Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,979 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

After the 14 hours it took to download Wolfenstein: The New Order on my hotspot, I don't think i'm ready for PS Now yet...
    Playstation download speeds are terrible, it's not your fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can try the pause and resume trick. Sometimes it works sometimes the time left goes to 99+ hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I always stick my PS4 on standby. Somehow, by some weird witchcraft, this works for me. Turning it back on to check is how I notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Games do seem to download faster in rest mode, it's a bit like how a watched pot never boils I suppose though

If you have a PS4 you should have it on an ethernet cable whether thats direct or through home plugs, it's far slower wireless even when right beside the router

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 with a hankering to play Red Dead Redemption 1, you can play it on ps now (first week free) but there is a new deal where you can resubscribe and get the first month for 1 euro.

Only played for about a half hour but PS Now seems a bit more steady than when it first came out here, for me anyway

Now to try and complete RDR1 in just a month :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Has wagon painting been confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Has wagon painting been confirmed?

Looks like someone's yearnin' to coat some wood ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Midnight openings in all Smyths for Red Dead Redemption 2! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Midnight openings in all Smyths for Red Dead Redemption 2! :)

Nice one that is where I pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭CWF

Where is the cheapest place to get this on Ps4 when it comes out?

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to get this on Ps4 when it comes out?

Probably Smyths at €55 when you pre order and collect in store

Other regular places like the game collection online will do it delivered for close to €55 depending on the exchange rate but if you get it delivered through parcel motel there’s a chance you’ll get it early since they’ll ship on the wednesday to guarantee release day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

I will say from experience, the Game Collection have always delivered (as in, I have item received) 1-3 days before release.

There's always the risk that it might even arrive late of course, but eh I think I might take the gamble!

Other regular places like the game collection online will do it delivered for close to €55 depending on the exchange rate but if you get it delivered through parcel motel there’s a chance you’ll get it early since they’ll ship on the wednesday to guarantee release day delivery

Preordered PES 2019 with TGC through Parcel Motel last week and it arrived the day after release day. Was a bit disappointed as it used to be lightning fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

rdr2_dutch_van_der_linde_social.jpg

There is a few more, see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

22 gang members and a kid. Didn't realise there was that many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

22 gang members and a kid. Didn't realise there was that many.

I'd say most are just part of that camp and travel together, whereas only 7 or so actually go out and rob trains etc as part of the "gang". So some of them might be a blacksmith or a gunsmith or whatever who help the gang at the camp, but aren't gang members as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

xbox one x or ps4 ?? which will this be better on ? or will there be much of a difference ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,267 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    xbox one x or ps4 ?? which will this be better on ? or will there be much of a difference ?

If Rockstar do their work the X will be by far the best option until a PC version is released.

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Xbox one X is the more powerful console, developers getting great performance out of it.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If Rockstar do their work the X will be by far the best option until a PC version is released.
    And even then unless you have a seriously expensive pc it's still going to be better on xbox one x. I spent 1500 EUR on a pc and games look better on x.

• Advertisement

Ps4 is receiving timed exclusive online content.

So Xbox will get them, but if you're a stickler for getting it first...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,267 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ps4 is receiving timed exclusive online content.

So Xbox will get them, but if you're a stickler for getting it first...

I'd rather have the best looking game than a unicorn or something.... Although robbing a bank and riding away on a mythical beast would be pretty awesome :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd rather have the best looking game than a unicorn or something.... Although robbing a bank and riding away on a mythical beast would be pretty awesome :pac:

Well it's only a timed exclusive, so you'd be getting a unicorn either way! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

And even then unless you have a seriously expensive pc it's still going to be better on xbox one x. I spent 1500 EUR on a pc and games look better on x.

The Xbox one X looked better than what your 1500 euro pc was putting out?

What's this nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What games for example?

I have both. Whilst the X looks amazing for a console. I can't say it looks better than a top spec PC.

Nonsense.

These things are hard to compare, but unless you spent all your money on lights for your case a 1500 quid PC will blow any console out of the water.

The Xbox one X looked better than what your 1500 euro pc was putting out?

What's this nonsense.
    Give me the spec and price for a 4k 60fps pc and then tell me it's nonsense.

awec wrote: »
    Nonsense.

These things are hard to compare, but unless you spent all your money on lights for your case a 1500 quid PC will blow any console out of the water.

1500 got me a mid (maybe upper mid if you want) range 1080p pc. I'd probably get 1440p out of it with less fps but I'd need a more expensive monitor pushing it above 1500

1500 got me a mid (maybe upper mid if you want) range 1080p pc. I'd probably get 1440p out of it with less fps but I'd need a more expensive monitor pushing it above 1500

Your mid range PC is better than the console.

Playing on Xbox or PlayStation is like playing on PC with the graphics settings all on low and half of the graphical features disabled.

Don’t be fooled by resolution and frame rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

awec wrote: »
    Your mid range PC is better than the console.

Playing on Xbox or PlayStation is like playing on PC with the graphics settings all on low and half of the graphical features disabled.

Don’t be fooled by resolution and frame rate.

THIS

Advertisement