Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Very excited about this now looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

naughto wrote: »
    Any one no what size of a download it will be?
    If I start downloading today if might just be done in time with my sh1te connection

No Details as of yet,but I wouldn't be surprised around 50gbs,more possibly,look at Doom 2016..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I start downloading today if might just be done in time with my sh1te connection

Do you have an external hard drive (USB 3) that you could go to someone's place and download to that by signing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

naughto wrote:
    Any one no what size of a download it will be? If I start downloading today if might just be done in time with my sh1te connection

Buy it on disc. It's 70 on PSN so it's basically the same price as Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,271 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    Buy it on disc. It's 70 on PSN so it's basically the same price as Gamestop.

Your still going to need a day one patch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is a "buy a PS4 pro" type game for me. Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭rizzla

GTA V is 75gbs so same if not more. Much more if you get it on PS4 Pro or XOX. 4K stuff usually comes in a patch yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Kiith wrote: »
    This is a "buy a PS4 pro" type game for me. Looks fantastic.

You should buy one then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered the regular but I'm tempted to go special edition

Actually scratch that it's 89.99 in smyths even with the fiver off that's too much of a jump for me

With the trade in 2 games and get new game for a euro offer in Gamestop, you can pay the price difference for the special edition on top of the offer, so extra 20 euro

• Administrators Posts: 53,979 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

bigphil2 wrote: »
    No Details as of yet,but I wouldn't be surprised around 50gbs,more possibly,look at Doom 2016..
    It'll be way more than 50gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

awec wrote: »
    It'll be way more than 50gb.

Most likely alright,it certainly wont be less than that,add in the Multiplayer and it could be getting to over 80gb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I never played the original, is it basically a western version of GTA?

• Administrators Posts: 53,979 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pretty much yea. Same mechanics, but you don't go around stealing horses to the same extent that you steal cars in GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Try and get your hands on it. I've played through it recently and it still holds up. Plays well and the vistas are still unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,271 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you've an Xbox One you can play it via Backwards Compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you've an Xbox One you can play it via Backwards Compatible.

Also if you're on PS4, you can get a free trial of ps now and play it on that.

Special edition can be got for around 63 Euro on the Indonesian PSN Store. I’ve noticed that most preorders there are around €22 cheaper than Irish PSN. Only thing I’m not sure of, is if the preorder dlc is tied to the purchasing account or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So thinking of getting a pro for this. I know gamestop do the 99e offer. 2 questions

-where can i get the list of games for the price, cant seem to find it

-more importantly
    I play on a 1080p tv, will the pro make much of a difference on the tv compared to the ps i have now?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

With the trade in 2 games and get new game for a euro offer in Gamestop, you can pay the price difference for the special edition on top of the offer, so extra 20 euro

Have you done this, does it actually work with red dead as I dont see that game on 1 euro list?
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    -more importantly
    I play on a 1080p tv, will the pro make much of a difference on the tv compared to the ps i have now?

It'll make things look nicer even on 1080p screen, better framerate with the supersampling feature it renders the game like it would with a 4k TV but makes the 1080p picture better.

scottigael wrote: »
    Have you done this, does it actually work with red dead as I dont see that game on 1 euro list? As it does say "no multiples" on the website, so thinking two constructor copies wouldn't work?

I was in Gamestop today and asked about it as offer says standard edition only. The sales assistant said I could pay the difference for the special edition which would be an extra €20 .The offer is on all new games. I haven’t preordered yet as not sure if I will go digital instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Never considered upgrading to the pro until reading this thread. Is it worth the upgrade?

Also I need decent headphones. Playing ps4 through a PC monitor with built in speakers. Decent monitor but cant help feeling I'm missing out on game immersion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

py2006 wrote: »
    Never considered upgrading to the pro until reading this thread. Is it worth the upgrade?

Also I need decent headphones. Playing ps4 through a PC monitor with built in speakers. Decent monitor but cant help feeling I'm missing out on game immersion.

I got these last summer for 70e, price seems to have gone up now, shop around and you'll get it for that price. They are fantastic though, brilliant
    surround sound and very comfy. Best pair ive ever gotten, couldnt recommend them enough

Edit: a link might help :p

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pc-and-ps-vita/ps-vita/sony-playstation-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0/p/135273

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

awec wrote: »
    Pretty much yea. Same mechanics, but you don't go around stealing horses to the same extent that you steal cars in GTA.

Cheers. Prolly not for me so, I tend to get burned out with GTA fairly quickly.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I have the official Sony Platinum Wireless headset. Its fantastic. Especially at night when you have to keep the noise down..

That's exactly what I need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Going by that GameStop offer, anyone know what two games would be the cheapest to pick up second hand?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Going by that GameStop offer, anyone know what two games would be the cheapest to pick up second hand?

Think youd have to go in store to see whats on the trade in list. I cant find it anywhere online

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Think youd have to go in store to see whats on the trade in list. I cant find it anywhere online

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Do we know when next gameplay video is coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Only realising now you can play the original in 4K/30 FPS on Xbox One X. Wish the PS4 Pro had the feature! PS Now is fine, but it looks worse than the PS3 version. (which only ran at between 20-30 FPS 640p anyways)

Advertisement