Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Oct 26th Booked off Work...

Thats also the October Bank Holiday weekend so I'm off work until the Wednesday :D

recyclops wrote: »
    buy 2 used versions of constructor hd ( one ps4 and one xbox one so dont have multiples) on amazon 20 quid using parcel motel, then trade em both in and get red dead for a euro.

only a fool will pay full price for this when the shops are doing crazy deals like this.

With the speed Amazon have been dispatching orders lately id be a bit wary of Gamestop changing the accepted game list by the time you get your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just change region on xbox website?

Nah, a bit more complicated now.

Scroll halfway down page to VPN Method:
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/buying-games-from-foreign-regions-please-read-the-faq-in-the-first-post.1846057/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

"Captured entirely from in-game footage on PlayStation 4 Pro, watch this introduction to Red Dead Redemption 2’s gameplay in 4K."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,271 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Captured entirely from in-game footage on PlayStation 4 Pro, watch this introduction to Red Dead Redemption 2’s gameplay in 4K."

It didn't say PlayStation 4 Pro on the trailer I watched? It just said captured on in game footage and had a logo for both Xbox and PlayStation at the bottom of the screen?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It didn't say PlayStation 4 Pro on the trailer I watched? It just said captured on in game footage and had a logo for both Xbox and PlayStation at the bottom of the screen?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/09/watch-the-red-dead-redemption-2-official-gameplay-video/

The gameplay you see in all the videos was all PS4 Pro, the trailer on the Xbox channels says captured in game as they obviously dont want to promote that it was PS4 Pro footage. Rockstar have close relationship with PS/Sony

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bloody hell, that means it can look even better than that then so when it gets on to an X

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mossym wrote: »
    bloody hell, that means it can look even better than that then so when it gets on to an X

:)

I can imagine any improvements will be minor due to some agreement R* have with Sony. They have partnered with Sony to get it to release first on PS4, online will be first on PS4. I can't imagine Sony will allow them to make it look way better on the XboneX. There will probably be improvements, but minor i'd imagine.

Don't care either way, that trailer looked stunning, and if captured on a Pro, i'm gonna be seeing the same!

The gameplay you see in all the videos was all PS4 Pro,

How can you be sure of this? I know at certain points it showed PS button prompts but they were not on screen at all times so it may not have been PS footage for the whole thing.

More likely it's been running on a PC scaled down to what consoles can actually do.

How can you be sure of this? I know at certain points it showed PS button prompts but they were not on screen at all times so it may not have been PS footage for the whole thing.

More likely it's been running on a PC scaled down to what consoles can actually do.

Because Rockstar said so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Confirmed by Rockstar that is was a PS Pro running at 4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As per the link in billybonkers' post, "Captured entirely from in-game footage on PlayStation 4 Pro, watch this introduction to Red Dead Redemption 2’s gameplay in 4K."

Xbox have on their site that it's "Xbox One X Enhanced: Enhanced features for Xbox One X subject to release of a content update."

So the trailer was PS4Pro footage, but the Xbox One X version will still look as good if not better.

Either way it doesn't matter, the game looks goddamn beautiful, and I doubt anyone could be disappointed buying it on the console of their choice.

Because Rockstar said so

Most developers say it's running on PS or Xbox but in fact most games are shown running on PC hardware turned down to match consoles.

It could very well be the same here.

Game looks great either way though. The bit through the swamp especially.

Most developers say it's running on PS or Xbox but in fact most games are shown running on PC hardware turned down to match consoles.

Game looks great either way though. The bit through the swamp especially.

Yup but they would tell you that or say nothing at all. They have confirmed PS4 Pro at 4k for the gameplay video showcased globally yesterday. They have no reason to lie and a long standing relationship with Sony

But its not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Raft of posts, clicks thread, PS/Xbox debate, backs out.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

GavRedKing wrote: »

Thread unfollowed ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I can imagine any improvements will be minor due to some agreement R* have with Sony. They have partnered with Sony to get it to release first on PS4, online will be first on PS4. I can't imagine Sony will allow them to make it look way better on the XboneX. There will probably be improvements, but minor i'd imagine.

Don't care either way, that trailer looked stunning, and if captured on a Pro, i'm gonna be seeing the same!

i was taking the ab$olute pi$$, i can;t imagine anyone will see any difference between the two at all

GavRedKing wrote: »

Where is there a PS Xbox debate? I just said it could be running on a PC scaled to consoles.

By the way I have a PS4, One and Switch so I've no preference to any console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Thinking of pre-ordering this from Smyths. Whats their track record like with gettting games in/out on the release date?

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Confirmed by Rockstar that is was a PS Pro running at 4k

Looks sh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

With the speed Amazon have been dispatching orders lately id be a bit wary of Gamestop changing the accepted game list by the time you get your order.

thankfully have been doing this the past week so managed to preorder RDR2, Resi evil 2, Spiderman and Tomb raider for around 83 quid :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone thinking of ordering the special edition or just going regular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

jones wrote: »

I'll just get the standard edition for the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I think I'll go for the special, I think its a tenner more (maybe €15), and you get a special horse. In a world that big, a special horse could be worth its weight in gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭rizzla

Went with the digital ultimate edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is it sad that I watched the gameplay again and got even more excited for it I reckon single player is going to be quality I like the interactions with different characters kinda thing.

I plumbed for the Special edition,for the Horse..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

I have pre-ordered the regular but I'm tempted to go special edition

Actually scratch that it's 89.99 in smyths even with the fiver off that's too much of a jump for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one no what size of a download it will be?
    If I start downloading today if might just be done in time with my sh1te connection

Advertisement