Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have RDR on PS3 but it's been plugged out for ages.. so tempted to pick it up for Xbox One before RDR2 but CEX are looking for twenty quid for it.. cheeky feckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Basq wrote: »
    Have RDR on PS3 but it's been plugged out for ages.. so tempted to pick it up for Xbox One before RDR2 but CEX are looking for twenty quid for it.. cheeky feckers!

Argos have Game of the Year edition listed for €15. At least it'll be new.

I have this ordered despite not being too crazy about the first one. I generally trust Rockstar so I hope I'm not disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Install size will be 105 GB :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Argos have Game of the Year edition listed for €15. At least it'll be new.
    Thanks for that.. reserved last one in my local Argos. Didn't even think to check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Is this gonna be cross platform i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the best place to pre-order from for delivery? Won't be able to make it to a shop on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Is this gonna be cross platform i wonder?
    I'd be very surprised if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

the biggest game in the world at the moment is/will be...would they not make the online of this cross platform too??

the biggest game in the world at the moment is/will be...would they not make the online of this cross platform too??

RDR is infinitely more complex than Fortnite. The level of detail is incomparable between the two. It's not completely implausible, but as I've said, I would be very surprised.

I get your point but I can't ever remember Rockstar doing anything cross-platform and ultimately I think it's down to platform owner.
    I would be hugely surprised if this would happen but I suspect a full blown AAA title for full price would not be using the same marketing scheme as a free-to-play game.

Microsoft & Sony would never let it happen when there is initial sales revenue involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,033 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It almost definitely won't happen for the first 6 months or so at least. Neither Sony nor Microsoft are going to want to risk sales of the game on their platform if people know they can crossplay between systems.

Fortnite is a free to play game which has been out for a while, and Microsoft were already cross-playing with Switch, thereby somewhat forcing Sony's hand by making them look unreasonable for not also allowing it. RDO will be a different kettle of fish altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m going all out and getting the special edition from the PS store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m going all out and getting the special edition from the PS store

Half tempted to too. I would normally never justify it but I will get my moneys worth with all the hours of gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be fair, R* (at least for GTA & RDR) and CDPR are probably the only two companies I would make such an exception for. I'm sure others could point out some smaller developers with similar commitment, but the effort those two companies put towards giving as full and fleshed out game and world as they possibly can is seriously admirable and does deserve credit. It's a shame R* may be in the early stages of switching away from that as they've seen the insane money to be made online with their model from GTAV but I would still hold out hope that they deliver a quality single player game with it (as GTAV was... though it kills me to think if they never even looked at online, the sheer scale of what they could have achieved).

I'd suspect the publisher Take-2 are the driver for the online monetization / microtransactions tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd suspect the publisher Take-2 are the driver for the online monetization / microtransactions tbh

They would play a role - but it definitely is a factor for upper management at R*

The producers would be getting serious bonuses, and that probably trickles down to the employees. R* are notoriously hard to work for, but they can probably keep employees happy and motivated with bonuses linked to micro-transaction volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This game has passed me by over the past couple of months but over the last week or so, the marketing and information dumps out in the public eye have really turned my head. The detail within is ridiculous!! I mean, it may not be as large a map (TBC) but what is available within is something to behold. As many have said, R* have laid the baseline (again) for what is possible for open world games. I am really pumped for this now and will probably break away from my usual baying habits to pick this up in the first few opening days (I normally just pick up a couple of games at Christmas). I think the way that GTAV went in terms of online was a bit crazy in terms of the sharkcards, all the purchasing, etc. but would expect that RDR2 will go down the same route - I mean, what dev\publisher doesn't want to make money.

Two questions
    1) Will this beat the $$$ made by GTAV? I don't think so as GTA seems to me to be a more widely known IP as it kind started the whole open world\sandbox concept
    2) What bricks 'n mortor stores are the cheapest to reserve\pick this up? I know that GameStop have a reserve option (€5 down and your copy is booked, but you get a different version or something like that). I presume pre-booking only gets you those versions..

Saddle up y'all :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Splash the cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Horse84

Is the ultimate edition available to buy anywhere in the country does anyone know?

Take Two own Rockstar lads. All vertically integrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Its about time we got that 2nd gameplay video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda weird to think that GTA IV, V, and Red dead were all the same generation.

Even if the PS4/One/PC ports are nice upgrades they're still ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Varik wrote:
    Kinda weird to think that GTA IV, V, and Red dead were all the same generation.

They have put so much detail & polish into RDR2 with small little things (some of which people didn't ask for or even consider). I feel things like that mean we are way off a Bully game ever happening again as Rockstar will likely focus on GTA VI after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Agreed. I think the reason I'm not as hyped for the game as everyone else is because, while I trust Rockstar, I've yet to see something that makes me go "wow, I NEED this game right now."

Blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just in smyths and saw they are doing the preorder fiver off in store as well. Had to pay 5 euro deposit and pay the other 50 on collection. Midnight launch as well but I think I'm too old for that carry on.

Just sold Spiderman to Cex yesterday for 48 quid so just 7 for RDR 2 is not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gameplay part 2 video dropping tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm Irish time.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1046535175407112192?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Damn got there before me!! I wanted them 'thanks' :-(

Lukker- wrote: »
    They would play a role - but it definitely is a factor for upper management at R*

The producers would be getting serious bonuses, and that probably trickles down to the employees. R* are notoriously hard to work for, but they can probably keep employees happy and motivated with bonuses linked to micro-transaction volume.

I'd be fairly certain Take Two own Rockstar and as all these companies have shown (EA / WB / Take-Two / Activision ect.) that they are the primary reason MTs exist in our games now.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gameplay part 2 video dropping tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm Irish time.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1046535175407112192?s=19

Think I will avoid. I can't do anymore spoilers for myself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement