Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's beautiful on the X - playing through Undead Nightmare for the first time now.

I'm hyped now after last weeks trailer, can't remember the last game I was this excited for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

maximoose wrote: »
    It's beautiful on the X - playing through Undead Nightmare for the first time now.

I'm hyped now after last weeks trailer, can't remember the last game I was this excited for.

Yeah the X is as close to a remaster as we'll get. Emulators on PC will come close eventually but RSPC3 is still some way off achieving this, although they recently have achieved PS3 level performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What Microsoft are doing with the emulation is really underappreciated. Same with Fallout 3, runs at 4K too and looks as good as it ever will short of a remaster (or a ton of PC mods obviously).

What Microsoft are doing with the emulation is really underappreciated. Same with Fallout 3, runs at 4K too and looks as good as it ever will short of a remaster (or a ton of PC mods obviously).

Couldn’t you just play the PC version at 4K?

At the end of the day they are still classic textures upscaled the only added extra they get is 16x AF. Which you can enable on nearly every PC game anyways. It is great don’t get me wrong, and way better than what Sony offers but the main draw of it for me is last gen games that didn’t get a pc release to actually play them at high res (even if it’s upscaled)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lukker- wrote: »
    Couldn’t you just play the PC version at 4K?

At the end of the day they are still classic textures upscaled the only added extra they get is 16x AF. Which you can enable on nearly every PC game anyways. It is great don’t get me wrong, and way better than what Sony offers but the main draw of it for me is last gen games that didn’t get a pc release to actually play them at high res (even if it’s upscaled)

You can, but Fallout 3 doesn't work very well with newer OS. I actually bought Fallout 3 GOTY on Ebay just to play it again on the One X after finishing Fallout 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Digital Foundry's technical trailer analysis, for those inclined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm bowing out of all further RDR videos and articles, started doing this a few years ago and the game is definitely better the less you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Will there be a midnight release for this do ye think? Last game i bought was GTAV at midnight:D I'm very tempted by this game can't wait.

Just watched the trailer for red dead revolver jaysus that was brutal looking back on it now but was amazing at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

dave1982 wrote: »
    Will there be a midnight release for this do ye think? Last game i bought was GTAV at midnight:D I'm very tempted by this game can't wait.

Just watched the trailer for red dead revolver jaysus that was brutal looking back on it now but was amazing at the time

Digital release is always midnight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

A very casual gamer here but 5 years ago I got so hyped for the GTA release. Haven't been excited like that since but stumbled across this game and it looks unreal.

Is there much hype in the gaming world about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Pussyhands wrote: »
    A very casual gamer here but 5 years ago I got so hyped for the GTA release. Haven't been excited like that since but stumbled across this game and it looks unreal.

Is there much hype in the gaming world about this?

Absolutely, it's Rockstar's next big thing. The hype train is in full motion. It's essentially the next GTA instalment, Grand Theft Horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone on PS4 with a hankering to play Red Dead Redemption 1, you can play it on ps now (first week free) but there is a new deal where you can resubscribe and get the first month for 1 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

After the 14 hours it took to download Wolfenstein: The New Order on my hotspot, I don't think i'm ready for PS Now yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 with a hankering to play Red Dead Redemption 1, you can play it on ps now (first week free) but there is a new deal where you can resubscribe and get the first month for 1 euro.

Can you get the trial and then subscribe for 1 euro straight away?

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Can you get the trial and then subscribe for 1 euro straight away?

Yupp that's the theory. Sign up for free trial, cancel for when the week is up and then resubscribe for the euro offer. Not sure how long that offer is there for though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's also on sale on Xbox now, if you want to play it with a better framerate (and a much better resolution of you've got an X).

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's also on sale on Xbox now, if you want to play it with a better framerate (and a much better resolution of you've got an X).

Or PS4 if you want to use a better controller ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

We will agree to disagree.

Streaming a game vs actually playing it on hardware, streaming will always be worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't make me whip out this bad boy...
    e19add85-df05-41bc-8d47-7745b9bd3c6c.jpg?n=Elite-Controller-MWF_Page-Hero-1084_1920x540.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I did want to replay RDR1 over the last few months but just didn't get a chance. Now I don't think I'll have time with Spider-Man out this weekend, and I don't want to play RDR1 too close to RDR2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I always loved trying to get 100 percent completion in rockstars games like RDR and GTA. Hopefully this doesn’t disappoint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,271 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I always loved trying to get 100 percent completion in rockstars games like RDR and GTA. Hopefully this doesn’t disappoint

Do you not have a job :pac: feck that would take some time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you not have a job :pac: feck that would take some time!!

I did it with gta v but did cheat a little for the last few bits with Google. Remember trying it for gta III with the whole "new city under the closed bridge unlocks at 100%" rumour but never really even got close. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Carson City was a lie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Carson City was a lie :D
    And yet I only found out for sure, several years later! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Billy86 wrote: »
    And yet I only found out for sure, several years later! :pac:

We were all tricked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Any indication of next gameplay video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The unique stunt jumps in GTA are always fun!

Advertisement