Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Think I will avoid. I can't do anymore spoilers for myself!

I am sure they won't show any spoilers

py2006 wrote: »
    I am sure they won't show any spoilers

I'd treat even snippets of new game-play as spoilers.
    Would rather have the surprise of new game-play mechanics then be shown them now personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Would rather have the surprise of new game-play mechanics then be shown them now personally.

I see where you are coming form and would like to do the same but I doubt i would have the will power at 2pm today!

Also, every website will be analysing it to death between now and release. You'd probably see/hear snippets between now and next month anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wheres the best place to order online ensuring itll arrive on release day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,950 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Nal wrote: »
    Wheres the best place to order online ensuring itll arrive on release day?
    I'd say Irish retailers would be your only option (Gamestop etc) and I'd be unsure if any of them could promise it to arrive on day of release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,033 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah as much as I loved the GTAV gameplay trailers, they did show sections of some of the biggest missions/heists that I would have rather been surprised by.

I think the last gameplay trailer was enough for me, I might skip this one and go into the game as blind as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Wow, I came in here expecting loads of comments\thoughts on the 2nd gameplay trailer...not a thing?!

Anyway, I thought it was great, without giving away too much. I love the deadeye being able to see the internal organs (including testicles!!) for shooting practice. It looks very fluid moving from cutscene to gameplay to NPC\character interactions. Very impressive and continues to max out my excitement for this game. Traversing through snow\mountain scenes with your horse in tow (and grown facial hair) looked AMAZING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks fantastic.

Think I'll bow out now, ignore all the media between now and launch and focus on finishing Tomb Raider/Spiderman/FH4 in time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

maximoose wrote: »
    Looks fantastic.

Think I'll bow out now, ignore all the media between now and launch and focus on finishing Tomb Raider/Spiderman/FH4 in time :pac:

Is Tomb Raider good? I've been hearing great things about it - i love those cinematic games like Uncharted, God of War, etc.....sounds like that would be right up my alley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is very like uncharted yeah, I'm loving it. I enjoyed the first two and it's more of the same without being too repetitive. Definitely worth picking up!

It's also an absolutely beautiful game. The jungles look amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Tried to resist watching because I know I won't really be able to play this until Christmas break from uni, but succumbed after half an hour. :pac: This is going to be amazing.

Looks absolutely unreal. I think the 1st person mode will suit this way better than GTA v. Can't wait to play some poker. Nice bang off the gunshots. Not looking forward to chopping wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not looking forward to chopping wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 gtaking111

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but where are people picking up their copy? Amazon seems to be the cheapest at around 55 Euro and Smyths has it for 55 as well and you can pick it up same day, anyone seen it cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

If you were to choose between the PS4 Pro and XB1X version, would you say the XBox version will slightly pip the PS4 in terms of performance?
    Trying to decide which machine is the better platform to get it on. The videos they released so far look to be coming from the PS4 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,216 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gtaking111 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic but where are people picking up their copy? Amazon seems to be the cheapest at around 55 Euro and Smyths has it for 55 as well and you can pick it up same day, anyone seen it cheaper?

Smyths are doing midnight opening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    If you were to choose between the PS4 Pro and XB1X version, would you say the XBox version will slightly pip the PS4 in terms of performance?
    Trying to decide which machine is the better platform to get it on. The videos they released so far look to be coming from the PS4 Pro.

Please God don't instigate that 'discussion' again. There was a thread derailment a few pages ago, check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

maximoose wrote: »
    Think I'll bow out now, ignore all the media between now and launch...

I think that's a great shout. I don't think we need to see much more from the gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gtaking111 wrote: »
    Smyths are doing midnight opening

This is key, I'm going to go out and get it at midnight and then let it do the update overnight in rest mode.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This is key, I'm going to go out and get it at midnight and then let it do the update overnight in rest mode.

2j6pf8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Vorrtexx wrote: »

I’ve got both so picking up the X version. I’ve got a feeling it’ll just be a higher resolution and that’s it and you won’t notice much of a difference unless side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Is the special edition worth the extra money? I hadn't really thought about buying this till the last couple of days and reading up on it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

2j6pf8.jpg

Ive the 26th Booked off work..

Im 43 years old,Sh*t like this is closest we come to the excitement of our childhood selves on Xmas eve..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Ive the 26th Booked off work..

Im 43 years old,Sh*t like this is closest we come to the excitement of our childhood selves on Xmas eve..

I just realised that unrelated to the game coming out, I'm off from the 25th to the 31st!
    I'm going to play the shít out of this!
    I might even go to a midnight launch, never been to one before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

conjon wrote: »
    Is the special edition worth the extra money? I hadn't really thought about buying this till the last couple of days and reading up on it.
    Thanks

I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I don't think so.

I also do not think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone see videos claiming people are already playing this

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone see videos claiming people are already playing this

No but I think I remember something similar happened with RDR1 and GTA IV.
    Avoid if that's the case because the spoiler trolls will be everywhere online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement