Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

It's staggering to think anyone actually believe a 500 console would outperform a 1500 pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They won't, but don't be surprised if a game designed completely for the One X looks and performs 100 times better than a PC port of the same game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    I did want to replay RDR1 over the last few months but just didn't get a chance. Now I don't think I'll have time with Spider-Man out this weekend, and I don't want to play RDR1 too close to RDR2.

I feel like firing up the game, getting on my horse and head out to Cholla Springs.

jones wrote: »
    It's staggering to think anyone actually believe a 500 console would outperform a 1500 pc
    Ok look what I'm saying is games look better on my x than they do on my pc. I'm not talking about measuring benchmarks, I'm talking about sitting on my couch playing games on 55" 4k tv as opposed to a 1080p monitor. I know my pc is getting way better fps but I doubt very much the human eye can spot the difference. It probably gets more detail too but it's not noticeable, not in the same way as games on the Xbox one S are straight away very noticeably a step down in quality.

55" 4k 60fps gaming on the X is visual a better experience than playing on my 1500 pc. That's all that matters really I don't care about benchmarks and metrics.

Could be I just have a **** monitor, possibly as I think I only spent 200 of the budget on it.

To get back on topic, I won't be rushing out to buy rdr2 on PC thinking it gives me something on a whole different level to what I get on the X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Will online be the same as GTA v? Freeroam sort of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Will online be the same as GTA v? Freeroam sort of thing

No doubt they have big plans for online after the success of gta v online. I just hope it's not to the determent of the single player campaign which is my concern for this and particularly gta 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Graphics blah blah blah, performance blah blah blah. The truth is, if it was on the switch, I'd probably buy it on that for the convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They won't, but don't be surprised if a game designed completely for the One X looks and performs 100 times better than a PC port of the same game.

Not true this gen because both the Pro and One X have really bad CPU's.

Ever wonder why most of the bigger games are locked to 30fps (and still have dips)? GTA V, Kingdom Come, Fallout 4, etc. That's why.

They're decent consoles and I have both but they are somewhat crippled this gen by really out of date AMD processors that would've been considered low-end 6 years ago.

If either were a PC, imagine building a machine with an 8GB RX580 and then using a €50 Pentium CPU....that's pretty much what they are.

So they shift the dependency to the GPU By running at high resolution and graphical settings - you often hear people complaining "Why won't they give us a 1080p/60fps option instead of 4k/30"....because they can't do it in most cases (obviously they can in some less CPU demanding titles).

The next gen will be a real game changer as they will be based on AMD's massively improved Ryzen architecture so 60fps should become standard in even the most demanding games.
    1500 got me a mid (maybe upper mid if you want) range 1080p pc.

:confused:

1500 would build you an ultra high-end PC with a GTX1080Ti 11GB graphics card.

My PC is an 8-core 1700X with a Vega 64 and it cost me around 1k for example, but that can play anything at 4k high settings 60fps.

If you want to build a PC with the same quality of the Xbox One X it can be done for about 550 - a GTX1060 6GB or RX580 8GB with a €50 G4560 processor, run most games at 4k medium/high locked at 30fps, some at 60fps.

That said though the console v PC argument is mostly redundant. I have all 3 and they all serve completely different purposes and all can do things the others cannot. Same is true for most people, and for most setups, a console is a hell of a lot more straight forward and less effort.
    To get back on topic, I won't be rushing out to buy rdr2 on PC thinking it gives me something on a whole different level to what I get on the X.

Graphically they will look similar (talking about the Pro/X) but it will be a 30fps v 60fps scenario, as is the case with almost all of the major titles on Pro/1X vs PC.

If that matters to you, fine, if not, equally fine. It's definitely not as big as deal for RDR2 compared to other titles for me.

Personally when I play on console the actual graphics don't really bother me at all, but the framerate does in some of the FPS titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And even then unless you have a seriously expensive pc it's still going to be better on xbox one x. I spent 1500 EUR on a pc and games look better on x.

What components did you get at €1500 that can't match an xbox one x?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Billy86 wrote:
    What components did you get at €1500 that can't match an xbox one x?

It's obvious his gripe is his PC monitor is 1080p & his TV is 4K. But if given a choice your going to get more value long term from the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

How about you guys take yet another console versus PC arguement to another thread and leave this for chat about the game.

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's obvious his gripe is his PC monitor is 1080p & his TV is 4K. But if given a choice your going to get more value long term from the telly.
    He could always just hook the PC up to the TV though, which is what I did before getting a projector for it.
    Give me the spec and price for a 4k 60fps pc and then tell me it's nonsense.

Here's a very quick one thrown together for around €1,300. You could still get 4K 60fps for less, or something that looks nicer or whatnot, but this is just one slapped together in about 2 minutes. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vGkKnH

Anyway, agreeing with the post above I cannot wait for this! I don't have a PS4 but am moving to Canada in around 3 weeks where the girlfriend does have one so I'm buzzing now, especially having missed the first one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Billy86 wrote: »
    Anyway, agreeing with the post above I cannot wait for this! I don't have a PS4 but am moving to Canada in around 3 weeks where the girlfriend does have one so I'm buzzing now, especially having missed the first one. :D

lol, she'll be so happy to see you.

Billy: "Im buzzin"
    Girlfriend: "ah, that's nice!"
    Billy: "yeah, RDR2 is out, where is your PS4?"

J Mysterio wrote: »
    lol, she'll be so happy to see you.

Billy: "Im buzzin"
    Girlfriend: "ah, that's nice!"
    Billy: "yeah, RDR2 is out, where is your PS4?"

You're god damn right! :D

Though she's been making more noise than me about it, so the fall out is likely to come from one of us accidentally playing on the others' save and buggering everything up at some point.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

aww pc gamers still as embarassing as ever

Thanks guys, by sounds of it I just have a rubbish monitor :o Glad to hear my PC is top spec, I did buy it based on advice from the pc building forum after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks guys, by sounds of it I just have a rubbish monitor :o Glad to hear my PC is top spec, I did buy it based on advice from the pc building forum after all :D

You should consider hooking it up to the TV if that's feasible. I've my monitor for multiplayer games, and then I've a 15M HDMI going from the PC to my 4K TV for playing single player games on the couch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wonder how tough the bears will be to fight! I remember finding them in the last game was tricky enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wonder how tough the bears will be to fight! I remember finding them in the last game was tricky enough

Well that surely will depend on whether its a console bear or a pc bear? :P

mutley18 wrote: »
    Well that surely will depend on whether its a console bear or a pc bear? :P
    Well Xbox One X is a beast after all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

aww pc gamers still as embarassing as ever

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone who get's tribal over platforms is embarrassing themselves..

That said PC is clearly better....

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Dreamcast is still the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Eastside is dee best

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I wonder will there still be 4 bears charging at you just after you skin the 1st one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭bennyineire

OK looking to find out some discussion on Red Dead Redemption 2, I've gone through the the last 2 pages and nothing.

Can some one tell me where I can go to find a discussion on Red Dead Redemption 2 in the Red Dead Redemption 2 thread please and while you are at can you tell me where the MODS are at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

On the subject of RDR2,i would expect to see the next Gameplay Trailer this week,as Rockstar have a private video on their youtube page,it would suggest they are about to release it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,267 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bigphil2 wrote: »
    On the subject of RDR2,i would expect to see the next Gameplay Trailer this week,as Rockstar have a private video on their youtube page,it would suggest they are about to release it..

They did say there would be one a month until launch didn't they? Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:
    They did say there would be one a month until launch didn't they? Really looking forward to it.

Game is out in 6 weeks. Feel like I've barely seen any of it :o

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Game is out in 6 weeks. Feel like I've barely seen any of it :o

Personally I think that's a good thing! I love to get an idea of what a game will be like ahead of time, like with the Cyberpunk 2077 one that dropped a week or two back, but don't really see the point in trying to watch a lot of the game before playing it so close to release.

I do sometimes to qualify if I want to buy a game or not, but I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread is already a certainty to be picking this up, and most of us on day 1. :D

Advertisement