Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyway to cancel it if you pre-ordered it without creating an account?

DM them on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DM them on twitter.

Ask Smyths are very helpful I found.

Take a look at @AskSmythsToys (@AskSmythsToys): https://twitter.com/AskSmythsToys?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Battleflag wrote: »
    The place that normally sends me games a day early sent out an email today saying they can't with RDR2. Cancelled pre-order, gonna get from PSN. Travelling on Sunday abroad for work so need to maximise game time or I can't use the internet for a week

May I ask which retailer is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just got it on PSN... no messing about. Now to finish assassins creed in 9 days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The will to pull the trigger on pre order is strong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I prefer hard copies. Seeing the stack of different games there. Also isn't there a map with the hard copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I prefer hard copies. Seeing the stack of different games there. Also isn't there a map with the hard copy?

Ah the map in the game should be fine to look out so ya shouldn’t need a physical copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pussyhands wrote: »

The map doesn't come with the standard edition. Only the special and ultimate editions come with a map.

The will to pull the trigger on pre order is strong :pac:

The horse bollick physics alone should surely sway you :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The horse bollick physics alone should surely sway you :pac:

Hmmm done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Battleflag wrote: »
    The place that normally sends me games a day early sent out an email today saying they can't with RDR2. Cancelled pre-order, gonna get from PSN. Travelling on Sunday abroad for work so need to maximise game time or I can't use the internet for a week

May I ask which retailer is that?
    shopto.net - it’s a UK retailer so doubt it’s any benefit to those living back in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I had a bit of credit left on my PS account from the days of using buygamecredit, so I preordered digitally.

Only had to add 8.50 quid or so from my paypal to make up the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

think I'll take next Friday off, it's not like I have a choice now I've thought of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

gimli2112 wrote: »
    think I'll take next Friday off, it's not like I have a choice now I've thought of it

There is an awful bug going around, be careful out there people.

VhmJ.gif

60+ hours of story? Jaysis this is going to be an awful flu :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Where do they get these "x" hours of game time? I'll see a game advertised with a 20 hour campaign, 30 hours in and I'll hardly have scratched the surface. Particularly an open world game like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭weiland79

I just got it on PSN... no messing about. Now to finish assassins creed in 9 days!

Pfftt Assasins creed. Im trying to finish dark souls 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Where do they get these "x" hours of game time? I'll see a game advertised with a 20 hour campaign, 30 hours in and I'll hardly have scratched the surface. Particularly an open world game like this.

That's because you get distracted :pac:

weiland79 wrote: »
    Pfftt Assasins creed. Im trying to finish dark souls 3.

I finished Dark Souls when it came out, great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm the same as you! Whenever I see x amount of hours, I usually double or triple that for the time that I end up putting in :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,966 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pretty sure it's the number of hours it takes to go from start to finish if you just do the required quests, and not all of the extras.

I'll get it for xbox I think, my xbox needs some love, haven't turned it on since May :o:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm the same as you! Whenever I see x amount of hours, I usually double or triple that for the time that I end up putting in :D

My first play through of Witcher 3 was 360hrs.. not sure what the call was when it came out,i read 50-60 in a couple of places..but it explored every inch i could of the map,but i still didnt see everything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

How long do you have to collect a pre-order from Smyths? I mightn't be able to get in on Friday.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    How long do you have to collect a pre-order from Smyths? I mightn't be able to get in on Friday.

Two days and then it's cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

60+ hours of story? Jaysis this is going to be an awful flu :D

Temptamperu Flu. Nasty strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Preload has started in New Zealand, so looks like it's 92.7GB download
    3uo8krhyjxs11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Slightly OT, but why was RDR never ported over to PS4?

Leroy42 wrote: »

They were probably making such a mint off GTA V online that it wasn't seen as worthwhile for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Leroy42 wrote: »

The code base was a mess I think. Supposedly it's one of the reasons why it was never given a PC release.

Advertisement