Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Supervalu will be selling this game . Is this in every store and will it be from Friday morning?

I can't see anything on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Supervalu will be selling this game . Is this in every store and will it be from Friday morning?

i'm not sure but was thinking the same question - I'll probably just go into my local over the weekend and ask the manager if they'll have it

i'm not sure but was thinking the same question - I'll probably just go into my local over the weekend and ask the manager if they'll have it

Yeah, my plan is (I live close to a Supervalu) to go in Friday morning to get to get one, if not go with the PSN download. Seems worth it to potentially save €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do yee think we'll have a solid 30fps on the base consoles? I think I can wait for the PC release for the better performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was in my local store yesterday, management said that it will be on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cameloid

I want to play RDR 1 in ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm at 25GB downloaded since 8am.
    Can't believe I'm watching my download progress on a game I wont be able to play for another 7 days :o

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Cameloid wrote: »
    I want to play RDR 1 in ps4

You can through Playstation Now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do yee think we'll have a solid 30fps on the base consoles? I think I can wait for the PC release for the better performance!

The standard Ps4 version will be fine honestly just sit back relax and enjoy the game and you soon forget about all that stuff imo

Sure all the extra bells and whistles are nice but it’s not worth waiting for probably knowing rockstar over a year and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Out of interest are many cancelling pre orders and going digital instead? Can't make my mind up.

• Advertisement

Out of interest are many cancelling pre orders and going digital instead? Can't make my mind up.

Why? Unless you are planing a late one @ 12am then just wait ;)

Physical Special edition for me, **** digital IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, I had planned on getting from Supervalu for €50.
    In a fit of madness last night I plunged for the special edition version for €85 on the PS Store.
    I convinced myself that the disc version would have a sizable day 1 download and I didn't want to be waiting for that!
    I also don't see myself ever wanting to sell this game on so digital is fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why? Unless you are planing a late one @ 12am then just wait ;)

Physical Special edition for me, **** digital IMO

The servers will be slammed at launch and your looking at a slow day one patch download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Heres the thing, for me at least.

If the campaign alone is 60 hours long, then even at €85 for the special edition, that works out at a cost of €1.42 per hour. Now, tack another what? 20 hours of side stuff? Then the Online portion? If it's as enjoyable as I found GTA V, then I'd not be trading a Disc version in for quite some time.

What is the difference in the different versions? Are you paying for extra content or just content you'll get anyway but have to work for it?

I'm not interested in the online or GTA bonus stuff

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The servers will be slammed at launch and your looking at a slow day one patch download.

Be grand, day off. Collect it in the morning and leave it tipping away.
    Wont get to it till the evening anyway.

What is the difference in the different versions? Are you paying for extra content or just content you'll get anyway but have to work for it?

I'm not interested in the online or GTA bonus stuff

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-xbox-one/red-dead-redemption-2-special-edition-xbox-one/p/168437

For me it's the physical map I want

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to cancel a pre-order with GameStop? I traded two games in against RDR2 but going to get it digitally now instead.

I logged on to Gamestop as I have an account at level 3.
    Did not see any method online to do so.
    I'd say the best bet is to bring receipt to store.

Be grand, day off. Collect it in the morning and leave it tipping away.
    Wont get to it till the evening anyway.

I'm working Friday and have a 20 minute drive to collect the bloody thing so that's why I'm considering cancelling it and going digital.

I logged on to Gamestop as I have an account at level 3.
    Did not see any method online to do so.
    I'd say the best bet is to bring receipt to store.

I don't even have the receipt anymore I ordered that long ago :pac: I'll try ring them later and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Will you be playing it on a One X?

Yes sir
    4K HDR all the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Yes sir
    4K HDR all the way :D

You lucky man :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really?

Mr-Bean-no-ha-muerto-Cuidado-es-un-virus-que-circula-en-redes-640x424.jpg

:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I checked in the SuperValu on Talbot Street, and they don't have any copies coming into their store on 26th - if anyone gets confirmation from any other city centre SuperValu stores that will have it can you let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I can't decide on a physical copy or digital!! On one hand I love my physical copys of games much like owning a CD. I put a deposit down for it in Gamestop but I think I'd rather download it and have it preloaded so I could play it midnight Thursday!! I don't want to have to drive back home Friday morning to sit for an hour downloading and installing etc!!

If you digital it, when is it available to play? I guess its based on some US time so maybe US midnight on 26th (ie at the end of the 25th) so it would be around 6am here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you digital it, when is it available to play? I guess its based on some US time so maybe US midnight on 26th (ie at the end of the 25th) so it would be around 6am here?

It's based on the region of the store you purchased it from, so midnight Irish time if buying from the Irish PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

That's true, your probably right abput the timezone, unlocked at US time. I got a 400gb harddrive PS4 so a digital download would take alot of space. Think I'll just go with the physical copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Nodferatu wrote: »
    That's true, your probably right abput the timezone, unlocked at US time. I got a 400gb harddrive PS4 so a digital download would take alot of space. Think I'll just go with the physical copy.

it'll be the same size after its installed

just need an extra 50 gig for the install process ,then you get that 50 gig back after its installed

Advertisement