Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Billy86 wrote: »
    Personally I think that's a good thing! I love to get an idea of what a game will be like ahead of time, like with the Cyberpunk 2077 one that dropped a week or two back, but don't really see the point in trying to watch a lot of the game before playing it so close to release.

I do sometimes to qualify if I want to buy a game or not, but I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread is already a certainty to be picking this up, and most of us on day 1. :D

It's a day one purchase for me, no doubt about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It's a day one purchase for me, no doubt about that.

I have it pre-ordered for a long time with smyths toys. Can't wait to play it.

I watched that long pre-view they released a month or two ago but I will not watch any more as like a previous poster said I also hate watching gameplay footage as I feel it ruins the experience when you go to play it. Going in completely blind is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya Im going to avoid the game play trailers in the build up to this.

Really looking forward to it anyway, I could be "sick" for work on Friday.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I have it pre-ordered for a long time with smyths toys. Can't wait to play it.

Only 59.99 in Smyths. Gamestop are asking for 69.99 for it. :eek:

I went with Smyths as the Game Collection has never delivered a game to me for release day but in terms of where I'd spend my money, Gamestop would be 4th behind Smyths, Game Collection and Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Passenger wrote: »
    Only 59.99 in Smyths. Gamestop are asking for 69.99 for it. :eek:

Fiver off in Smyths as well so actual price is 54.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just pre-ordered! :D:D

The Frontier, Cities & Towns
    Discover some of the towns dotted across the vast and varied landscape of Red Dead Redemption 2; from the forests of West Elizabeth to the mountains of Ambarino to the plains of New Hanover to the swamps of Lemoyne

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/features/frontiercitiesandtowns

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rockstar don’t typically show too much gameplay before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

RDR2 Online just announced. BETA to begin in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

SO wheres the cheapest to get this game for ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pussyhands wrote: »

Normally smyths are decent for cheap games

Pussyhands wrote: »

Smyths are €59.99 delivered but if you collect in store its €54.99 and they're doing midnight launches for it.

Last time I got a game on midnight was GTA V at GameStop :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Smyths are €59.99 delivered but if you collect in store its €54.99 and they're doing midnight launches for it.

Last time I got a game on midnight was GTA V at GameStop :o

I'm tempted with the Special edition but think the missus would disagree :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What she doesn't know can't hurt her.

Ya, I was looking at it but at €85 collected I wasnt too pushed looking at what was offered with it. :o

But tell herself it only cost €55, she wont know either which way. :D

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    What she doesn't know can't hurt her.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I was looking at it but at €85 collected I wasnt too pushed looking at what was offered with it. :o

But tell herself it only cost €55, she wont know either which way. :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Preview of RDR2 by Easy Allies. No new video though. Just notes on a 2 hour session with the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

RDR2 Online just announced. BETA to begin in November.

Bizarre. Assumed it was coming with launch. Dissapointing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bizarre. Assumed it was coming with launch. Dissapointing tbh.

Same with GTA v. I'm glad with the delayed launch of online. Get a good 2 weeks to enjoy the single player before the online temptation is there. There will be so much wrong with online when it does launch, I'm sure it would take away from single player support at launch of needed.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Same with GTA v. I'm glad with the delayed launch of online. Get a good 2 weeks to enjoy the single player before the online temptation is there. There will be so much wrong with online when it does launch, I'm sure it would take away from single player support at launch of needed.

I always try to get the SP completed or at least have a lot of it done before going online.

At least this way, I wont be a level 1 noob going in against level 90 players once I venture into the MP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Exactly. All games should do that. I also disagree with beta play carrying over, but that's for a different thread.

I'm so tempted to book the Saturday off work and get the midnight launch at Smyths on the Friday... I haven't watched anything since the world trailer, and I'll be keeping it that way, but that trailer was enough to put my excitement back up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Yeah, GTA Online was abysmal for ages after it launched. I'm sure they've learnt enough from those mistakes, plus I'd say there'll probably be fewer people playing RDO compared to GTAO when it does start, but yeah there could definitely be a few hiccups at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

maximoose wrote: »

That is really interesting.

It was a novel inclusion in GTA V but it never quite felt right to me the way it was implemented, gun-play was not great and FOV was terrible.

Pretty much all the major gaming sites are posting their 'hands on' thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That is really interesting.

It was a novel inclusion in GTA V but it never quite felt right to me the way it was implemented, gun-play was not great and FOV was terrible.

I agree, I will try it out anyway but will most likely default back to 3rd person view.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

You can also get RDR2 as part of the game stop trade in offer, 2 selected games plus €1 to get the game. I managed to preorder it for €31!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Feature list from recent previews here A LOT of info here maybe you wouldn't wanna get spoiled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9hjxqc/what_i_learned_today_might_contain_small_spoilers/

https://gtaforums.com/topic/915816-rdr2-press-hands-on-previews-20th-september-2018/

Highlights for me include largest map ever, larger than GTA 5 when including gtas land and sea area, and apperantly every building is enterable plus the majority of items can be interacted with and inspected like la noire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,413 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

scottigael wrote: »
    Feature list from recent previews here A LOT of info here maybe you wouldn't wanna get spoiled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9hjxqc/what_i_learned_today_might_contain_small_spoilers/

https://gtaforums.com/topic/915816-rdr2-press-hands-on-previews-20th-september-2018/

Highlights for me include largest map ever, larger than GTA 5 when including gtas land and sea area, and apperantly every building is enterable plus the majority of items can be interacted with and inspected like la noire.

Rockstar have left no stones unturned:
    Dynamic horse testicles, they shrink in cold weather

Pun very much intended. ;)

Advertisement