Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think we'll be limited to just the more realistic or at least rockstar realistic western stuff for online to milk the $, they'll likely do more undead nightmare and more besides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/959094166021115905

October now instead of Spring. Damn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I want them to take the time to ensure this is as good as it can be. RDR is one of my favourite games ever, so this has a lot to live up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rockstar and delays usually go hand in hand.

Wouldnt rule out another one donw the line. :o

Also, I'd prefer a near perfect game thats delayed, than a bug ridden mess thats rushed out.

Given how revered RDR was, people will get over the dealy as long as its good.

As said fully expected a delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Being so shocked my monocle falls out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So Spring 2019 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I would expect that to be the last delay. It's the perfect pre xmas time, you don't wanna be shipping any later than November.

Someone knows their Old West history at R* at least.

26 Oct 1881 was the gunfight at the OK Corral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sickened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If other studios delayed as much as Rockstar they would actually deliver games that work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

If other studios delayed as much as Rockstar they would actually deliver games that work :D

Half Life 3 will be spectacular so... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ausgezeichnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Those screenshots look insane. Tbf to Rockstar when you see what they did with GTA V on the 360 I'm sure it will look good...maybe not that good :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope Liar's Dice returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot wait for this game. It actually suits me better having a Autumn/Winter release as I wouldn't play as often during the summer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Still no word on a pc release (which we almost certainly won't get now, at least for a long time) :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Still no word on a pc release (which we almost certainly won't get now, at least for a long time) :(

I'm guessing 6 months. Similar to the PS4/XBOX One release schedule. The game new consoles are very similar to PC coding wise, so porting won't be an issue.

Rockstar made an insane amount of money from micro transactions, and PC was a big part of that, no chance they ignore that market. They haven't announced it yet, because they want people to double dip. If people know it's coming out in a few months they are less likely to buy it on console and they might just wait. Like I did with GTA V. Purchases first on X360 and then on PC.

I forgot I've Far Cry 5 coming in March so that should kep me going until RDR2.

Crisis over. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I forgot I've Far Cry 5 coming in March so that should kep me going until RDR2.

Crisis over. :o

Really looking forward to it. I've resisted the urge to watch any videos I want as many surprises as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I cannot wait for this game. It actually suits me better having a Autumn/Winter release as I wouldn't play as often during the summer.

I'm in the same boat, I hate to sound selfish, but it suits me much more to play this towards the end of the year than March, April, May :pac:

Again, I couldn't agree more with the general sentiment in the thread, who cares if it's delayed if it means we're going to get a better, more polished game for it?

That's why I believe Rockstar have earned the respect and loyalty of a massive segment of the gaming community, they're not interested in releasing an unfinished, half-baked, buggy or unpolished mess just for the sake of cashing in on the inevitable billions they'll generate in revenue just a few months earlier.

They have standards and a relative degree of perfectionism ingrained in the way they develop and release games, and they always strive to meet those standards. If they are not met, then it's not good enough to be released into the wild. I feel that just demonstrates the respect they have for their customers, and if only more developers conducted themselves in a similar fashion, the video game industry wouldn't be the drama-centric shitshow we have to put up with nowadays.

It's a shame people don't get to play the game early, but anyone who bemoans or hurls abuse at R* because they didn't get what they want when they wanted it seriously need to check themselves and lose that unfounded sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nobody talks about it, but I'm still worried about the game.
    It's the first game release from R*, without Leslie Benzies' involvement.

And with that other cnut Zelnick in charge of Take2, this game could be a pay-to-win extravaganza :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nobody talks about it, but I'm still worried about the game.
    It's the first game release from R*, without Leslie Benzies' involvement.

And with that other cnut Zelnick in charge of Take2, this game could be a pay-to-win extravaganza :D

I couldn't I've a f*ck about the MP tbh.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I couldn't I've a f*ck about the MP tbh.

The MP in the RDR was absolutely brilliant.

What I loved about it was that RDR MP really did reflect a players skill. There was a healthy learning curve and if you put the effort in, it showed.

Good maps and loads of fun game modes too.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The MP in the RDR was absolutely brilliant.

What I loved about it was that RDR MP really did reflect a players skill. There was a healthy learning curve and if you put the effort in, it showed.

Good maps and loads of fun game modes too.

Yeah it was decent, I expect something more along the lines of GTA V tbh. Any way they can push shark card equivalents, and an absolute grind for everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wasn't talking about MP at all!
    That's another fcuking minefield that I want nothing to do with.
    R* ruined GTA Online by making it inaccessible to casual players and rewarded cheating and glitching by increasing the cost of in game items exponentially.

SP games can still be ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about MP at all!
    That's another fcuking minefield that I want nothing to do with.
    R* ruined GTA Online by making it inaccessible to casual players and rewarded cheating and glitching by increasing the cost of in game items exponentially.

SP games can still be ruined!

Have to agree. As much as i love GTA5 (as a single player) I feel let down by the lack of further single player campaign. Online doesn't appeal to me at all.

Can't wait for RDR2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why make additional single player content when you can release skins and make an absolute fortune. I would expect RDR2 to be much worse than GTAV as well.

As long as the SP is good though, i don't really care.

• Advertisement

The MP on GTA 5 at the start wasnt too bad, it gradually got worse to the point where I stopped all together.

Had many great nights on it with few of the users here.

GTA 5 must of made them a sh*t ton of cash from micro transactions and in this day and age, its nearly impossible to avoid so I expect it really, not that I like it.

Advertisement