Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is this ready to pre-download on xbox? It did install like a 10MB file but I was under the impression I could start the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ZiabR wrote: »
    Is this ready to pre-download on xbox? It did install like a 10MB file but I was under the impression I could start the download?
    Think its next Wednesday when the pre-download starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

xbox one is 88.57GB and PS4 is 89.2GB

So what you are saying is that the PS4 version is the better game!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

2 discs. :o

The 90s called, they want their hardware back. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,032 ✭✭✭✭Penn

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

GavRedKing wrote: »
    2 discs. :o

The 90s called, they want their hardware back. :pac:

Pfft. Balde Runner game from '97 had 4 discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry to go off topic but how ****ing good was Blade Runner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Phantasmagoria from '95 had 7 or 8 discs, it was ludcrious relative to the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why don't they let people install the game files and patches, who want to buy the disc version?

I'd like the option at least :)

Think FF8 and 9 had 4 discs too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic but how ****ing good was Blade Runner!

Was brilliant so it was.
    Phantasmagoria from '95 had 7 or 8 discs, it was ludcrious relative to the time.

Thank you. I KNEW there was one with 7, just couldn't remember it.

Never got into FF series. Just didn't click with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah FF9 has 4 discs.

No wonder they're charging 60 quid for 2 discs ...we're practically getting two games! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happy I'll be getting this on download. Who wants discs in this day and age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

murpho999 wrote: »
    Happy I'll be getting this on download. Who wants discs in this day and age?

because you can trade them in for cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just reading this is on 2 disks I’m thinking I will cancel that Smith’s disk preorder and grab from PSN I’m not planning to trade it in anyways.

It’s only an extra 10euros compared to smiths so not to bad

biggebruv wrote: »
    Just reading this is on 2 disks I’m thinking I will cancel that Smith’s disk preorder and grab from PSN I’m not planning to trade it in anyways.

It’s only an extra 10euros compared to smiths so not to bad

€15 no?

Smyths is €55 if you collect in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

The place that normally sends me games a day early sent out an email today saying they can't with RDR2. Cancelled pre-order, gonna get from PSN. Travelling on Sunday abroad for work so need to maximise game time or I can't use the internet for a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The C&C game had the best multi disc setup.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wars have started over less.
    The right answer is get the one your friends play on . If you have no console playing friends either one is fine for RDR2. I thought I saw the Xbox has some early access although only 7 days and presumably some extras.

PS4 has got the time DLC for this, only a month later on Xbox.

• Advertisement

Battleflag wrote: »
    The place that normally sends me games a day early sent out an email today saying they can't with RDR2. Cancelled pre-order, gonna get from PSN. Travelling on Sunday abroad for work so need to maximise game time or I can't use the internet for a week

Yes I remember gtav for ps4 was up to a week late when I ordered online they said it was rockstars fault so I’m canceling this order don’t want this happening again as I have a few days off lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

4real wrote: »
    because you can trade them in for cash :)

It's the only single advantage and you don't get that much.

Much prefer not having discs lying around and ability to seamlessly switch games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,032 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I used to always buy disks but between moving somewhere with great internet, and XtraVision closing (which would mean I'd have to go out of my way to get to a Smyths/Argos/Gamestop), I much prefer just downloading the games these days. And RDR2 is one I can't imagine I would be trading in until such a time as the money I'd get for it would be a pittance (like it isn't already most of the time).

Much prefer not having discs lying around and ability to seamlessly switch games.

I beg to differ I paid 52 for Spider-Man and sold it for 40euros I paid only 12 euros for it in the end you can’t do that with digital

I paid 45 for farcry 4 and sold it for 40 I only paid 5euros in the end so it’s much more in the interest of us the customers than digital where publishers rule the day and that’s that I would absolutely hate that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

biggebruv wrote: »

I beg to differ I paid 52 for Spider-Man and sold it for 40euros I paid only 12 euros for it in the end you can’t do that with digital

I paid 45 for farcry 4 and sold it for 40 I only paid 5euros in the end so it’s much more in the interest of us the customers than digital where publishers rule the day and that’s that I would absolutely hate that

Did the same with spiderman but RDR2 has a ridiculously huge single player and online element. Can’t see myself trading it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got Spider-Man for 36 euros (2 games that cost 35 plus 1 euro to Gamestop) and sold to Cex for 48. 12 euro profit for playing one of the best games this year. Then I got stuck with fallout 4 digitally which I wish I never bought so physical definitely has its perks but red dead does seem like a game where it will be worth having it digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How do you cancel a smyths pre order? no mention of it on the email confirmation I got. (Apologies slightly off topic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

How do you cancel a smyths pre order? no mention of it on the email confirmation I got. (Apologies slightly off topic)

go into your smyths account online and click on Cancel Pre-order under Orders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I always end up with physical for games I'll never trade-in and digital for games that I would have traded in. The market seems to be designed to ensure this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

4real wrote: »
    go into your smyths account online and click on Cancel Pre-order under Orders.

Anyway to cancel it if you pre-ordered it without creating an account?

Advertisement