiancé not happy - we live in a small terraced house so only one tv). Getting there. Most of the way through Clement's Point now. Working as Rhodes Sheriff's deputies...
    Great game.

Ah man, enable cloud saving on your PS4!
    You'd have started back in the exact same spot on the new console :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ah man, enable cloud saving on your PS4!
    You'd have started back in the exact same spot on the new console :)

Well aware of that at this stage! Lesson learned and have bought ps plus.

Well aware of that at this stage! Lesson learned and have bought ps plus.

And now that you have that fail safe up and running, here's hoping that you'll never have to use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just saw this video thought i'd post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Just finished Days gone and waiting on TLOU 2 to come out. Would this be a good game to fill the void considering those are the kinds of games I'm into?

Advertisement