Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd guess they'll be like Skyrim kids, invulnerable.

py2006 wrote: »
    But can ya shoot em?

Would it be going too far? I suspect something like that might trigger the SJWs into a frenzy.

I suspect they would be made invulnerable or characters prevented from shooting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Make the kids like the Cucco's in Zelda if you attack one of them they attack you en masse right down to flying and pecking at you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd guess they'll be like Skyrim kids, invulnerable.

Good as definite, and as much as we'd all love to kill a hangover by blowing up pixelated figures that resemble kids, it's probably for the best in terms of all the school shooting etc crap in the US (I get it's nothing to do with games, but that narrative is finally seeming to die down a good bit in media so best not to give them more, errr... ammo).
    Would it be going too far? I suspect something like that might trigger the SJWs into a frenzy.

I suspect they would be made invulnerable or characters prevented from shooting them.
    It's actually way more likely to be conservative minded people complaining about it, as has always tended to be the case - particularly in the US where it's a convenient way to get the attention off the actual guns themselves that those conservatives hold so dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Best way to do it is just have you auto miss and have the kids run behind cover or off screen and then disappear.

Has there ever been a game where you could kill a kid?

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Best way to do it is just have you auto miss and have the kids run behind cover or off screen and then disappear.

From recent memory Dying Light had them, kinda. Zombie kids that you put out of their misery...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Can you have pets? I want a pet fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can you have pets? I want a pet fox.

You will be dead in a few years you dont need no pet fox :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Varik wrote: »

Little sisters ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think they charge your card the morning of release day. You just go in to collect it then.

Is it just a matter of giving your name and reservation number?

Prob won’t be finished college in time and might have to send one of the parents in which could end up a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is it just a matter of giving your name and reservation number?

Prob won’t be finished college in time and might have to send one of the parents in which could end up a disaster

They will want to see the confirmation email which has a barcode on it which they scan and then ask your name or the name on the reservation.

They hold it for two days.

One caveat is that they require that you bring ID however I have never been asked to show any. But given as its a requirement and you're not picking it up yourself, I'd almost give your folks your ID in case to show its legitimately being collected for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They will want to see the confirmation email which has a barcode on it which they scan and then ask your name or the name on the reservation.

They hold it for two days.

One caveat is that they require that you bring ID however I have never been asked to show any. But given as its a requirement and you're not picking it up yourself, I'd almost give your folks your ID in case to show its legitimately being collected for you.

Needing ID is a bit silly really, its not like I needed any to complete the pre order, unless its for age purposes if its an age restricted game

Think I’ll just wait until I can get it myself so prob the day after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

50to4olv4io11.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Beat me to it... that might be my single favourite thing I've heard about the game so far, if it's done right it could add incredible immersion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hopefully it's more than a car jacking victim fighting back or putting a bounty on you in GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,141 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Discussing the horse at work, as every non-gamer is fascinated that the horses balls are dynamic, but it made us question, what is a dynamically pooping horse? Would it not just be random poops, or does something affect the rate at which it poops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Discussing the horse at work, as every non-gamer is fascinated that the horses balls are dynamic, but it made us question, what is a dynamically pooping horse? Would it not just be random poops, or does something affect the rate at which it poops?

I’m sure they worked very, very hard on those algorithms. :pac:

Thinking about a game development studio discussing such ideas reminded me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

There should also be an occasional fart from the character . Keep it real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sooooooo,
    I haven't played the original RDR, Will I need to do so before getting this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sooooooo,
    I don't think so... standalone story in both AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,033 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sooooooo,

No. This is a prequel to RDR1, so there'll likely be references and foreshadowing that you won't pick up on, but it's a different main character and a new story, so you should be fine. I remember almost nothing from the first game bar a few names and the general outline of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sooooooo, I haven't played the original RDR, Will I need to do so before getting this?

No but would highly recommend it. Only played it last year for first time myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

You should tho. Cracking game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sooooooo,

You don't 'need to', just like you don't 'need' to do anything else which is brilliant. You should if you like computer games and the Old West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

How good was the DLC for the first one, lads? Was there any that let you play as a lawman or bounty hunter, by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

How good was the DLC for the first one, lads? Was there any that let you play as a lawman or bounty hunter, by any chance?

It was a Zombie mode, turned the whole map into an infected zombie area.

Definitely worth a play but not essential and I've you play it on an Xbox One X it looks fantastic given it's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I haven't played RDR1 but this game sounds unreal. I haven't been excited to get a game since GTA 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The more I read about this game, the more excited I'm getting :cool:

Advertisement